Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will there be a Diagon Alley in USH?

Are they going to bring Diagon Alley to Universal Hollywood? Any plans for this or rumors? Can they fit it?

• Singing Drinker

Re: Will there be a Diagon Alley in USH?

Eventually? I'm pretty sure. They've been moving more themepark operations into the backlot areas, and it looks like they may more or less absorb at least some of the area by Courthouse Square for tour related activites at night. It's not a far stretch to imagine them converting more of the backlot.

I've also seen a few rumors on a few other sites that Universal's Creative has essentially been told the greenlight's on the way for another close to billion in expansion rumored to include HP West Phase 2, which would presumably include some version of what's opening in FL.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I sure hope so!!

I'm guessing it won't be for a while. I don't know if we'll get something as elaborate as Diagon Alley, but I would guess whatever is meant to replace WaterWorld will probably be HP related. Otherwise, from their current Evolution plan there really isn't a spot big enough for DA and Gringotts. Maybe Prop Plaza?

With Soundstage 28 on its way to demolition, a very junky Panda Express and Ben'N' Jerry's area in the lower lot, and a Hogwarts Express as a better way to transport people between the Upper and Lower lots (since Hogsmeade will be in the Upper Lot in Spring 2016), it's very likely at this point. A variety article confirms the soundstage's removal here claiming it's for "theme park expansion" and that it's "too noisy" next to Transformers.

i'm just going to say this; don't expect it on Soundstage 28; I think the best location might just be the Falls Lake area due to Hogwarts express. It is without a doubt a problem here and the Falls Lake has a good size to hold a Diagon alley/London. and with the idea of Soundstage 28; it would be dealing a lot of problems due to the hill. its just my thinking but cmon; it would be pure chaos if they put it down in the lower lot and would make more sense on the south side of the studios..
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    i'm just going to say this; don't expect it on Soundstage 28; I think the best location might just be the Falls Lake area due to Hogwarts express. It is without a doubt a problem here and the Falls Lake has a good size to hold a Diagon alley/London. and with the idea of Soundstage 28; it would be dealing a lot of problems due to the hill. its just my thinking but cmon; it would be pure chaos if they put it down in the lower lot and would make more sense on the south side of the studios..
    I honestly think that Falls Lake is too far from the park itself to be able to conjoin Diagon Alley to the park there. The lower lot is also much flatter than the Upper Lot, so that would help. They could easily keep the Jurassic Park restaurant and there is a walkway between the Jurassic Falls and the Tomb Treasures store. They could knock down the Tomb Treasures store, which would arguably make more sense next to the Mummy building anyway, and there's also a Panda Express and Ben and Jerry's behind the Tom Treasures store, which would arguably make more sense at Citywalk than the park itself. That cluster of showbuildings opposite the Mummy and the new Starbucks could easily be razed to make way for the Kings' Cross Station and most of Diagon Alley. It could be slightly downscaled due to size, but there's no doubt Universal would accomodate for it at this point! I posted InsideUniversal.net's map of the lower lot and the Soundstage 28 building is directly across from the cluster of Tomb Traders and Panda, which buildings are already oversized for what it is. The current Tomb Traders building could probably be repurposed for Kings' Cross Station. The Soundstage is already larger than Transformers and could easily accomodate Gringotts there.

Last edited by Max LaZebnik; 08-29-2014 at 09:39 AM.

For better reference for what I mean could be Diagon Alley, I provided a Photoshop overlay:

Quote Originally Posted by Max LaZebnik View Post
    I honestly think that Falls Lake is too far from the park itself to be able to conjoin Diagon Alley to the park there. The lower lot is also much flatter than the Upper Lot, so that would help. They could easily keep the Jurassic Park restaurant and there is a walkway between the Jurassic Falls and the Tomb Treasures store. They could knock down the Tomb Treasures store, which would arguably make more sense next to the Mummy building anyway, and there's also a Panda Express and Ben and Jerry's behind the Tom Treasures store, which would arguably make more sense at Citywalk than the park itself. That cluster of showbuildings opposite the Mummy and the new Starbucks could easily be razed to make way for the Kings' Cross Station and most of Diagon Alley. It could be slightly downscaled due to size, but there's no doubt Universal would accomodate for it at this point! I posted InsideUniversal.net's map of the lower lot and the Soundstage 28 building is directly across from the cluster of Tomb Traders and Panda, which buildings are already oversized for what it is. The current Tomb Traders building could probably be repurposed for Kings' Cross Station. The Soundstage is already larger than Transformers and could easily accomodate Gringotts there.

The land between Falls Lake and WWOHP is actually pretty flat. It would be easier to build a Hogwarts Express from WWOHP to Falls Lake than it would be to the Lower Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    The land between Falls Lake and WWOHP is actually pretty flat. It would be easier to build a Hogwarts Express from WWOHP to Falls Lake than it would be to the Lower Lot.
    If you think about it though, there is only the Starway to transport people between the Upper and Lower lots. Everyone hates the annoying and monotonous 10-minute ride of 3 or four long escalators. The Hogwarts Express would be far more ideal as a means of transportation between the two lots. I highly doubt they would ever build both Wizarding Worlds right next to each other. The Hogwarts Express transportation is also meant to put people in the movies to feel like they are really traveling between Hogsmeade and London.

Heres where you do have to remember, Diagon alley is... well; for lack of better term, HUGE. No way in hell can it fit in; unless you remove Transformers and the CSI soundstages. but no way they are getting rid of a new dark ride that is doing well in numbers and the CSI soundstages *unless later on* can't be removed due to the sizes for its film productions, and it has to be something relatively quiet so... NO Diagon Alley!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Heres where you do have to remember, Diagon alley is... well; for lack of better term, HUGE. No way in hell can it fit in; unless you remove Transformers and the CSI soundstages. but no way they are getting rid of a new dark ride that is doing well in numbers and the CSI soundstages *unless later on* can't be removed due to the sizes for its film productions, and it has to be something relatively quiet so... NO Diagon Alley!
    Never say never my friend.

• Singing Drinker

Many Universal Studios film facilities can be moved. Studio square footage can be converted if Comcast/Uni decides that the facilities would be more profitable as theme park property. They do have a substantial amount of useable land, it's just a question of how much of the facility they wish to continue using primarily as a film studio.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Isn't Diagon something like 20 acres. Gringott's itself is something like 70k sq-ft, way bigger than Studio 28. Unless a major building shuffle comes along, I certainly do not want an abbreviated version of Diagon or Gringott's in the lower lot.

food for Thought here, Panda Express, NBCuniversal Experience, Tomb Treasures, and Soundstage 28 has roughly 3 to 4 acreage. Diagon Alley is 7 Acres because it was on the Jaws ride spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast