View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like most of the ideas (please explain)

3 25.00%
  • Dislike most of the ideas (please explain)

2 16.67%
  • I like Universal Village better

1 8.33%
  • Don't care/ Unsure

7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Filmfreak11's Universal Studios Hollywood Improvement ideas

NBC wants to make as much money as passable...

esp when the studio makes more money then the parks do.

right now they are redoing the older sets, moving sets they use more to favorable areas. and making room for other profitable ventures, which might also be used for taping and filming.

remember, this is a 10 year plan... so they will be moving everything slowly... first move stages then sets then make room for the new stuff.

it makes sence since their studios have been booked to capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    NBC wants to make as much money as passable...

esp when the studio makes more money then the parks do.
    Yep. And with the 1800 people on theme park payrol it is the largest business unit in GE. Not to mention opering on a very thin margin.

• My Boss Has No Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    An Indy style ride through Skull Island would rock. Guests would be attacked by the natives, those bat creatures, giant insects, T-Rex, and at the end come face to face with Kong. I know he was killed at the end, but you can't really have a Kong ride without Kong.
    That would be SAH-WEET!! Sign me up

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Hmmm... can you tell me more? Most of the MidLot attractions will and should be quietly indoors to prevent high noise pollution.
    roller coasters... and more cars on the road.... they don't like traffic? well lets install condos which will guarantee more traffic then

• ...TWO BITS!

Just speculating on BTTF. Rumored to go Feb 07 for USH. No opening date set. Supposedly Universal lost the them park rights from FOX to use The Simpsons. Another rumor is Transformers. Transformers is coming out summer 07. Dreamworks sometimes work with Universal. Also considering the Spielberg relationship. I just saw a new trailer for the movie involving the military. SO, I'm thinking maybe BTTF may be a special military facility with new hovercrafts (or just helicopters?) to attack the transformers. Adventure and action ensues.

This is just my guess...

Still nothing on Van Helsing maze.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Theme Park Insider

I'm a former USH Tour Guide, and that's horrifying that they're gonna add more homes in the backlot! Ugh, we always had enough problems with the neighbors complaining about the noise in the backlot, so why in the world would they want to bring more homeowners in even closer?!? Stupid. Unfortunately, the moneymakers are given more priority over the theme park itself, which means that they'll cater to the usable (meaning where things are filmed the most) sets and sound stages first, the neighboring properties second, and the theme park last. There's almost no chance that they'll open the lower lot to guests anytime soon, and they won't build rides down there due to the noise restrictions. I'm really surprised that they're even considering giving space away because there's so little to work with as is; that's why there haven't been many new attractions, because they have to work with the space they have. This makes me sad; I loved doing the Backlot Tour, and it seems like if this plan goes through, it's going to make it pretty pathetic indeed.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ 100% agree with you. I'm thinking of applying for a summer job at USH in 2007. Maybe a USH Tour Guide since I've been on it so many times and seems like a fun job. I want to do something that is unique and you can only do at a theme park .

I came across this news for Paramount Parks from screamscape. I thought it was going to be a live stunt show, which would be neat. Then it describes a maze. So I thought since Paramount does some business with Universal, maybe this is what we can expect in the Van Helsing maze. Or maybe "Tomb Radier in Fortress Dracula" :

2007- Tomb Raider Legend: Live! - (1/1/07) We haven’t heard much about this park in quite awhile, but it seems they have opened a new temporary attraction based on the latest Tomb Raider video game until January 26th. The website doesn’t say much but I’m told that it involves a walk-though maze of tombs and tunnels, though crypts and past various monsters.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Another rumor is Transformers. Transformers is coming out summer 07. Dreamworks sometimes work with Universal. Also considering the Spielberg relationship. I just saw a new trailer for the movie involving the military. SO, I'm thinking maybe BTTF may be a special military facility with new hovercrafts (or just helicopters?) to attack the transformers. Adventure and action ensues.
    Just an FYI - 'Transformers' is from DreamWorks Pictures, a Paramount Pictures' company. Another Michael Bay directed film, his last collaboration with DW was 'The Island'.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yup, but Paramount Pictures doesn't own Dreamworks Animation

-Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^ Yup, but Paramount Pictures doesn't own Dreamworks Animation
    The deal included Distribution rights. Thus far this production hasn't mentioned DW Animation anywhere but keep smiling, USH needs the optimism.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...TWO BITS!

screamscape is now reporting Van Helsing will be a classic Universal Monster maze. So those monsters went from singing their heart out to scaring your heart out... I know, I know, bad joke

-Jurassic Park

i really think that they should bring back beeteljuice. end of story. it was a fantastic show that everyone enjoyed.

if they were to move in 'deal or no deal' and get rid of fear factor? i think that's a marvelous idea. HOWEVER, they would need to up the ante for the prizes. which, being a company of 1800+, they won't. which is why fear factor is such a joke. but then again, the show could hve the kiss of death like 'how to be a millionaire' at dca. however, i like deal or no deal a lot more. its just a FUN show.

i like your ideas. ush needs some much love. its a joke. with their tickets at $61 right now, just to stay in competition with disneyland? THAT'S A JOKE. the park is not WORTH! that much money. with the limited attractions, it should cost what it did 3 years ago - $46.

yeah, being a tour guide would be awesome.

keep in mind its a grueling schedule and the pay is CRAP. and i'm so glad i got out. yes, i miss working at ush and i'm very appreciative (sp?) of my tenure there. however, management is going down the toilet. the park is just lacking in glory like it used to have.

and desperate housewives?? they say "JUMP" we say "how high?!?!?" cuz abc KNOWS that they own our studio tour because of the wisteria lane.

ok.

i'm done ranting.

i really like your ideas a lot. it would improve the place greatly.
    kingdom hearts <3er

USh the theme park is dying a slow death i see it eventually turning into a free entrance venue with ticketed attractions thrown in between more shops and nightclubs

• ...TWO BITS!

http://www.coasterrealm.com/template...os%20Hollywood

Their upgrades and placemaking is actually good, for now.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...23#post1516223

Idea to replace The Fast & the Furious: Extreme Close-Up with TRANSFORMERS transforming from car to robot and do battle

-Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast