View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like most of the ideas (please explain)

3 25.00%
  • Dislike most of the ideas (please explain)

2 16.67%
  • I like Universal Village better

1 8.33%
  • Don't care/ Unsure

7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Filmfreak11's Universal Studios Hollywood Improvement ideas

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58152

Idea thread about TWISTER and KING KONG.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...95#post1551195

Idea thread basically to redo the Mummy tunnel to Star Trek borg simulation.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

how could they demolish the nebihorhod if there still filming desprate housewives?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

^ They're gonna move it to I think around where JAWS or RED SEA is now. I think they describe it more in screamscape.com

But this is supposedly a "25 year plan". So DH may be cancelled by then and Universal can move in with their troops.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

But this is supposedly a "25 year plan". So DH may be cancelled by then and Universal can move in with their troops.
    i understand
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

Was just kinda foolin around on youtube. In addition to the idea of putting a Marvel Superheros vs Supervillains stunt show in Fear Factor Live, maybe have a segment for a blacklight show. A mix between puppetry, black light show, Animaque, Voyage of Little Mermaid, Matrix Ping Pong, and the black light show in PortAventura. Have the blacklight show be when the villains shut down the power to the building. I think this would look awesome and make a run for Disney, Knotts, and 6 Flag's money.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Hmmm... Harry Potter castle with magic flying cars? Or Springfield Nuclear Power Plant with possible vehicle design by that professor scientist hired by Burns for the plant but you take a trip through Springfield?

I like the HP flying cars overall theme that could go into BTTF. But HP would work great in IOA and a Springfield Nuclear Power Plant industrial look would look better in BTTF.

MAYBE have HP go in IOA, Simpsons go in BTTF, and at USH, have BTTF designed after HP! The Castle would look like it's on the edge of a cliff!! It'd be neat if they have some sort of open-air show on the BTTF ground queue. Then during HHN, Universal doesn't have to set up a stage infront of the attraction. This could prompt that Castle Theater to look more industrial for a Marvel superhero vs supervillains show, keeping the power plant set inside.

But Universal will probably copy USF's BTTF into USH's. But the above idea sounds great!!

Simpsons could maybe drive around in their car for meet n greet...

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Was surfing the net and came by a pic of the current F&F "show" and an advertisement pic. In the ad, it has explosive flames "pushing" the cars into the air at the trams. Why not use a similar effect from T2:3D's "explosive" ending and put it in the F&F show? Basically a blast of smoke that looks like flames pushing the cars into the air, covering up the fact that there's a robotic arm under the cars. Then when the smoke disappears, it can be revealed that the cars were on robotic arms the entire time...

I still don't like the dancing cars bit... haha.

EDIT: Since JAWS may be taken out, maybe reuse the spraying gasoline hose and put that inbetween the 2 cars. During a take, the "gas" is accidentally spraying everywhere. This causes a potential hazard. The tour guide tries to stop the take, but it's too late, the cars explode into the air hurtling towards the tram.

So basically what is NOT seen during the quick "run-through" is the sparying gas, smoke flames, and cars on the stick moving towards guests.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 04-22-2007 at 10:43 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Having a "what if" moment. This would NEVER fly through. But maybe in the far distant future:

Modifying The Vision Plan-

1) How about constructing a huge parking structure in the Falls Lake and War of the Worlds set. The neighbors wouldn't have much noise complaints to make anymore.

2) Move Citywalk south, closer to the cliffside. Then the current Citywalk is used for USH's Upper Lot expansion.

QUESTION: Why did they decide to build Citywalk instead of expanding the park? Why was the Fievel's playground essentially relocated with a new theme over the Rocky & Bullwinkie stage? Seems odd when you can build something really special over the old stage and you wouldn't have to deal with the space issue of a playground over a parking structure. When did CItywalk open?

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

From my understanding of The Vision Plan, they want to replace the Western sets with Rome. Replace the surrounding areas of the road to the parting of the Red Sea (Park Lake) and Rome with Wisteria Lane. The Plan B service road that would be taken by the tram if the red sea was broken to be a new street, I can't make out the words. I also can't make out what's above the new Rome in 6 Points Texas, possibly Little Europe. The hill south of JAWS would be the relocated Psycho house & Bates Motel. Looks like the Flash Flood will survive but the JAWS lake will be filled in, there's only these gray buildings. The facility above the "transportation department" for the tour to be a new attraction for the tour. Looks like Earthquake and Denver Street will survive. West of the current prop house, will be a separate structure to hold more props & costumes. The tunnel is to be relocated and rethemed approximately west of the road access behind the backdrop to Falls Lake. Nothing for Collapsing Bridge.

http://thestudiotour.com/ush/attract...ion/big_sp.jpg

http://www.screamscape.com/html/ush_-_vision_plan_3.htm

So in some respects, they're condensing/compacting most everything together. 6 Points Texas western sets could still use Denver Street. Nearly all the water features will be gone: Falls Lake, JAWS, and Park Lake. Maybe the new attraction above the "transportation department" would fill that bill. But from this new construction to the new tunnel, there's not much to see. Maybe they'll lay out more props.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

I can't really say that I"m in support of the Waterworld stage being given up for the rumored The Amazing Spider-Man attraction. Although I LOVE the ride, I don't think it's what USH needs. There's already T2:3D, BTTF/Simpsons, and I hope Shrek4D becomes a darkride. USH needs more dark ride attractions that doesn't solely need or is based on movie screens. Spider-Man is kind of BTTF/Simpsons but moving through scenes. So I as much as I LOVE Waterworld, I think a new stunt show should take its place. And the Gibson Amiphtheater and grass areas couuld be split to make 2 new attractions. And giving a connecting path from the pathway near Waterworld to around where the Nick Blast Zone is.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

-Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123