View Poll Results: How Will IOA's "Transformers" Ride Compare w/ IOA's Spiderman?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transformers will be superior.

7 25.93%
  • It will be equally good.

6 22.22%
  • It will be inferior.

1 3.70%
  • Prefer to reserve my judgement until I have more information.

13 48.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Universal's "Transformers" Ride Concept Art/How Will Ride Compare w/ IOA's Spiderman?

Universal boards 'Transformers' ride - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=klMAsj3vjgc

The ride system discription of Universal's coming new Transformers attraction sounds like a Orlando's Spiderman, only with a different theme and state-of-the-art next generation tech. As has been previously discussed on this board, the coming ride will feature special effects in conjunction with 3-D HD film interactivity, robotics, and rider vehicles that travel on tracks. Of further interest, the above concept artwork evokes a similar environment.

The heroic fight of the Autobons against the Decepticons will certainly offer a superhero team dynamic that is different than Spidey. Utilizing the former Backdraft building could lead to guests feeling the heat of war. literally.

All of this being said, I would like to know your opinion as to whether you believe this ride appears to be be a better concept than IOA's Spiderman, equally good, or inferior - or perhaps you may choose to reserve your opinion untill you find out more about the ride. A poll will soon be up.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Crazy Furry

Re: Universal's "Transformers" Ride Concept Art/How Will Ride Compare w/ IOA's Spider

I'm going to reserve my judgement on this one, especially since we don't know how far they are really going to go into utilizing large AA's. However we should know pretty soon since this attraction will first open in Universal Singapore.

However, I admit I'm more curious about the major attraction to open in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. That one looks to be an interactive version of Spiderman.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Universal's "Transformers" Ride Concept Art/How Will Ride Compare w/ IOA's Spider

I think it's the type of story and characters that lead itself well to a theme park ride.. in part because of the fantasy part without being too compared to reality. If you can get people over the stereotypes - but since the movie did so well, I'm sure that won't be much of an issue. If it pulls off as good as people say spiderman is.. I'd be excited to see it. Unfortunately I haven't been to any Uni park since way before IoA was even around.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    I'm going to reserve my judgement on this one, especially since we don't know how far they are really going to go into utilizing large AA's. However we should know pretty soon since this attraction will first open in Universal Singapore.

However, I admit I'm more curious about the major attraction to open in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. That one looks to be an interactive version of Spiderman.
    Good points, AE_Fan. The Singapore ride will be vey interesting to watch take shape. Hard to tell how much robot interaction there will be. The description certainly leads one to expact a lot.

The Spiderman-like ride for Wizarding World has me super intrigued as well. Thought I'd wait to report on it until more details sirface.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think it's the type of story and characters that lead itself well to a theme park ride.. in part because of the fantasy part without being too compared to reality. If you can get people over the stereotypes - but since the movie did so well, I'm sure that won't be much of an issue. If it pulls off as good as people say spiderman is.. I'd be excited to see it. Unfortunately I haven't been to any Uni park since way before IoA was even around.
    If the same creative team that worked on Spiderman is uiilized, I don't see how they can miss with transformers - especially if they are given a decent budget. The magnitude of the park area that were talking about (at both Singapore and Hollywood) tells me that Universal isn't pulling any punches where capital is concerned - so far.

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Spiderman-like ride for Wizarding World has me super intrigued as well. Thought I'd wait to report on it until more details sirface.
    Well if you go to Google Patents and search for US Patent No. 6796908 , you can at least get some concept pictures and a lot of pages talking about many things this attraction can pull off.

The main gist I'm getting from it is your going to be in a circular ride vehicle attatched to the moving motion simulator a la' Spiderman, and working with the people in your car you'll be performing tasks that can help or hinder your progress through the ride. For example, if you don't do a certain action or task, you'll get hit with water, air etc. Included in the concept art are plans for wands, some kind of ID card, and a room or two.

In my opinion, this looks like it could be a great family attraction. Especially since it looks like there will never be the same ride twice, and I think it's somewhat confirmed since over at Screamscape there are reports of the track being sighted...and it's similar to the style of Spiderman's.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

I'm sorry, but this is the Transformers, the latest and most egregious example of Hollywood's creative bankruptcy: A cheapo eighties toy tie-in cartoon turned into a big-budget boomfest by the villain that committed Pearl Harbor. I await his massively expensive "re-imaginings" of M.A.S.K, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and, of course, My Little Pony.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

So, where exactly is this attraction going to be built? Next to Backdraft? I don't remember a lot of room back in that corner of the park. (I could be wrong, though.)

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    So, where exactly is this attraction going to be built? Next to Backdraft? I don't remember a lot of room back in that corner of the park. (I could be wrong, though.)
    I think it is replacing "Backdraft" and the "Special Effects Stages".
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Iron-Clad Allie

The ride will be fairly massive. Part of it will incorporate what is now the Backdraft building, the speacial effects stages and additional area in the back lot.

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I do believe that Universal will use pyro meckanics in the backdraft building for the new Transformers ride.

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Well if you go to Google Patents and search for US Patent No. 6796908 , you can at least get some concept pictures and a lot of pages talking about many things this attraction can pull off.

The main gist I'm getting from it is your going to be in a circular ride vehicle attatched to the moving motion simulator a la' Spiderman, and working with the people in your car you'll be performing tasks that can help or hinder your progress through the ride. For example, if you don't do a certain action or task, you'll get hit with water, air etc. Included in the concept art are plans for wands, some kind of ID card, and a room or two.

In my opinion, this looks like it could be a great family attraction. Especially since it looks like there will never be the same ride twice, and I think it's somewhat confirmed since over at Screamscape there are reports of the track being sighted...and it's similar to the style of Spiderman's.
    I can't comment on the ride concept, but it's true, they have installed the track for Potter. It's a buss bar track system, just like Spider-Man. The only difference is that it's somewhat elevated. What really sets Potter apart is the Kuka motion base, which provides a superior range of motion.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The ride will be fairly massive. Part of it will incorporate what is now the Backdraft building, the speacial effects stages and additional area in the back lot.

I do believe that Universal will use pyro meckanics in the backdraft building for the new Transformers ride.
    Okay, the Special Effects Stage I could see going, but Backdraft?! That show was HOT! (Joke intended.) :sigh: First E.T., then Back To The Future, now Backdraft. What's going to be next, Jurassic Park? Such is life, I suppose.

Thanks for the info.!

- Joe

• Iron-Clad Allie

Okay, the Special Effects Stage I could see going, but Backdraft?! That show was HOT! (Joke intended.) :sigh: First E.T., then Back To The Future, now Backdraft. What's going to be next, Jurassic Park? Such is life, I suppose.

Thanks for the info.!

- Joe
    I'll miss Backdraft, too. A consilation exists in the fact that the mechanics and effects will apparently be put to use. THE HEAT IS ON! (no fun intended). Doubt that Jurrasic Park will disappear for ages. It's too big of an icon - like King Kong was.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-19-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Good thing JP is a water ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Good thing JP is a water ride.
    JP is good to the last drop!

• Berm Buster

I personally cannot wait till it opens in Universal Studios Hollywood! Its nice for them to actually make a new attraction instead of just reusing the same technology from a previous attraction that was there in its place. So yeah. I think it will be better than Spider Man cause that was the first of its kind and now they can only make it better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast