• Certified in everything

USF/IOA Front of the Line Pass?

I am going to Universal in Florida this summer and will be staying in a hotel on the property, which I think means that you can use your hotel key as a front of the line pass?

Anyway, I was wondering if the front of the line pass is as effective as it is at USH, where if you use it there is basically no wait. Also, I was wondering which attractions have the front of the line pass. I have to try and see both parks in one day, which I'm guessing is possible if I skip the rides that are also in USH. Does anybody have any tips/help, anything would be would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: USF/IOA Front of the Line Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I am going to Universal in Florida this summer and will be staying in a hotel on the property, which I think means that you can use your hotel key as a front of the line pass?

Anyway, I was wondering if the front of the line pass is as effective as it is at USH, where if you use it there is basically no wait. Also, I was wondering which attractions have the front of the line pass. I have to try and see both parks in one day, which I'm guessing is possible if I skip the rides that are also in USH. Does anybody have any tips/help, anything would be would be appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, you can the Universal Express due to staying on a resort based hotel. Your hotel key is your express pass. Almost every attraction in USF and IOA has an express entrance and you can do it as much as you want.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post

If you're staying at the Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino Bay, then your hotel room key will act as an unlimited express pass. For the most part, you'll pretty much walk on rides with a few exceptions - Dueling Dragons, Hulk, and Mummy.

DD's express/standby joining point is right before you select which dragon you're riding, so you may have to wait a bit to make your way to the actual boarding station (usually takes 5-10 minutes).

With Hulk the express queue just tends to get backed up down the stairs... again, at most it'll take 5-10 minutes.

With Mummy the backing up of the queue only occurs when they're using one side of the loading station, but since you're going during the summer, I doubt it'll be an issue as they'll be using both sides.

Also, it's important to note that these back ups generally only occur during the very heat of the day (12-3ish I'd say) so most of time you'll be boarding in less than 5 minutes. It's an excellent perk and you'll definitely enjoy it.

Just as an FYI (you may already know this), the following attractions won't work with Express:

*Pteranadon Flyers (a weak ride anyway, not worth a wait)
    *Fievel's Playland Slide (it's a basic water slide, wait's usually only 10 minutes anyhow...)
    *Hulk Front Row
    *Dueling Dragons Front Row

If you're a coaster fan and want to enjoy the front rows for the coasters (which I whole-heartedly recommend, especially with DD as it changes the entire experience) get to the parks pretty early, hit Hulk, and then sprint to Dueling Dragons and hit up both dragons front row - absolutely amazing rides.

Have a great trip!

• Certified in everything

Thanks a lot! This really helps/eases my worries about getting to get on everything!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Just as an FYI (you may already know this), the following attractions won't work with Express:
    *Dueling Dragons Front Row
    You sure about that? Last time I went I was able to hit the front rows anytime I wanted since the Express Enterance puts you right in the room before you make your choice of Dragon.

But anyways, as long as you stay at Hard Rock Hotel, Portifino Bay or Royal Pacific (RP is really nice)...you pretty much have a Express Pass that in my opinion truly kills Disney's fastpass.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.