My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

New York at Universal Studios Florida photographed in November 2008:
Universal Orlando features two theme parks, one of which is the movie-themed Universal Studios Florida that is divided into 6 areas with very different environments, several of which can be further subdivided due to their incoherent combinations. New York is an area composed of a grid of streets and alleys with nicely detailed facades that recall The Big Apple of the early 20th century. The buildings contain shops and dining and a few attractions, and are located on an edge of a lake that several others areas also front.

Twister:
This indoor special effects show recreates a tornado and is entered through an art deco building facade. The exit is through a soundstage-like building that matches the adjacent Production Central area.

Revenge of the Mummy:
Themed facades for a theater and a Museum of Antiquities mask a large attraction building that contains a thrilling combination dark ride and rollercoaster based on the Mummy movies.

Enjoy!