Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was at Wizarding World Last night

So last night I was fortunate enough to be amongst the first muggles to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and before I go any further I must say that overall its Awesome and fully exceeded my expectations. This is a re-cap of the things I experienced whilst there and my thoughts and opinions on the experiences offered. No cameras were allowed, but I did manage to sneak a few pictures on my phone.

First and foremost the large gate is back up on the main entrance from the Lost Continent they had security posted here checking for cameras on the way in. Once you get through the gate and see Hogsmeade stretched out in front of you with the Harry Potter score playing and the Hogwarts Express blowing steam it truly is a tug at your heartstrings moment, I can really only compare it to walking through the tunnel onto Main Street at the Magic Kingdom
    "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand"

Re: I was at Wizarding World Last night

As you walk through the entrance arch the Hogwarts Express is on your right and there is a conductor streetmosphere character there greeting all of the muggles to Hogsmeade. The building directly behind the train houses the new lockers for the Dragons Challenge (former Dueling Dragons) and the new entrance for the coasters is just beyond that which is a big change, but more on that later. First lets talk about Hogsmeade itself. To say that its perfect really doesn’t do it justice. Everything from the snow on the rooftops to the cobblestone streets to the various witches and wizards interacting with the guests just works so well, it truly feels like you walked into the movies. There seems to be no set time period within the books that the new land is based on. Case and point there are multiple Wanted Posters for Serious Black around Hogsmeade all of which move, just like in the movie which is awesome, but at the same time there is a stack of new Gilderoy Lockhart books in one of the shop windows which also all move and have him striking poses on the covers. Every single shop window has some sort of automation to it, whether it be instruments that move and play in the music shop, plants that move in the herbology shop or the little clown at Zonko’s everything seems alive!

The shops themselves are very tiny, but incredibly immersive. Inside Dervish and Bangs you will find broomsticks flying above you, the monster book of monsters in a cage snapping at you and more. Over in the Owl Post there is a one of the talking letter in the window describing how Owl Post Works. HoneyDukes has just about every kind of candy you can imagine including acid pops, bertie bots every flavor beans, Honeydukes best chocolate and more. Zonkos is pretty much the same with extendable ears, fanged frisbees and more. I didn’t make it into Olivanders because there was a line down the street, but it looked amazing and everyone who did said it was a really interactive experience.

The three broomsticks looks perfect and there are multiple levels if they need overflow seating. As previously discussed there is no Coke products at all, not even to mix drinks with at the Hogs Head. The hog animatronic is pretty cool, but not mind blowing. The Hogs Head will have the largest selection of beers in Islands of Adventure including many imports. They will mix all the drinks with juices and tonic, and they are not allowed to mix any alcohol with either Pumpkin Juice or Butter Beer period end of story, they were very adamant about that actually. Now if you were to say take a tall glass of ice cold pumpkin juice over to the Watering Hole in

While on that, Pumkin Juice is very sweet and taste similar to a spiced cider, and butter beer is extremely rich with a caramel apple spice type flavor and a foam that never seems to go away. The only thing I didn’t really love in Hogsmeade is a large snowman that’s in the back facing the castle, its just seemed fake looking and out of place for some reason. But honestly that’s my only complaint, the area with the castle in the background is as close to theme park perfection I have ever seen and really takes the bar to the next level.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

So cool....thank you for sharing this!

• Seasick

Sounds like it's living up to expectations. Thanks for sharing!
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Rides against injustice

Thank you for sharing!! i cant wait to check it out!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You realize you could've put all that into one big post instead of 5 little ones, right?

Sounds really awesome though. I can't wait to check it all out when I go in July.

• Disneymom

can you download pictures from your camera. I'd love to see them. It sounds so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    can you download pictures from your camera. I'd love to see them. It sounds so cool.
    There were security guards there checking that no one was bringing cameras in.

• Banned User

Wow, that sounds amazing. I'm considering booking a trip to Florida this fall - and for the first time, I'm not planning on staying in a Disney hotel. My focus is Wizarding World, so I'm hoping to find a decent hotel with reasonably-timed shuttle service to Universal AND Disney.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Thank you for sharing! Looking forward to checking it out the next time we are down there!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    Wow, that sounds amazing. I'm considering booking a trip to Florida this fall - and for the first time, I'm not planning on staying in a Disney hotel. My focus is Wizarding World, so I'm hoping to find a decent hotel with reasonably-timed shuttle service to Universal AND Disney.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!
    Staying onsite at Universal is great... take the water taxis to and from the park, not to mention the free front of the line access. Portofino Bay hotel is one of my favorite hotels anywhere.

• Banned User

you didn't happen to go on forbidden journey, did you? or is it not doing soft openings yet. Can't wait to go this June!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast