Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Characters are my friends

Re: Wizarding World Grand Opening Events

I was at the opening this morning. It was a ZOO! But it was fun
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Cars Land Rocks!

Harry Potter Crowds today from AP.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'm suprised by the crowds/crush... mainly because they had so many soft openings for the prior weeks. I would have thought those 'must see it' locals would have gotten in already. Unless this is the crowd that litterally booked a trip just for the opening. If that's the case... USO must be very happy.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

The crowds actually don't surprise me given the amount of people that have been anticipating this opening. I believe alot of people planned a trip there as soon as it opened. Scheduling the opening now as so many schools are just beginning summer vacation also didn't hurt the attendance.

Thanks for posting the videos and that great pic in the first post!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Wow! Great ceremonies for WWoHP! Simply amazing. by comparrison, the WoC opening was pathetic. And even when WDW MK re-opens it's re-imagineered Fantasyland, it's going to be an extreme challenge for Disney to get anywhere near as close as what Universal just did. HP looks to have broader appeal than what the new princessey Fantasyland will have.

This new area does so many things that were missing from Universal/IoA Orlando.

It's the first castle at any Universal Park (After so many decades, Universal finally takes what was Disney's centerpoint of DL, and transform it into something that works for them)

It's the first area at any Universal Park that has a permanant winter theme (takes the look of Blizzard Beach, the Matterhorn, Expedition Everest, and upgrades it into a look for a new Universal land)

It bring several interesting window fronts (trumps and/or matches the windows on main street)

It has a shop (Olivanders) with an interactive experience - (trumps the Magic Shop on Main Street, and even some of the interactive experiences that are in Toontown at DL)

And WWoHP's new attraction is getting higher marks than any other themed attraction in the history of themed attractions! It really doesn't look like WDW has anything of this caliber, not in the New Fantasyland at WDW's MK, not even DCA's Radiator Springs Racers appears to be of the same level of advanced technology that the magic of Harry Potter has at Universal.

So, Congratulations to Universal Orlando, after years and years of trying to get out from under the shadow of WDW, by building Universal Florida, expanding to a 2nd Park with Islands of Adventure, creating a spectacular attraction with Spiderman, and this year HP is finallly the major milestone that has numerous theme park fans saying that Universal is out performing Disney! That is no small accomplishment!

And as for the management at Disney and WDW, THEY really need to take a LONG unbiased LOOK at what they haven't been doing well enough to keep that top spot, and really start doing some magic, like they have never done before. Otherwise, Universal will soon become the crowned theme park champion in Orlando.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Wow! Great ceremonies for WWoHP! Simply amazing. by comparrison, the WoC opening was pathetic.
    I'm not sure that it's fair to compare the two. One is a whole land and the other is just a show.

But I will agree with you that WWoHP looks great an looks to be top quality. I am glad to see something of this high quality being created no matter which company does it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Well, WoC premiere was even pathetic for DL, look at what the did for TSMM, ToT had a tremendous Premiere, as did the re-opening of Space Mt. But WoC, two heads from Disney, Mickey, and that was about it. No Special extravagent Premiere only water fountain intro - It just fell flat on all levels.

Hogsmeade on a rainy Saturday night........simply magical.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Don't expect Disney to do anything like this for Star Tours. That's just one ride. This is a new land with a huge attraction.

Star Tours is not a complete re-do. Think of it more like a refresh of an existing attraction. C-3PO and R2-D2 will still be there in the queue to greet you. The motion simulator system is still exactly the same. It's just reprogrammed and plussed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12