Headed to Univeral Florida

Hey folks, my first trip in over 20 years to Florida next week and will be hitting up Disney and Universal while not at Celebration V.

I've been going to Disneyland the last few years (was actually there last friday) from Arkansas due to friends in Cali, but want to hit up the florida parks for a change.

My question to the community is this. At Universal, would it be worth it to get the "express pass" and park hopper tickets or just get single park tickets? i'm budgeting 2-3 days at universal so i have time to see everything, but wasn't sure if i'd want to go park to park or what and if i needed the express pass. I'll be with some friends one day, but by myself at least 1 of the days, and didn't know if i could get by just going through the single rider line or what.

Also, being a bigger guy, i'm guessing i wont'be able to ride forbidden journey, but if i want to just go through and see the queue, do i still have to wait in that huge line or is there a way to just walk through?

thanks

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Headed to Univeral Florida

I'd just do the day tickets since you're doing 2-3 days at Universal. You can easily see the Studios park in a day, no problem. Islands of Adventure may take a little longer if you want to spend a lot of time in Potterland. I'm still in awe of the detail. Plus many rides have single rider lines, which are a big help if you're hitting the parks solo.

And if you just want to go through Hogwarts castle to see the queue, you still have to wait in line. But they do have test seats outside the castle gates and another set of test seats just before the loading platform for people to try. Worst that could happen is you try them and don't fit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I agree 100% with Aimster. The problem with express pass, is that it kind of makes you blow through the attractions, and you end up missing the heart and soul of IOA which is the amazing detail and story telling.

The queues even for the lame rides are amazing (DR. Doom's Fearfall for instance... sure it is just a simple launch... but the queue is amazing, and pre-show is great).

IOA is a park where you truly have to let the story unfold as you explore it, and explore it slowly.

Do NOT just run through the Port of Entry. Take in the detail, take in the architecture, try to figure out how many times buildings have been built, rebuilt, and added to. Read the signage, laugh at the jokes. You will want to run from attraction to attraction, but you will have to force yourself to walk.

• jonyyeh

Quote Originally Posted by uubergeek View Post
    \

My question to the community is this. At Universal, would it be worth it to get the "express pass" and park hopper tickets or just get single park tickets? i'm budgeting 2-3 days at universal so i have time to see everything, but wasn't sure if i'd want to go park to park or what and if i needed the express pass. I'll be with some friends one day, but by myself at least 1 of the days, and didn't know if i could get by just going through the single rider line or what.
    I don't think the Express Pass is worth it. The lines aren't that bad if you know the right times to ride. Plus, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (the ride with the longest wait) doesn't use Express for now, and has a single rider line anyway. Besides, the queue is great to wait in because you get to absorb all of the themeing. At Universal Studios Florida, the longest wait is Rockit, and that's manageable too.