• jonyyeh

Universal Orlando Raises Ticket Prices and Changes Discounted Evening Parking

Well, Universal Orlando has raised its ticket prices to match Disney's.

Orlando Sentinel – Tourism Central Florida
    /universal-raises-ticket-prices.html

On the same day it reported its first attendance gain in more than two years (see below post), Universal Orlando also announced it is raising ticket prices.
    Universal said it is increasing the base price of a one-day, one-park pass to $82 matching a price increase announced earlier this week by Walt Disney World.
    The two-park resort, which is enjoying a surge in popularity with the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will also tack on an extra $5 to most of its multiday ticket options, including base tickets and park-to-park passes that include admission to both Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure on the same day. Online ticket prices, which are generally about $10 cheaper, will also rise.
    But Universal said it will not hike the price of one of its most popular ticket options: Two-day, park-to-park passes, which will remain priced at $145. And in a move that could help it make further inroads with locals, Universal will also leave prices for Florida-resident, online-only tickets unchanged.
    However that is not the most surprising thing to me. Those of us who go to Universal Orlando know that parking after 6 pm used to be $3. Now, parking after 7 pm is $3. My guess due to IOA's extended hours they knew that some were definitely taking advantage of the discounted parking to get 4 hours of IOA (or 3 hours of USF) done. Now, that will have to be a shorter timeframe.

Parking Information for Universal Orlando.

Daily parking fees per vehicle:
    • Regular Parking $14.00
      ($3.00 between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.*)
    • Preferred Parking $18.00
    • RV/Bus Parking $20.00
    • Valet $12.00 (under 2hrs)
    • Valet $22.00 (all day)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Universal Orlando Raises Ticket Prices and Changes Discounted Evening Parking

*facepalm*

Pretty soon I won't be able to afford to go to ANY theme park ANYWHERE.

Blog Entries

Re: Universal Orlando Raises Ticket Prices and Changes Discounted Evening Parking

I have to wonder at what point are ticket prices considered high enough? Will people start freaking once a one day ticket is 100 dollars?

Its already getting too expensive for me.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I have to wonder at what point are ticket prices considered high enough? Will people start freaking once a one day ticket is 100 dollars?

Its already getting too expensive for me.
    See my previous post. It's getting beyond ridiculous. Don't they know not everyone is filthy, stinking rich? Some people scrimp and save for years to be able to go on vacation and visit theme parks.