• Not a Crook

Exclamation Larger Guests Now Accommodated at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Potter ride tweaked for larger guests - Orlando Sentinel

I hate to admit it, but this news makes me happy, as there was a chance I would be unable to ride during my upcoming trip in October. Still plan on shedding those pounds, amusement park goal or no.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Larger Guests Now Accommodated at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Really? What did they do? Remove a seat? I'd like to know given the nature of the harness and seating arrangement. LOL

• Not a Crook

Re: Larger Guests Now Accommodated at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Really? What did they do? Remove a seat? I'd like to know given the nature of the harness and seating arrangement. LOL
    Banks Lee, the guy who made riding Potter his goal to lose weight, blogged about the details: Banks Lee & The Three Clicks: Fantastic News!.

To summarize, there are now two seats on some of the benches that provide slightly more room than the rest. The tester seats now tell you whether you will still not fit at all, fit in any seat, or will only fit in the XL seats, I guess you could call them. I know B&M roller coasters often design certain seats to be deeper to accommodate larger guests, so that might be how they pulled it off. It's also possible they adjusted the restraints to be slightly roomier. Same amount of seats on each bench as far as I can tell.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool