• Banned User

How are the Potter crowds these days?

So I'm planning to visit Universal and finally experience Wizarding World this winter, and was wondering about crowd conditions at the hottest new themed land in Orlando. Any recommendations for riding Forbidden Journey without waiting for hours? Any advice is welcome, thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: How are the Potter crowds these days?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    So I'm planning to visit Universal and finally experience Wizarding World this winter, and was wondering about crowd conditions at the hottest new themed land in Orlando. Any recommendations for riding Forbidden Journey without waiting for hours? Any advice is welcome, thanks!
    I was there today and FJ had a 75 min wait. It seems about 45 - 75 mins is standard. In my personal opinion, you WANT to wait an hour in line, because the queue is so amazing.

• Banned User

75 minutes, and that was on a Saturday? That's actually not bad. And I have heard about the great queue. Thanks, Eric.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Here is a pic from yesterday in front of hogwarts

here is the entrance to WWOHP

The attraction has amazing capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Here is a pic from yesterday in front of hogwarts

here is the entrance to WWOHP

We visited the Wizarding World last Monday and Tuesday in the lead-up to Thanksgiving.

Crowds were very heavy, similar to what you see in the photos above. There were lines just to get into the area and more long lines inside.

It's true, the Forbidden Journey has excellent, line-eating capacity. That's not true of the rest of the attractions, particularly Olivander's Wand Shop and even the Butterbeer carts. EVERY shop had a line except the one at the ride's exit.

If you want to truly enjoy the area, it would be best to avoid high traffic times such as Christmas - New Years. We heard the area was relatively quiet the week prior to our visit. Or stay at a Universal Resort for early entry. We did; that first hour was amazing. After that, it was a madhouse.

• Seasick

I was there on on September 27 and 29, and it looked like a ghost town compared to KingEric's pictures. If you can do it on a weekday, away from holiday times, do so.

Even then, we waited 70 minutes for Forbidden Journey on the 27th. On the 29th the wait time seemed to be closer to 20 minutes most of the day, go figure.

One piece of advice I'll give you is to ride it at the end of the day. As long as the wait times were on the 27th, we came back just before park closing and it was a walk-on.

If your strategy is to get there early, consider doing Olivanders' first thing. I'd rather wait 70 minutes in the spectacula Forbidden Journey queue than any length of time out in the dull chain-linked, slow-moving line for the wand show.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by PAL View Post
    If you want to truly enjoy the area, it would be best to avoid high traffic times such as Christmas - New Years. We heard the area was relatively quiet the week prior to our visit. Or stay at a Universal Resort for early entry. We did; that first hour was amazing. After that, it was a madhouse.
    Early entry is epic. When you have the WWOHP to yourself it is an incredible experience.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    If your strategy is to get there early, consider doing Olivanders' first thing. I'd rather wait 70 minutes in the spectacula Forbidden Journey queue than any length of time out in the dull chain-linked, slow-moving line for the wand show.
    I 1000% agree with you. run in, do Olivanders then spend an hour in the best attraction on earth.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

As long as it doesn't break down, like it did at least twice when I was there at the end of July. First time was an hour after park opening. Just as I got on the ride and we were taking off... *BOING!* It broke. I got to see the ENTIRE thing with the lights on, which was very cool because I never get stuck on rides like that (there are photos in a thread in this form... search for them). The ride was down for at least an hour.

Then later that day it broke down again!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    As long as it doesn't break down, like it did at least twice when I was there at the end of July. First time was an hour after park opening. Just as I got on the ride and we were taking off... *BOING!* It broke. I got to see the ENTIRE thing with the lights on, which was very cool because I never get stuck on rides like that (there are photos in a thread in this form... search for them). The ride was down for at least an hour.

Then later that day it broke down again!
    My experience is that they have gotten most of the bugs worked out. I have yet to have the ride "101" on me yet.

• Banned User

Can you rent a room at Universal hotel for just one or two nights and still get early entry? I hear those hotels are pretty expensive.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Can you rent a room at Universal hotel for just one or two nights and still get early entry? I hear those hotels are pretty expensive.
    You can get early entry if you are staying just 1 day. But you will also get unlimited Express for the day you check-in, and the day you check out. How epic is that?

• Functional & Decorative

The Hard Rock and Portofino are indeed quite expensive. But the Royal Pacific isn't too bad as far as price goes, and is where I usually stay. And it gets all the same benefits, since it is a resort hotel.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?