View Poll Results: How Would You Like To See The Potter-verse Incorporated Into USH?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • just build main ride (Forbidden Journey). Change theming of restaurants and shops.

2 25.00%
  • Replace City Walk and part of formal park.

1 12.50%
  • Replace plans to build 2,936 new homes and apartments with Wizarding World

4 50.00%
  • Buy up (and annex) properties surrounding park, and build Wizarding World.

1 12.50%
  • Tear down Hollywood or downtown Burbank. Build Harry Land there.

0 0%
  • Build Harry Land on multi-level parking lot-like structure.

0 0%
  • Just put Harry on a dinosaur, or have him battle the Terminator, the Mummy or King Kong.

1 12.50%
  • Create an original themeless themepark attraction instead.

0 0%
  • Other

1 12.50%
  • Potter can fall off his broom and crash and burn for all I care.

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

How Would You Like to See the Potter-verse Incorporated into Universal, Hollywood?

If Universal decides to bring Wizarding World of Harry Potter to USH, it seems to me that there are several options to pursue. It could just build the main ride (tearing down one or more existing attractions), and then change some of the resataurants and shaps to those at Orlando's wizarding World. The park could also replace City Walk and part of the formal park property with as much of Orlando's Wizard world as possibe. Perhaps the best plan would be to replace managements rediculuous vision of building 2,936 new homes and apartments with Wizarding World (see the link and the quote below).

NBC Universal Evolution

"According to USFs Evolution Plan, the new residential area would add 2936 new homes, apartments and 10 story complex buildings to areas currently housing several backlot sets: War of the Worlds, Wysteria Lane and the blue screen lake. There is concern over this last point as to how much impact all these new residents will have on the already horrible traffic in the area."
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: How Would You Like to See the Potter-verse Incorporated into Universal, Hollywood

^city Walk is staying no matter what, in fact they want to add to it.

As for a potter land, really they COULD redo the whole T2 Area (and the parking garage below it) and add a castle there, they could redo all the England area to be Potter themed and remove Mel's Dinner and replace it with a new Restaurant. But that's if they want to go BIG they could always just redo the Flintstones/Mexico/super Hero store area as a place to shop, a small show and a new restaurant. They could have the second choice done by 2013 if they wanted and it would be cheaper but not bring as many people in.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: How Would You Like to See the Potter-verse Incorporated into Universal, Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^city Walk is staying no matter what, in fact they want to add to it.

As for a potter land, really they COULD redo the whole T2 Area (and the parking garage below it) and add a castle there, they could redo all the England area to be Potter themed and remove Mel's Dinner and replace it with a new Restaurant. But that's if they want to go BIG they could always just redo the Flintstones/Mexico/super Hero store area as a place to shop, a small show and a new restaurant. They could have the second choice done by 2013 if they wanted and it would be cheaper but not bring as many people in.
    Exceptionally good idea, JDR. Replacing T2 and the parking lot below would create lot's of space. Forbidden Journey could be built there. A new parking lot could be built elsewhere - even if it means building one further underground, or cutting a deal with some of the nearby hotels to turn their parking facilities into multi-level ones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I still vote. Hollywood can have Lord of the Rings. Orlando keeps Harry Potter. Give people a reason to visit both coasts. NO CLONING!

To quote myself:

Duplicate Wizarding World of Harry Potter? No... I'd much rather see USH get their OWN version, that would compliment the East Coast version rather than draw visitors from it. Of course it should include the castle along with an alternate version of Forbidden Journey (similar story, same ride vehicle, but different scenes. But aside from Forbidden Journey, I think the ride land should start, as Sir Clinksalot said, across from the Horror House, near the Blue Brothers, making that area at the end of "Main Street" almost a hub for Uni. The New York streets would then blend into London, before guests pass under a brick arch next to the "Leaky Cauldron" into Diagon Alley. Like Hogsmede, Diagon Alley would include lots of shops, including "Weasly Bros. Jokes," "Olivanders," "Flurish and Blotts," and "Honeydukes;" restaurants including the "Leaky Cauldron;" and a great deal of store fronts. At the end, of course, would be Gringotts, a walk through like Sleeping Beauty's Castle at DLP with a fire breathing dragon from book 7

Of course, to the left of Gringotts, at the end of Diagon Alley, guests would find the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4. The way scaled-down Kings Cross would just be devoted to the Hogwarts Express, which would take guests through the English country side, into a sound stage with a King Kong 360 type show scene (not sure exactly what would happen). Of course, the Express would drop guests off in front of the grand Hogwarts Castle, slightly altered from the WDW version with a small lake and bridge, at Hogsmede Station (but no Hogsmede).

Here's a plan I based of Sir Clinksalot idea:
    Scribble Maps - Draw on google maps with scribblings and more!

For reference: the big white circle between the first and second escalators would be the new tram loading. After going down the reaching the first landing, another escalator would lead down in between the two track splits--the new Tram would have a duel loading to maximise capacity ala Small World or Thunder Mountain. The teal is the new route.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter West is pretty straightforward--the white is the path, and the red are the shops of Diagon Alley; the building with the teal dot at the junction is Gringotts, and the black building to its left is the Hogwarts Expresss Station, built into the side of the Forbidden Journey show building. The train would travel counter-clockwise through some foliage and over service roads before entering a disguised show building with some sort of scene on the 360 screen possibly simulating an express journey. The train would emerge in a hilly landscape before Hogwarts (purple) comes into view. The train would drop of at a rather simple Hogsmede station overlooking the lake in front of Hogwarts, which sits on top of a rock cliff face that would also block the show building (brown). To get back to Diagon Alley guests would have to take the tain back through a shorter ride.

This is a very rough plan, but as you can see, a Harry Potter West could easily compliment rather than be blatantly worse or better than the East version. If anything like this is being considered, Disney just has one more thing to worry about.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I still vote. Hollywood can have Lord of the Rings. Orlando keeps Harry Potter. Give people a reason to visit both coasts. NO CLONING!
    You may well be on to something here, KingEric. Lord of the Rings would lend itself to some awesome Middle Earth attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    To quote myself:

Duplicate Wizarding World of Harry Potter? No... I'd much rather see USH get their OWN version, that would compliment the East Coast version rather than draw visitors from it. Of course it should include the castle along with an alternate version of Forbidden Journey (similar story, same ride vehicle, but different scenes. But aside from Forbidden Journey, I think the ride land should start, as Sir Clinksalot said, across from the Horror House, near the Blue Brothers, making that area at the end of "Main Street" almost a hub for Uni. The New York streets would then blend into London, before guests pass under a brick arch next to the "Leaky Cauldron" into Diagon Alley. Like Hogsmede, Diagon Alley would include lots of shops, including "Weasly Bros. Jokes," "Olivanders," "Flurish and Blotts," and "Honeydukes;" restaurants including the "Leaky Cauldron;" and a great deal of store fronts. At the end, of course, would be Gringotts, a walk through like Sleeping Beauty's Castle at DLP with a fire breathing dragon from book 7

Of course, to the left of Gringotts, at the end of Diagon Alley, guests would find the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4. The way scaled-down Kings Cross would just be devoted to the Hogwarts Express, which would take guests through the English country side, into a sound stage with a King Kong 360 type show scene (not sure exactly what would happen). Of course, the Express would drop guests off in front of the grand Hogwarts Castle, slightly altered from the WDW version with a small lake and bridge, at Hogsmede Station (but no Hogsmede).

Here's a plan I based of Sir Clinksalot idea:
    Scribble Maps - Draw on google maps with scribblings and more!

For reference: the big white circle between the first and second escalators would be the new tram loading. After going down the reaching the first landing, another escalator would lead down in between the two track splits--the new Tram would have a duel loading to maximise capacity ala Small World or Thunder Mountain. The teal is the new route.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter West is pretty straightforward--the white is the path, and the red are the shops of Diagon Alley; the building with the teal dot at the junction is Gringotts, and the black building to its left is the Hogwarts Expresss Station, built into the side of the Forbidden Journey show building. The train would travel counter-clockwise through some foliage and over service roads before entering a disguised show building with some sort of scene on the 360 screen possibly simulating an express journey. The train would emerge in a hilly landscape before Hogwarts (purple) comes into view. The train would drop of at a rather simple Hogsmede station overlooking the lake in front of Hogwarts, which sits on top of a rock cliff face that would also block the show building (brown). To get back to Diagon Alley guests would have to take the tain back through a shorter ride.

This is a very rough plan, but as you can see, a Harry Potter West could easily compliment rather than be blatantly worse or better than the East version. If anything like this is being considered, Disney just has one more thing to worry about.
    Some great ideas here, MactheMan. Your detailed descriptions mak your idea of original Potter attractions all the more exciting. Direct copying would not create the same magical profits at USH.

• Banned User

I say NO! Keep Potter on the East Coast and put in a kick-butt Lord of the Rings ride using Pandorra's Box or something. To use all of that space over at Gibson and WW for one ride would be a waste since we could have two brand-new rides that Orlando doesn't have but instead get a clone and a bunch of stinkin' shops. Orlando has to have some reason besides the Studio Tour and Transformers to see USH. I say no Potter whatsoever at USH. Let's have something fresh, original, and something Orlando doesn't have! I mean, there's other things that could be considered that would be awesome. A trackless interactive Ghostbusters dark ride that was originally planned for Dubai until it got canceled. That would be prefect where Water World is. Plus, like King Eric said, LotR could be an awesome addition as well.

Another thing to consider is that the last film of the Potter series comes out next year. To build Potter-verse in Hollywood would be a bad idea fiscally, IMO. They won't even finish it and open it until, what? 2014 or 13 if they started building um, tomorrow? By then the whole Harry Potter hype will have died down.

However, I would choose Potter over condos any day!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^see the thing is LOTR is not a a draw as Potter, yes the movies are done (for now) if they redid the T2 Area (and the parking structure below it) it would be worth it over a big LOTR ride, they want money not to be original and like I said before I want to go to USO but dont have the money to go, so bring the Potterland to me.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^see the thing is LOTR is not a a draw as Potter, yes the movies are done (for now) if they redid the T2 Area (and the parking structure below it) it would be worth it over a big LOTR ride, they want money not to be original and like I said before I want to go to USO but dont have the money to go, so bring the Potterland to me.
    Well, I've been in the same boat as you, JerrodDragon, and haven't ever been financially able to travel to any of the Florida parks...let alone Wizarding World. So, there is something to be said for cloning the hit east coast attractions here in California. However, I feel the Universal creatives (many of them former disney Imagineers) are perfectly capable of creating a ride technologically similar to (if not upgraded) Forbidden Journey...and with a completey different cool story. They could make every other component of a California Wizarding World unique and possibly even better.

My personal belief is to never let my economic status place a limit on the quality of my dreams.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    I say NO! Keep Potter on the East Coast and put in a kick-butt Lord of the Rings ride using Pandorra's Box or something. To use all of that space over at Gibson and WW for one ride would be a waste since we could have two brand-new rides that Orlando doesn't have but instead get a clone and a bunch of stinkin' shops. Orlando has to have some reason besides the Studio Tour and Transformers to see USH. I say no Potter whatsoever at USH. Let's have something fresh, original, and something Orlando doesn't have! I mean, there's other things that could be considered that would be awesome. A trackless interactive Ghostbusters dark ride that was originally planned for Dubai until it got canceled. That would be prefect where Water World is. Plus, like King Eric said, LotR could be an awesome addition as well.

Another thing to consider is that the last film of the Potter series comes out next year. To build Potter-verse in Hollywood would be a bad idea fiscally, IMO. They won't even finish it and open it until, what? 2014 or 13 if they started building um, tomorrow? By then the whole Harry Potter hype will have died down.

However, I would choose Potter over condos any day!
    it makes no difference to me whether we get Potter or Frodo. I'm just happy that we have a humongous ride to look forward to.

Because you're such a terrific person, Freakazoid, I'll keep my fingers crosed that we get a Lord of the Rings E-Ticket at some point in the future. Next time I'm at the park, I'll mention to USH management that they've needed to get a Lord of the Rings headliner for some time. It's way overdue...just like my video rentals and library books.