• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Triceratops encounter review & Wizarding World of Harry Potter Holiday Crowds at IOA

Ok so I was finally able to go to IOA an experience the newly reopened Triceratops Discovery Trail!

Ok so let me just say! UNIVERSAL FOR THE WIN!!!!!! This attraction is something the whole family can enjoy. I think an adorable 5 year old boy said it best when we were exiting "THAT WAS AWESOME"

For those of you who haven't experienced this attraction, this is a nice quiet reprieve from a day of massive E-Tickets.

You enter by the Jurassic Park Discovery Center, and walk down a lovely trail. They currently have you entering and exiting through the old exit. You get to meet 1 of 3 life sized, animatronic Triceratops Dinosaurs. They move, they make noises, they rear up, they sneeze, the seem to interact. The Universal Team members are 100% part of the show, and treat the animatronics like real animals.

Really this attraction opening up helps complete Jurassic Park, and Islands of Adventure.

Now some good/bad news. The word on the street is that come the New Year this attraction is going to close again. Now this will either be good or bad. If the guest feedback is good (which from my limited experience it was) they are going to make more enhancements, beef up the full queue and improve upon the original "show" or they will keep this attraction, and it will be regulated to peak seasons only.

Ok NOW about the crowds today. We will file this under "be careful what you wish for" lol I have long wanted Islands of Adventure to recieve the crowds, love and attention I feel it deserves. Well the first Christmas with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is doing just that. The lines to access WWoHP are back, and they had to cut off the lines numerous times today, and at 6pm they capped off the line for the evening with the park closing at 10 pm. I am going to write another post about how to enjoy universal this holiday. Kind of a quick how to do it all.

That all being said. My hat off to Universal, their crowd management, the reopening of a gem of an attraction, and a great holiday celebration! Keep it up!

• Jack's Posse

Re: Triceratops encounter review & Wizarding World of Harry Potter Holiday Crowds at

They seriously brought back the Tricerotops Encounter????
    Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Triceratops encounter review & Wizarding World of Harry Potter Holiday Crowds at

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    They seriously brought back the Tricerotops Encounter????
    Wow!
    I know I was floored. Before they secured the rights to HP it looked like they were going to tear it down.

Then when I caught wind that it would be reopening, I was thrilled. But I hope this ends up being more than just a seasonal attraction. I really do. It adds so much to the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

So here are some images from last night. Sorry not Triceratops photos as my phone died. But the lines for WWoHP... WOWZERS!