Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A quick guide to survive the Holidays at Islands of Adventure with Harry Potter

Hmmm....not sure I completely follow. I understand about large packages and such, but are you required to put *any* bag in a locker? I usually carry a very small cinch bag that I just keep a few things in--two water bottles, sunglasses, a mini-container of sunscreen. At Disney, this easily fits in the little holders at each seat or I sometimes just put it around my chest instead of my back (such as on Splash Mountain). Would this be possible to carry without using a locker?

Thanks much!

Brer Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitys Ghost View Post
    Another couple of things that may help - If you are comfortable paring down what you carry with you into the parks, that may save a lot of time, allowing you to bypass some if not all of the lockers on the thrill rides that require use of them (for items like purses, backpacks, bags o' merchandise). As a local I've done that, whittling down to the essentials from my purse, which I switch over into pockets on a pair of cargo pants. I also forgo a thicker jacket on cooler days and aim for a thick, zip up hoodie, and I carry cotton balls for my ears (to avoid any possibility of earache or related illness).

Something else to be aware of is specifically at Forbidden Journey - the line on the right is for folks aiming for lockers. They have a line on the left that should always be open for "non bag folk", but it isn't always mentioned by TM's. Definitely ask about it, and they'll direct you to a door at the front left of the main entrance. From there, you can go to the main queue, or if it's open, the single rider queue. (Note: I think most of the other thrill rides at Universal have clearly marked queues for this, but in case they don't it's always good to ask a Team Member.)

Any folks heading to the parks...I hope you have fun, exercise a bit of patience getting around, and remember, it's the holidays. Enjoy!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: A quick guide to survive the Holidays at Islands of Adventure with Harry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Hmmm....not sure I completely follow. I understand about large packages and such, but are you required to put *any* bag in a locker? I usually carry a very small cinch bag that I just keep a few things in--two water bottles, sunglasses, a mini-container of sunscreen. At Disney, this easily fits in the little holders at each seat or I sometimes just put it around my chest instead of my back (such as on Splash Mountain). Would this be possible to carry without using a locker?

Thanks much!

Brer Dan
    You cannot bring ANY bag on the following rides at IOA and USF
    USF:
    Revenge of the Mummy
    Men in Black
    Rip it Ride it Rock it

IOA:
    Incredible Hulk
    Forbidden Journey
    Dragon Challenge

Basically the rule is, if it can't fit in your pocket you can't take it on. It is enough of a hassle that I take a hard line when visiting the parks with other people. If you plan on riding everything you don't bring a bag.

However if the expectation is set, that before you ride those rides, you are going to stroll over to the lockers, lock it up, then get in line, wait, ride, the go back and retrieve it, it also isn't that bad. The lockers are free for the duration of the line and ride.

Thanks, Eric--that really helps! Looks like I'll be skipping the bag this time around. Hopefully I can convince the Mother-In-Law to do the same

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    Thanks, Eric--that really helps! Looks like I'll be skipping the bag this time around. Hopefully I can convince the Mother-In-Law to do the same
    but like I said before if you set the expectation, it isn't that bad.

Very true! I used to carry a water bottle and sunscreen in my pockets anyway....and it will likely be jacket season, so there are pockets!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12