• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Universal Holiday Update: Islands of Adventure 12/22 with Harry Potter - PHOTO HEAVY

Ok so the other day I did a text update of IOA, but I headed over to UO today, and decided to do a photo update of the Holiday Celebrations, and show some of the crowds. IOA was firing on all cylinders today, and had the crowds well controlled, all rides operating, and almost every Team Member I spotted was happy.

Now on with the show...

It was a BEAUTIFUL Florida day! If you haven't spent a Christmas in Central Florida, plan one. It is a really awesome experience that you should do once in your life!

I took a picture of all the wait times, and these were a little off. Notice the wait times for the rides inside the WWoHP. All pretty low (though FJ was 75 not 30) so all in all they really need to expand the walking space, not even add any attractions yet.

They had this fun "Toon Party" going on, where kids and adults could dance with fur characters.

Everyone seemed to be having a great time!

Over in toon lagoon they were handing out the reservation slip aka FastPass to come back later. I took this picture at 4:00 and the return time was 6:10. Pretty reasonable in my mind if you ask me considering how short the other lines in the park are.

A sign directing you where to queue for the stand by line.

All roped off to control exiting, and entering traffic into WWoHP

This is the Standby line for those people who want the pleasure of just waiting! What is that only 60 mins?

Oh you weren't fast enough now it is 90... as I was there it kept going up! Had these people read my Quick Guide to Surviving the Holiday Crowds at IOA they could have avoided this!

A photo of the standby queue

HUGE KUDOS to UO for putting live music in the queue to help keep people entertained!

As you walk across the "blowout" bridge Hogwarts mocks you... you wish you could enter... but you can't... sigh... I love being an Annual Pass Holder... in 2 weeks you will be mine FJ!

I hear the splash and the roar of the Hulk.. it is calling me.

A sign in the Lost Continent directing you towards the "Blowout" bridge.

The very affordable and accessible menu at Mythos for anyone who was unsure of their offerings.

I love this PARK!

So there is the photo update. It was a PERFECT Florida day! Check out my Universal Studios update for some GRRREAT photos of the Macy's Holiday Parade!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Universal Holiday Update: Islands of Adventure 12/22 with Harry Potter - PHOTO HE

I had lunch at Confisco Grille when I was at IOA back in July. Only had to wait 5 minutes for a table. Tried the soup & half sandwich combo and it was great! I highly recommend the potato leek soup! YUM!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Universal Holiday Update: Islands of Adventure 12/22 with Harry Potter - PHOTO HE

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I had lunch at Confisco Grille when I was at IOA back in July. Only had to wait 5 minutes for a table. Tried the soup & half sandwich combo and it was great! I highly recommend the potato leek soup! YUM!
    you know what is funny, I have yet to eat at Confisco. I have wanted to do Breakfast with Spiderman there... sigh

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

here are some short videos of the entertainment I got