• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Islands of Adventure update 1/2/11 Fire, Crowds, Characters and details - PHOTO HEAVY

So on January 1st, we were all alarmed when we heard about a fire over at Islands of Adventure. While fires are pretty common at Theme parks rarely do they get noticed by the general public. For news coverage and video check out Islands Of Adventure Ride Evacuated After Fire - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

So let's first look at the crowds for today, lots of people, lots to do, but the lines to get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter are now gone, along with the massive crowds.

So as you can see, still long waits, but not as long as just a few days before.

Now I ran back to get photos of Dudley' Do Right's Rip Saw Falls which closed due to a currently unknown fire, which burned the roof, and caused a lot of black smoke. As you will see they have completely drained the ride, and it looks like it will be down for a while.

Universal Team Members restricting access to the ride, providing assistance, and alternate attraction solutions.

Kind of neat to see this area drained, but sad all the same that the fire happened.

After this I decided to get some fun Toon Lagoon photos of some of the Characters and details you can find there.

Betty Boop

Popey and Olive

So really it was business as usual, and the fire caused no delays or major issues. I hope you enjoyed my little update.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Islands of Adventure update 1/2/11 Fire, Crowds, Characters and details - PHOTO H

Fire at Universal Orlando: Ripsaw Falls water ride to remain closed for several weeks after fire caused evacuation - OrlandoSentinel.com

Universal just announced that they are going to keep it closed for the next few weeks while they perform seasonal maint on it now.

•   

Blog Entries

Re: Islands of Adventure update 1/2/11 Fire, Crowds, Characters and details - PHOTO H

Great Report .. Thanks ..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

my pleasure

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you so much for the pictures and coverage Eric!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Thanks Dusty! I am trying to get every dollar out of my Premier Annual Pass lol