• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Islands of Adventure Update: Triceratops Discovery Trail Closed 01/09/11 - PHOTOS

Yesterday while I was getting myself a butter beer, and checking out Ripsaw Falls http://micechat.com/forums/universal...1-09-11-a.html I decided to check out and see if the Jurassic Park Triceratops Discovery Trail was still open. Sadly, like I said on here before, it had closed down after the holiday crush. However, from what I have heard on the street is that Guest Communications department is going through all the feedback, surveys, and comments to help in the reevaluation of this attraction. Now before you get a sad face, don't fret, right now the attraction has a future similar to a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book, so let's look at a few options, then I will speculate on what I personally think is going to happen.

1. It never reopens.
    2. It opens only for June, July, and December
    3. It gets retooled and is open every month minus January, February, May, September
    4. It gets retooled and is open year round.

Personally I think it is going to be option 3. From what I have heard so far is that feedback was mostly positive, and that some powers that be want to see this attraction be a little bit more of a WOW.

So here are some images show how they have now closed it off.

Temporary plants are back out there on the exit

The name plate isn't back for the bones, just a temporary cover

Temporary Plants hiding the entrance

Universal had 2 team members out there with the Baby Triceratops so that guests could interact. They had 1 handler and 1 scientist. Talk about good show for off season.

Re: Islands of Adventure Update: Triceratops Discovery Trail Closed 01/09/11 - PHOTOS

I'm sad to hear that it's closed--I was hoping to explore it when I visit next week! That said, if I get to see the baby Triceratops, I'll be happy!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Islands of Adventure Update: Triceratops Discovery Trail Closed 01/09/11 - PHOTOS

Quote Originally Posted by BrerDan View Post
    I'm sad to hear that it's closed--I was hoping to explore it when I visit next week! That said, if I get to see the baby Triceratops, I'll be happy!
    Also make sure you see an egg hatch at the Discovery Center on the bottom floor!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

its really to bad they are closing in it the offseason , I mean really how much does it really cost to operate its a nice little attraction that gets you away from the crowds

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    its really to bad they are closing in it the offseason , I mean really how much does it really cost to operate its a nice little attraction that gets you away from the crowds
    I do agree. But I hope the show gets plussed.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Also make sure you see an egg hatch at the Discovery Center on the bottom floor!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

My pleasure! But you really will have so much fun, and if you need an unofficial tour guide... ;-)

I'm sure we could!

Just got word the "mother-in-law" has leg problems and may not be able to go after all..... We had planned on two days with her--now I will just squeeze in one the two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    My pleasure! But you really will have so much fun, and if you need an unofficial tour guide... ;-)