• AKA: Indyiluvu

Park Hopper or just Islands of Adventure?

I have only been to FL once and only visited Disneyworld while there. This March I will be back in FL and I am interested in seeing Harry Potter and will have time to spend one day at Universal. Having never been to either park, is there enough to see at IOA in one day, or should I upgrade to the Park Hopper Ticket to go to USO also? Or is it too much to see in one day? Which park is considered to be the better park? Anything major will I miss if I skip USO and only go to IOA?

Thanks
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

Re: Park Hopper or just Islands of Adventure?

Both parks have a descent amount of stuff to do. Islands would be good for the whole day, but certainly not to the point to where there's too much to do. I think both parks have enough spending the day there, IMO. Not a FULL day (like from opening to really late) but from morning to late afternoon. Since Islands has two of the best rides on the planet (Spiderman and Potter), that would be my vote for the best park and the one park I'd visit if I had to choose between the two.

As for the Studios, that park is awesome as well. They have the best indoor coaster on the planet (in terms of theme), the best shoot-em-up dark ride on the planet, and the best 3D show on the planet (T2:3D).

In short, if you can do both, but if you have to choose between the two, go for Islands. BTW, if you go to Islands, be sure to try the Butter Beer. It's mighty good stuff.

My advise is to buy a line cutter and Do two parks in 1 day. It's a great way to do a TON of attractions in a very short amount of time. Besides Harry Potter land Universal Studios doesn't have a lot of theaming. But they have GREAT rides. I would never recommend running and doing only rides at a Disney park (minus DCA)... but Universal is Different.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Thanks for the help! How much time does the line cutter save? Is it similar to fast pass where you skip the majority of the lines or do you go straight to the front? Any advice on seeing Harry Potter? Also I have not been to USH since 1985 so the rides they have on both coasts will still all be new to me.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    Besides Harry Potter land Universal Studios doesn't have a lot of theaming. But they have GREAT rides. I would never recommend running and doing only rides at a Disney park (minus DCA)... but Universal is Different.
    I 100% DISAGREE.

There is tons of great theming with wonderful areas to stroll. If I ran the Zoo, Sneech Beach, Camp Jurassic, Me Ship the Olive, just wonderful places to stroll and get lost. If you run from Attraction to attraction you will miss out on the wonderful charm of this park!

DO NOT run from attraction to attraction. If you do you won't really like this park.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by Homan View Post
    My advise is to buy a line cutter and Do two parks in 1 day. It's a great way to do a TON of attractions in a very short amount of time. Besides Harry Potter land Universal Studios doesn't have a lot of theaming. But they have GREAT rides. I would never recommend running and doing only rides at a Disney park (minus DCA)... but Universal is Different.
    Uhhm... Harry Potter isn't even in Universal Studios. And it has just as much theming as any other studio park. I hope you weren't mistakenly referring to IOA, as it's one of the best themed parks in existence. You must have been wearing blinders as you ran from ride to ride (which I do NOT recommend doing.)

Both parks deserve their own day to explore, but you can hit all the major rides in one day if you really must (or if you're familiar with the parks.)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Go to both if you can get to the parks when they open....when I went I did all the rides and shows the IOA before 5 (went on Spiderman 3 times, the rest of the rides once)
    Also might be a smart idea to get the front of the line pass for IOA because of Potter's line.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Go to both if you can get to the parks when they open....when I went I did all the rides and shows the IOA before 5 (went on Spiderman 3 times, the rest of the rides once)
    Also might be a smart idea to get the front of the line pass for IOA because of Potter's line.
    But remember, these front of the lines passes will NOT be valid for the Harry Potter dark ride. This is the ride to do first thing in the morning and I would recommend getting to IOA as early as possible before that park is open. Once you get that ride out of the way the rest of the rides you can enjoy in the park without much trouble but buying a front of the line pass will make it even better cuz that way you can get done early and use the rest of the day to check out USO. It's a lot to pay for but if you want to get your Universal fix all in one day, it's quite worth it.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Express is also not (currently) valid for Rockit, if you go to USF.