• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Characters Galore!!! Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - PHOTO HEAVY

So yesterday I popped over to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios to do an update, and I have to ask the question... did the in park entertainment budget get increased? Because in EVERY area of the parks they had characters. I sadly didn't get pictures of everyone, but you literally turned a corner and there was a character.

This little shrimp was outside Bubba Gumps... kind of set the tone for the day.

Line to meet the Cat in the Hat

No line for the Grinch

Huge line for Thing 1 and Thing 2

Cyclops

Captain America was tres popular

Wolverine

Beetlejuice was out and about

This was the tip of the iceberg with Lucy, Marlyin Monroe, Betty Boop, Popey, Olive Oyl, Shrek, Finona, Madagascar, Woody Woodpecker, Scooby and Shaggy, Jurassic Park Scientists with baby Triceratops, Doc Brown, the Stilt people... There were just characters EVERYWHERE! It was pretty amazing. It was the first time I felt the street atmosphere was equal to a Disney park.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Characters Galore!!! Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - PHOTO HEAVY

They still got Doc Brown out and about even though his ride is long gone? Odd.

I'd love to get a photo with Lucy. I'm a huge Lucy fan.

I got my pic with Shaggy & Scooby a couple years ago. They were a riot and Shaggy was fascinated with Wonderpup.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Characters Galore!!! Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - PHOTO HEAVY

Remember, too, it might be a lighter crowd--so the same number of characters might mean that with less people=more visability.

Just a thought. Still need to get over there, tho.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    They still got Doc Brown out and about even though his ride is long gone? Odd.
    Not really. Disney has plenty of characters with no attractions of their own. At least he still has the Delorean and Time Train to pose with.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post
    Remember, too, it might be a lighter crowd--so the same number of characters might mean that with less people=more visability.

Just a thought. Still need to get over there, tho.

Peace,
    Roo
    I am at the parks all the time. And while these characters aren't "new" what is new, is all of them being out at the same time on the same day.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by