• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Cool Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey Lights On!!!!

WARNING this video shows the whole ride with the lights on...it may ruin the magic for some!!!

Anyway for the rest of you a very interesting look at the ride with the Lights ON!!!!! Enjoy

YouTube - Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey - Technical Difficulties

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey Lights On!!!!

booo to magic ruining. I love not knowing.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

^Then don't read things with titles like "OMG LIGHTS ON VIDEO!!!!1111!!!"

Neat video though. I really do enjoy that ride.

• Seasick

Neat video. It doesn't ruin anything for me, it's not I actually thought I was flying when on the ride, or whatever.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• certified llama of love

With the lights on I feel like J.K Rowling had a nightmare in a Ford plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    drphibes is high on technicolor all the time and refuses to keep his colors in the pants.

What I find interesting, is that other people have had the same experience as myself. I was there in November, and rode it 4 times in a row first thing in the morning. And it broken down three out of the four. Never to the degree of them turning on the lights, but we were there in our position dangling over one of those circle screens for at least fifteen mins one of the times before it ramped back up again.

But my point and question is, does this happen on the rare occasion, or all the time? And if so, is it because we've pushed technology just a little too far?

When I rode it last October, th ride ran flawlessly the entire day I was there. Its never broke down (at least with me on it or to where they told guests)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I have literally ridden this ride near 100 times so far since July, and it has never broken down when I have ridden it. Only once did it break down while I was in line, but i was in the picture room, so it was pretty awesome being "stuck" with all the talking paintings.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

The technology isn't too advanced to function properly. New rides, especially highly advanced ones, break down. It's just what they do.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

First time I ever rode it in July, it broke down just as it started, so I got to see the whole thing with the lights on from the get-go. It didn't ruin the "magic" for me at all. I personally LIVE for this kind of stuff as I practically never get stuck on rides like that. I luckily had my iPhone in my pocket, so I was happily snapping photos and have a grand 'ole time. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Went back later and got to experience the ride normally and it made me like it even more knowing how it all works. Fascinating ride technology to be sure!

I was going to ride it again before I left the park for the night, but... it had broken down again. It broke down maybe 3 times that day. Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    What I find interesting, is that other people have had the same experience as myself. I was there in November, and rode it 4 times in a row first thing in the morning. And it broken down three out of the four. Never to the degree of them turning on the lights, but we were there in our position dangling over one of those circle screens for at least fifteen mins one of the times before it ramped back up again.

But my point and question is, does this happen on the rare occasion, or all the time? And if so, is it because we've pushed technology just a little too far?
    The way the ride operates is very similar to Haunted Mansion. All they have is Ride Stop. This is because a Station Stop would only stop the vehicles in the station, therefore screwing up the vehicle spacing in the ride. Its just so much easier to reset a Ride Stop. Most of the Ride Stops are a result of people not loading/unloading in time.

Also, the last person to check you're restraints has an electromagnetic key in their hand. After they check you're restraints, They "tag" the vehicle by holding it next to a sensor on the bench, causing two green lights to illuminate on the bench. This basically tells the vehicle it has been secured and is clear to advance past the load area. Sometimes the vehicles don't tag correctly, so when it gets to the end of the load belt, it causes a Ride Stop.

In any of these situations, if the delay is going to take more than a minute, they will turn the lights on.

For the most part, the ride is very reliable, and rarely Ride Stops for tech problems.