Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: RUMOR: Wizarding World AA Dragons. IDEA: Potter Creatures Could Replace Jurasic

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    NOTHING could be better for Disney World than a HUGELY successful Universal Studios just down the road. Why? Competition! One need only look at WDW and its totally stale and often broken parks and attractions to see that they are coasting by on their reputation rather than actually delivering on it.

But Harry Potter has changed all that. We could very well see Disney completely change that attitude, but only if they sense that the competition might take a slice out of their business.

There are so many wonderful proposals for WDW. But, the chances are slim that you'll see many of the good ones unless Universal's success continues and the crowds keep demanding more butter beer.

There is no doubt that Universal wants to rapidly expand upon the success of Wizarding World, and that will likely drive Universal Orlando's profits even higher and cut even deeper into WDW.

The notion that Universal's success would help all the other parks in Orlando just isn't happening. Universal is way up and Disney World is slightly down. Folks ARE pealing a day or two off of their Disney trips to visit Universal and Universal hotels (and hotels near by) are PACKED compared to their WDW counterparts. That will continue and get worse as Universal ratchets things up . . . . unless Disney starts to take the Universal threat seriously and launches a massive counter attack.

Things in Orlando are about to get very interesting.

WDW has not only fallen behind on maintenance of it's rides. It has also not followed thru on various elaborate plans that it had leaked - such as Beastly Kingdom and updating EPCOT with a complete make-over. Instead,WDW management (too frequently) seem to eye what Disneyland has decided to invest in, and push for a clone,i.e., Soaring Over California, The Little Mermaid:Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

As individuals a families only have so much time and money to spend on vacations, I wholeheartedly agree with you that part or all of their time will be given to theresort that has the newest and most happening attractions (at the expense of the other). WDW needs to wake up, and fast.

The Fantasyland expansion looks like all kinds of fun...but it's still not going to come close to being the equivalent of Wizarding World. It's a good thing that Iger and others decided to make the Fantasyland expansion more male centric. The swiveling mine car train looks like a highly unique blast! Thanks for producing your recent thread on the subject.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-01-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: RUMOR: Wizarding World AA Dragons. IDEA: Potter Creatures Could Replace Jurasic

I haven't heard of this rumor before. It sounds like wishful thinking.

The real rumor is Harry Potter will take over the Lost Continent section. This may actually be a better fit.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I haven't heard of this rumor before. It sounds like wishful thinking.

The real rumor is Harry Potter will take over the Lost Continent section. This may actually be a better fit.
    That would be more likely than getting rid of Jurassic Park which is a fully owned Universal property and a well known film in pop culture. I doubt Universal would let that slip out of their hands should Harry Potter expand. In that case, we can expect all of Lost Continent to be history in a matter of years.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That would be more likely than getting rid of Jurassic Park which is a fully owned Universal property and a well known film in pop culture. I doubt Universal would let that slip out of their hands should Harry Potter expand. In that case, we can expect all of Lost Continent to be history in a matter of years.
    The Lost Continent will be completely converted over to Wizarding World within the next couple of years - likely starting soon. I don't know if Jurasic park will be converted or not. However, i agree with Dusty that Universal drastically needs to compete with WDW if Disney if the themepark goer is to benefit from awesome attraction producing competition between the two rivals - the spellbinding chalenger, and the Mouse that is asleep at the wheel.

It would be far moe cost effective for Universal to expand Wizarding World into Jurasic park (and the additional adjoining expansion property) than to try anything else. If this should happen, perhaps the Jurasic Park river ride ould be moved to the Universal (proper) park across the way from IOA.

No. JP is a strong section and by removing it you are weakening the whole park. IslandS of Adventure implies multiple islands, this combination makes the park have less ports. Keep JP but put in the planned jeep attraction and suddenly you attract a new demographic back to your park as well as the continued HP fans.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Steven Spielberg would never allow Potter to take over his Jurassic Park themed land. In fact, we could probably expect a Jurassic Park expansion sooner rather than later.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    No. JP is a strong section and by removing it you are weakening the whole park. IslandS of Adventure implies multiple islands, this combination makes the park have less ports. Keep JP but put in the planned jeep attraction and suddenly you attract a new demographic back to your park as well as the continued HP fans.
    Good observation, Professortango. IOA is already minus one port. A second port would make Islands of Adventure less true (to too great an extent) to it's overall theme. Wizarding World will nevertheless need to expand. Some of the backstage area is going to have to go.

The Jurassic Park jeep ride would bring a major resurgence of interest to JP and IOA on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Steven Spielberg would never allow Potter to take over his Jurassic Park themed land. In fact, we could probably expect a Jurassic Park expansion sooner rather than later.
    Spielburg's going to need to get on the horn and start pushing Universal to make his jeep ride happen. That's what Lukas has been doing with Disney concerning StarTours 2.0. I want to see some fierce competition between Spielburg and Rowlings! Competition is good. Get off your duff Spielburg - don't let Jurassic Park go to Pot-ter!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^a Jeep ride would be good but I feel like they are waiting for Jurassic Park 4 to tie that rides into the park

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^a Jeep ride would be good but I feel like they are waiting for Jurassic Park 4 to tie that rides into the park
    Well, JP4 is coming just 'round the river bend. Let's hope this is the case. A well executed and highly interactive Jurassic Park jeep ride would be so ssssssweeeeeeeeeet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12