• Iron-Clad Allie

IOA: Jurassic P. River Ride To Receive Refurb....Protecting It From Potter Expansion

You heard me right prehistoric river paddlers. NO HARRY EXPANSION WILL RUN OUR RIVER DRY!

The Jurassic Park River Adventure ride is scheduled to receive some much needed attention when it is beginning refurbed in May. This tells me that fans of the ride do not have to worry about Wizarding World engulfing it as Harry Potter continues to expand his brand of magic in Islands of Adventure. Perhaps expanding into the nearby facilities area would be a viable option.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-26-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: IOA: Jurassic P. River Ride To Receive Refurb....Protecting It From Potter Expan

Universal would never get rid of a land based on one of few popular film franchises that they actually own (Jurassic Park) for a franchise they do not own (Harry Potter). That would be ridiculous. Any Harry Potter expansion will likely go clockwise into the remainder of Lost Continent which would be no real loss as that land is not based on any particular franchises.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: IOA: Jurassic P. River Ride To Receive Refurb....Protecting It From Potter Expan

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Universal would never get rid of a land based on one of few popular film franchises that they actually own (Jurassic Park) for a franchise they do not own (Harry Potter). That would be ridiculous. Any Harry Potter expansion will likely go clockwise into the remainder of Lost Continent which would be no real loss as that land is not based on any particular franchises.
    Well, that's a given that the rest of Lost Continent will be used up for the Wizarding expansion. Very good point, toonaspie, that Universal would never destroy a franchise it owns for one that it does not....even though i'm sure they have theme park rights for Potterland locked up for decades. Following Lost Continent, the point I made was that room could be made backstage for future Potter expansion.

• Imagination is the Start

I was going a differnt way to universal one day and I noticed that right behind Universal there are Acres of Land, Tons of it. I have a feeling that Universal Owns the land for there is NOTHING there. I think they should expand it into there somehow, they could make Potterland so much better, like adding Privet Drive and like have tours of harrys house and like have a backyard with his floating Aunt in the distance, and that would lead into something else, and that would lead to something else. I think they did a decent job with the room they used for Potter land, but with closing other lands like Sindbad, and Posidens fury or w.e. it is they could do so much more. All they would have to do is re theme the restaurant by fury. but thats just me haha. I never liked the East side of the park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CodeNameMLS View Post
    I was going a differnt way to universal one day and I noticed that right behind Universal there are Acres of Land, Tons of it. I have a feeling that Universal Owns the land for there is NOTHING there. I think they should expand it into there somehow, they could make Potterland so much better, like adding Privet Drive and like have tours of harrys house and like have a backyard with his floating Aunt in the distance, and that would lead into something else, and that would lead to something else. I think they did a decent job with the room they used for Potter land, but with closing other lands like Sindbad, and Posidens fury or w.e. it is they could do so much more. All they would have to do is re theme the restaurant by fury. but thats just me haha. I never liked the East side of the park.
    Fantastic ideas here, CodeNameMLS! The unused land connected to Universal properties sounds a a godsend. Perhaps Uni creatives (some of them former magineers) could create a train ride (like we thought it might do at first) that would travel across the extra land and connect the muggles area to that of magic. A Potter themed water ride would be most welcome, as well as an indoor-outdoor inverted coaster/dark ride would be cool, as would a robo coaster/darkride. Lots can be done in the name of wizardig ride and themed homes and shops that would enhance the immersive Potter experience.

Universal's unused land is on the other side of IOA. There's no way of getting a train over there, unless they were willing to build it over several roads, including the backstage service road. In the end, I see that land being used for more hotels and MAYBE a water park. Theme park expansion is highly doubtful.

I've heard a rumor that JPRA's refurb is due to the T-Rex breaking.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 04-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Universal's unused land is on the other side of IOA. There's no way of getting a train over there, unless they were willing to build it over several roads, including the backstage service road. In the end, I see that land being used for more hotels and MAYBE a water park. Theme park expansion is highly doubtful.

I've heard a rumor that JPRA's refurb is due to the T-Rex breaking.
    Great! I like a challenge. Looks like several overhead bridges will need to be built to allow the plain to go by, either that or the train can tunnel under IOA, the roads (and under IOA if necessary) All aboarrrrrrrd!.

Just a forewarning - I apologize for the TERRIBLE spelling

Yea a lot of things were broken on the JP ride. Mainly yes the T-rex, it was just sad lol. Some of the Raptors were broken as well.

as for the train idea and hotels. Just thought of something interesting...i hope lol.

Ok have Privet drive and the whole thing on the one side, that would lead to the outskirts of London where you can go into the train station, Then there could be a couple 'rooms' in there with a little 'show' where the whole audience goes to platform 9 3/4. where all of a sudden they turn and the train is right there or something. every one from all the rooms get on the 1 train each car can hold capacity of the rooms. the train goes through a 'normal hotel with the 'painted' skyline of london and then enters the mountainous area for like a minute, then you see hogwarts in the distance, and get off at the station. This new area is Hogsmade station which will be the same. except with a different wand shop. or the same considering how much traffic it gets. everything there still the same. also off of privet is the start of london which also has the pub where you can get to diagon alley, and respectively has its stores.

From here you can access the boat ride over to hogwarts, this will be a long line thus making people opt to either walk it to hogwarts or! take the 'ride', Dark ride coaster with some water splashes. I forgot the creatures name but the one that the carriage is run by, and it'll start as a slow ride and then 'something' will start chasing you. this ride will actually END at the gates of hogwarts, the exit of the attraction will literally be the gates as if you had just made it. Thats just a start, and not even utilizing MOST of that extra area as well. in fact I have a feeling they could fit a lot of that with the perimeters of Lost Continent and Sindbad, or w.e. the lands are called, this will also free up more space is the way to small wizarding world.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Just a forewarning - I apologize for the TERRIBLE spelling

Yea a lot of things were broken on the JP ride. Mainly yes the T-rex, it was just sad lol. Some of the Raptors were broken as well.

as for the train idea and hotels. Just thought of something interesting...i hope lol.

Ok have Privet drive and the whole thing on the one side, that would lead to the outskirts of London where you can go into the train station, Then there could be a couple 'rooms' in there with a little 'show' where the whole audience goes to platform 9 3/4. where all of a sudden they turn and the train is right there or something. every one from all the rooms get on the 1 train each car can hold capacity of the rooms. the train goes through a 'normal hotel with the 'painted' skyline of london and then enters the mountainous area for like a minute, then you see hogwarts in the distance, and get off at the station. This new area is Hogsmade station which will be the same. except with a different wand shop. or the same considering how much traffic it gets. everything there still the same. also off of privet is the start of london which also has the pub where you can get to diagon alley, and respectively has its stores.

From here you can access the boat ride over to hogwarts, this will be a long line thus making people opt to either walk it to hogwarts or! take the 'ride', Dark ride coaster with some water splashes. I forgot the creatures name but the one that the carriage is run by, and it'll start as a slow ride and then 'something' will start chasing you. this ride will actually END at the gates of hogwarts, the exit of the attraction will literally be the gates as if you had just made it. Thats just a start, and not even utilizing MOST of that extra area as well. in fact I have a feeling they could fit a lot of that with the perimeters of Lost Continent and Sindbad, or w.e. the lands are called, this will also free up more space is the way to small wizarding world.
    Love it! We both agree that a train ride and boat ride would make the park come alive even more so than it already is!

Talking Re: IOA: Jurassic P. River Ride To Receive Refurb....Protecting It From Potter Expan

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Love it! We both agree that a train ride and boat ride would make the park come alive even more so than it already is!

Yea Potter needs more...It was kind of a let down for me. It's just sooo small. Try to get people to post in my thread about potterland ideas, i want to make a mock up with how it COULD look

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well I have shared this on other boards, but let me explain why JPRA is in such a state, and why all the rides are kind of wearing thin.

Since the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, the executive team at UO has been scared of closing any ride that is part of the over all packaging and branding for the parks.

They were trying to do a "rolling refurbishment" on JPRA. What that meant, is that they would take a show effect off stage, refurbish it, then replace it, and move on to the next show effect.

I am very torn over the idea of a "rolling refurbishments" because is it better that a person experience a less than perfect ride, or have them not experience it at all.

With the crowds for Potter, park capacity has been a major issue, and keeping guest satisfaction and spending up has been priority number 1.

The PROBLEM is that the rolling refurbishments can't take into account some of the bigger show, and ride systems, and that is the problem right now at JPRA.

Anyways, UO is now seeing that their hand is forced, and that now they have to close JPRA during May, and got to hurry to get it back up before June.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yea Potter needs more...It was kind of a let down for me. It's just sooo small. Try to get people to post in my thread about potterland ideas, i want to make a mock up with how it COULD look
    I'll be happy to. The way it is now, they should perhaps call the place Wizarding Little World.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well I have shared this on other boards, but let me explain why JPRA is in such a state, and why all the rides are kind of wearing thin.

Since the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, the executive team at UO has been scared of closing any ride that is part of the over all packaging and branding for the parks.

They were trying to do a "rolling refurbishment" on JPRA. What that meant, is that they would take a show effect off stage, refurbish it, then replace it, and move on to the next show effect.

I am very torn over the idea of a "rolling refurbishments" because is it better that a person experience a less than perfect ride, or have them not experience it at all.

With the crowds for Potter, park capacity has been a major issue, and keeping guest satisfaction and spending up has been priority number 1.

The PROBLEM is that the rolling refurbishments can't take into account some of the bigger show, and ride systems, and that is the problem right now at JPRA.

Anyways, UO is now seeing that their hand is forced, and that now they have to close JPRA during May, and got to hurry to get it back up before June.
    Universal Orlando will have to create a big budget for Jusrasic Park River Adventure and pour all their energy into swiftly building the entire ride all at once. Toying with it thru rolling refurbishment isn't going to get it. They would take forever completing the project, and guests would be let down over the inferior ride product when it opens.