Wizarding World at Xmas time?

Does anyone know if Universal has plans to decorate WWoHP for Xmas? I have been there twice and will go again 12/7/11 if they plan to do anything special. Thanks in advance for the info.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Wizarding World at Xmas time?

While the Wizarding World doesn't receive a holiday treatment (as the Wizarding World is frozen in a moment in time like Amity is always July 4th), though in the future it might change.

Universal has some really awesome and special Christmas stuff going on. Grinchmas at Seuss Landing and the Macy's Holiday Parade at Universal.

If you haven't done Christmas at Universal Orlando you are missing out.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mice Chat Columnist

I'm going this coming Tuesday to IoA for the first time in years, and I was just going to ask the same question. Thanks for letting me know!

• All-American

Huh, I always figured WWoHP would get one of the most amazing Christmas themes ever. Considering the land is already kind of wintry-themed anyway, and that the wonders of a Christmas at Hogwarts always gets an entire chapter of each book in the series, or a scene in every movie.

Thanks for the scoop KingEric. We are 50/50 for Universal as we have never done WDW at Xmas and only have 3 days to do it.

That's unfortunate. I say that because in the Harry Potter novels, there was always a big emphasis on Christmas at Hogwarts. This, for instance, is from the first book's Christmas:

"The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles."

And this from the fourth book:

"The Hogwarts staff, demonstrating a continued desire to impress the visitors from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, seemed determined to show the castle at its best this Christmas. When the decorations went up. Harry noticed that they were the most stunning he had yet seen inside the school. Everlasting icicles had been attached to the banisters of the marble staircase; the usual twelve Christmas trees in the Great Hall were bedecked with everything from luminous holly berries to real, hooting, golden owls, and the suits of armor had all been bewitched to sing carols whenever anyone passed them."

So Universal is missing a good opportunity to put on a great holiday celebration.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well hopefully in the near future, there will be Grinchams and Wizardmas
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by FredSimmons View Post
    That's unfortunate. I say that because in the Harry Potter novels, there was always a big emphasis on Christmas at Hogwarts. This, for instance, is from the first book's Christmas:

"The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles."

And this from the fourth book:

"The Hogwarts staff, demonstrating a continued desire to impress the visitors from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, seemed determined to show the castle at its best this Christmas. When the decorations went up. Harry noticed that they were the most stunning he had yet seen inside the school. Everlasting icicles had been attached to the banisters of the marble staircase; the usual twelve Christmas trees in the Great Hall were bedecked with everything from luminous holly berries to real, hooting, golden owls, and the suits of armor had all been bewitched to sing carols whenever anyone passed them."

So Universal is missing a good opportunity to put on a great holiday celebration.
    That's what I was thinking... even in the action-packed seventh book, she found a way to put in a beautiful Christmas scene! (Although it was a very different kind of beautiful Christmas scene...)

we are going there for the first time December 18-22 and can't wait to see it!