Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Wall Street Journal: Wizarding World Coming to Universal Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    well maybe this means they will finally answer that rumor of Gibson getting removed. Maybe waterworld, gibson and the pathway for employees will get removed for Harry
    This is the logical location.

LA Times also claims Harry Potter is coming: Harry Potter attraction coming to Universal Studios Hollywood - latimes.com

With two of the best theme park attractions in the world in one park, Universal Studios Hollywood is going to get a lot more attention.

We already love the park, but Harry Potter would make it a regular visit (as it is in Florida).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

@Sir Clinksalot - Add to the red section the Tram Plaza and Tram Garage which will most likely be moved down to the old Fung Lum Chinese restaurant area down the hill from what I've heard inside USH. The lower lot will definitely NOT be a part of the expansion.

---------- Post added 12-01-2011 at 01:55 PM ----------

@Sir Clinksalot - Add to the red section the Tram Plaza and Tram Garage which will most likely be moved down to the old Fung Lum Chinese restaurant area down the hill from what I've heard inside USH. The lower lot will&nbsp;definitely NOT be a part of the expansion.<br>&nbsp;

• MiceAge Columnist

Blog Entries

Just look in the EIR for the NBCUniversal plan and you can see exactly the growth areas for the theme park.

Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

This is fantastic almost-news! I will be able to get my butterbeer fix at frequent intervals.

Someone mentioned putting WWoHP where T2 is and I like that the most. Simply for the view it would have from the freeway. Imagine driving on the 101 seeing freaking Hogwarts staring out at you. Wow.

Though, I understand why it won't go there.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    That will never happen. T2 is on it's way out since the parking structure it's on top of can barley hold the theater itself. There is no way it could support any E-ticket ride.
    I know right now it cant work....its call rebuilding the bottom to support the ride....I mean THEN like others have said you'll see the castle from the freeway.....us the Parking garage for the ride...and the old T 2 building as the Q....then make a a coaster right next door on the hill so it does not have to be some kids coaster it can be a WHOLE ride that we would want...then you have plenty of room to build a restaurant...wandshop and even a place for another small ride/attraction where the animal show is

Cause lets be honest people are going to miss Water World MUCH more than T2.....and then one day Waterworld/Gibson/Shrek/Curious George area can be used for a some new rides and attractions (How to Train your Dragon, Woody, and etc)

• keh!

the view of Hogwarts would be ideal if it were placed where T2 3D is currently located, but i like T2 and would hate to see it go. the area surrounding it has a wonderful theme as well.

i would prefer them to rip out the Gibson and Waterworld. Waterworld is from 1995! nobody cares about that huge flop! it's time for it to go. and it would be nice if they bull dozed Shrek 4D as well. that show is such a chore to do. i never liked it.

• Become part of MY world!

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but maybe they're not going to clone the one from Florida! I mean, there are SO many locations in the Wizarding World to choose from. Why do we have to be limited to Hogsmead and Hogwarts? Maybe they could have it be Diagon Alley? Have a cool indoor coaster ride into the bowls of Gringotts! Or travel the tunnels of the Ministry of Magic! Or Godric's Hollow instead of Hogsmead. There are so many possibilities! Let's just wait and see what the plans actually call for. And I don't really see replicating the land as a bad thing. If they were to use different "sets" for each park(but of course Forbidden Journey would be cannon), it would be even more amazing! You would want to travel to each park to see the different sets!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention this, but maybe they're not going to clone the one from Florida! I mean, there are SO many locations in the Wizarding World to choose from. Why do we have to be limited to Hogsmead and Hogwarts?

Only because that's what Wall Street Journal reported. And since it's already designed, they won't need to spend money doing it again. I'm sure it will be slightly different. It has to be. The land is just different than Orlando's space.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    . . . there are SO many locations in the Wizarding World to choose from. Why do we have to be limited to Hogsmead and Hogwarts? Maybe they could have it be Diagon Alley? Have a cool indoor coaster ride into the bowels of Gringotts! Or travel the tunnels of the Ministry of Magic! Or Godric's Hollow instead of Hogsmead. There are so many possibilities! Let's just wait and see what the plans actually call for. And I don't really see replicating the land as a bad thing. If they were to use different "sets" for each park (but of course Forbidden Journey would be cannon), it would be even more amazing! You would want to travel to each park to see the different sets!
    This is my favorite post on this thread, Ursulavr! Thank you! (I like the colored map one too!)

Yes to Diagon Alley--they already have it's wand shop in Orlando, but isn't it (Ollivander's Wand Shop) so small than many guests are unable to visit it on crowded days. Have three hallways and three wand selection rooms. One or two can always be closed on September weekdays.

Maybe Waterworld could be replaced by a "Harry Potter vs. Voldemort" show that tops Fantasmic.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-01-2011 at 09:27 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

well I would love to see a whole different experience that way people have a reason to visit both coasts.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

^The biggest difference I can see is an alternate version of Dragon Challenge.

The problem is, you can't have a Harry Potter land without Hogwarts. It's a film icon.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    well I would love to see a whole different experience that way people have a reason to visit both coasts.
    They do...its called Spiderman voted one of the best rides EVER....also they have MIB...Cat and the Hat the list goes on.

I will still go to IOA if Im in Florida over Animal Kingdom any day....also remember not everyone can go to WDW and IOA....some people only have 60 bucks and gas money, no reason not to add Potterland here just cause some people CAN fly there

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    This is my favorite post on this thread, Ursulavr! Thank you! (I like the colored map one too!)

Yes to Diagon Alley--they already have it's wand shop in Orlando, but isn't it (Ollivander's Wand Shop) so small than many guests are unable to visit it on crowded days. Have three hallways and three wand selection rooms. One or two can always be closed on September weekdays.

Maybe Waterworld could be replaced by a "Harry Potter vs. Voldemort" show that tops Fantasmic.
    I went there this year and I agree, Ollivander's was a pain to wait in line. They only have one room, its small, and there's too many people waiting. They should split it like they do Mickey's house.

As for Harry vs. Voldemort, maybe they should do something like Jedi Academy. They can pick kids from the crowd and use wands instead of lightsabers.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    They do...its called Spiderman voted one of the best rides EVER....also they have MIB...Cat and the Hat the list goes on.

I will still go to IOA if Im in Florida over Animal Kingdom any day....also remember not everyone can go to WDW and IOA....some people only have 60 bucks and gas money, no reason not to add Potterland here just cause some people CAN fly there
    Well, USH will have Transformers, which I believe is an upgraded version of Spiderman.

I think having two Harry Potter Lands, one on each coast is fine. They will cater to different regions, and c'mon there's Disney on both coasts anyway!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Why is that ridiculous? It is a widely accepted term that is used for a quality attraction.

Disneyland hasn't used "tickets" in 30 years, so it's no different than calling Indy an E-Ticket. It never used them either.
    Sorry Clinks. Posting before coffee can be a dangerous thing for me. Although the term E Ticket as it is used today is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I think lack of coffee made it worse.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast