Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Wall Street Journal: Wizarding World Coming to Universal Hollywood

The issue with Gibson, is that area is likely a area where they hold events for awards show etc. Could it be buldoze, it could. I do wonder whether Universal will buy the golf course that is north of the studios.

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Universal could shift the soundstages north and allow the park to take some of the old soundstage area. There is a flood canal, and they would have to build a bridge(if the government would allow them). It will interesting of where they will put the land.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 12-04-2011 at 08:46 PM.

I'm pretty excited for this new addition. Although, I don't think it will be a necessarily "good" Wizarding World because of the small (well... somewhat small) size of the park. It probably won't be nearly as big as the one over in Orlando. But I guess we'll see.

That doesn't mean I'm not excited, because Wizarding World was good in Orlando and this shouldn't be much different. Oh well, I guess I'll find out!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Actually, if you take out the space for Dragon Challenge, the area that it most likely will go is actually BIGGER than the existing area where the "new" Harry Potter additions were. So this land could be smaller, but seem bigger.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    I can't give specifics, but I'm hearing operating hours are going to expand greatly once Transformers opens.
    Wow....they must really think the ride is going to get a lot of new guests....cause I think the park is open enough as in since it only has 4 rides..a maze....2 3d shows and 3 live shows

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Wow....they must really think the ride is going to get a lot of new guests....cause I think the park is open enough as in since it only has 4 rides..a maze....2 3d shows and 3 live shows
    And the tour. Keep in mind the tour really brings the tourists in. Everything else is just extra to them.

I'm not very familiar with the going ons of Universal and it's property but I always wondered why they would continually include condos and homes in their multi year expansion plan which would include selling 124acres of its property to a builder. They already have issues with neighboring homes as well as environmental issues.

Would it not be more logical to start relocating the large soundstages that are bordering the theme park area of the property to the opposite side in the plotof land that they want to sell off. The whole area could be designed to be green frindly by including large sections of green zones and landscaping. Those buildings would create the perfect barrier from their property and the homes that already exist and since they would be soundstages it should not create the noise factor that residence on that side of the property are worried about.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I just hope USH doesnt opt for a cheapo version like they have done in the past for other duplicate attractions
    What other attractions have they cheaped out on? They have the superior Jurassic Park, an identical Shrek and Simpsons ride, and a nearly exact version of T2:3D (albeit with two fewer terminators at the start of the show).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    The issue with Gibson, is that area is likely a area where they hold events for awards show etc. Could it be buldoze, it could. I do wonder whether Universal will buy the golf course that is north of the studios.

---------- Post added 12-02-2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Universal could shift the soundstages north and allow the park to take some of the old soundstage area. There is a flood canal, and they would have to build a bridge(if the government would allow them. It will interesting of where they will put the land.
    The golf course resides in Los Angeles, a different city. The flood canal that divides Los Angeles and Universal City is the Los Angeles River. Not going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Don't short change Universal Studios Hollywood. USH has made numerous changes since early Summer of this year in preparation for opening. Despite offering a small roster of attractions, USH will be home to a world class E Ticket attraction that looks like it'll be high ranking on a list of the Top 5 theme park attractions in the world. Look how many people King Kong brought in. Opening Summer for KK made the queue the Studio Tour reach 90+ minutes. Keep in mind each tram can hold nearly 200 guests at a time and when all trams are running, they can depart every few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    And the tour. Keep in mind the tour really brings the tourists in. Everything else is just extra to them.
    Exactly. The theme park was built on the back of the Studio Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the going ons of Universal and it's property but I always wondered why they would continually include condos and homes in their multi year expansion plan which would include selling 124acres of its property to a builder. They already have issues with neighboring homes as well as environmental issues.

Would it not be more logical to start relocating the large soundstages that are bordering the theme park area of the property to the opposite side in the plotof land that they want to sell off. The whole area could be designed to be green frindly by including large sections of green zones and landscaping. Those buildings would create the perfect barrier from their property and the homes that already exist and since they would be soundstages it should not create the noise factor that residence on that side of the property are worried about.
    The neighbors find fault in everything. If you built it, they will gripe about it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The golf course resides in Los Angeles, a different city. The flood canal that divides Los Angeles and Universal City is the Los Angeles River. Not going to happen...

Don't short change Universal Studios Hollywood. USH has made numerous changes since early Summer of this year in preparation for opening. Despite offering a small roster of attractions, USH will be home to a world class E Ticket attraction that looks like it'll be high ranking on a list of the Top 5 theme park attractions in the world. Look how many people King Kong brought in. Opening Summer for KK made the queue the Studio Tour reach 90+ minutes. Keep in mind each tram can hold nearly 200 guests at a time and when all trams are running, they can depart every few minutes.

Exactly. The theme park was built on the back of the Studio Tour.

The neighbors find fault in everything. If you built it, they will gripe about it.
    I love the park and all but I'm just saying i just don't see people NOT going to the park if the hours did not expand the hours and since it is more than possible to go on EVERYTHING in a day, just saying I dont see why they would want to spend more when they dont need the hours to be longer

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Actually, if you take out the space for Dragon Challenge, the area that it most likely will go is actually BIGGER than the existing area where the "new" Harry Potter additions were.
    That's what I was thinking.

2 more hours of park opening means you can wait in line that ONE more time to ride transformers before it closes

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^lol, lets hope the lines are not THAT bad

Part of the reason why Wescot did not happen. I am not sure that Universal would remove to half of the upper level. Transformers, The Simpsons, and Jurassic Park are likely safe from this plan. Waterworld could be torn town/rethemed(if gibson theater is part of the plan), but citywalk has to be considered in the plan. Hogwarts could be built like the simpsons building, where it is built on the hillside, that would work for Hogwarts, since the building is on a hill in the films.

• IPAC

I love the water world show. I hope it doesn't go =(

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^thats why I hope they use the T2 area....since lets be honest the show is past its time (still cool) and the coke soak and other area (including the wild west stage) wont be missed since they are not really be used to there full potential

WaterWorld is still on the list of the top 5 things to do at the park (along with the Tram, Mummy, JP, and Simpsons)

Really anything besides the top 5 can go....since they are not what make people COME to the park...Waterwold might be an older show...but so is Fantasmic and just like that show it still draws a crowd and is a unique show so I really hope it stays too

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast