Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,113

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

    The london to hogwarts 'experience' makes a ton of sense, except for whatelse to populate the london side with. UNLESS.. one builds the ministry of magic
    You forgot Gringotts as a rollercoaster.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    527

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

    Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

  3. #33

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    You forgot Gringotts as a rollercoaster.
    but gringots is 'in' diagon alley which is already in IOA. That's why I excluded it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  4. #34

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,060
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    but gringots is 'in' diagon alley which is already in IOA. That's why I excluded it.
    How do you figure? Olivander's is the only location not previously mentioned as existing in or near Hogsmeade.

  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    I am sure that it would be relatively easy to retheme any "London" elements currently in IOA, if USO Potter rumors turn out to be true.

    If true, IMO, this idea was a stroke of genius on Universal's part. How about a Vecoma coaster for Gringott's like the one Disney is planning for Tron in Shanghai?
    Down with the Hat


  6. #36

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How do you figure? Olivander's is the only location not previously mentioned as existing in or near Hogsmeade.
    Ehh.. it's right in the first book. Hagrid takes Harry to Diagon Alley to buy his school supplies, including stopping at Gringots to get money to buy said supplies. It's also covered in later books. Diagon Alley is the only location in London in the books that is visibly 'wizard-looking'. Everything else is obscured or vanilla looking.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  7. #37

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    I am just excited about the parks in general now. So much awesome and positive change.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Everything else is obscured or vanilla looking.
    But it doesn't have to be. London has great architecture and the exterior could easily just be the muggle world of the central city...and as such would meld with reproductions of other cities (NY, LA, etc) elsewhere in the park. One could imagine a scenario where Diagon Alley was located within a large show building...a better version of WDS-Paris' Hollywood Blvd...culminating in Gringots. Besides which, the Gringots coaster is not the only ride possibility. For example, from a few movies / books back there was the Triple Decker Bus...which drove around the streets of "real" London.
    Down with the Hat


  9. #39

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    But it doesn't have to be. London has great architecture and the exterior could easily just be the muggle world of the central city...and as such would meld with reproductions of other cities (NY, LA, etc) elsewhere in the park. One could imagine a scenario where Diagon Alley was located within a large show building...a better version of WDS-Paris' Hollywood Blvd...culminating in Gringots. Besides which, the Gringots coaster is not the only ride possibility. For example, from a few movies / books back there was the Triple Decker Bus...which drove around the streets of "real" London.
    But Diagon Alley is ALREADY in IOA. 'Hogsmeade' in IOA is a hybrid of the Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley from the books. Olivanders and D&B (same physical structure) are from Diagon Alley, while Zonkos, Three Broomsticks+hogshead, and honeydukes are from hogsmeade. I think many of the shop windows are setup to resemble Diagon Alley too.

    To put things from Diagon Alley into USO side, they need to rip that stuff out from the IOA side. There would be reasons they would want to do that.. for instance possibly rebuilding Olivanders to a multi-theatre setup, or something else to make the shops more efficent, etc. But doing so also means taking the resorts prime draw down into crippled mode for a period of construction. Something I'm sure they'd want to really avoid.

    But your mention of the knights bus and the flying car are also story lines that would probably fit into Universal's scope.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  10. #40

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But Diagon Alley is ALREADY in IOA...To put things from Diagon Alley into USO side, they need to rip that stuff out from the IOA side.
    In my opinion at least, it would be relatively easy to retheme some of the shops currently in IOA from Diagnon Alley to Hogsmeade, and recreate the Diagon Alley shops at Universal Studios. Not that they will do this, but if they wanted to, I don't think it would be all that difficult. The second phase of Potter probably isn't going to open for at least three years, and in the mean time, all the shops currently in IOA could just stay as they are now.
    Down with the Hat


  11. #41

    • Timelord
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    380

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But your mention of the knights bus and the flying car are also story lines that would probably fit into Universal's scope.
    Rides like this would be as easy as a Simpsons/BTTF/Star Tours clone. Probably more like Star Tours, as the 3D tech Disney uses is already out there on the market and is proven to be effective.

  12. #42

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Olivanders and D&B (same physical structure) are from Diagon Alley,
    Olivanders is from Diagon Alley. Dervish and Banges is from Hogsmead.

  13. #43

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Olivanders is from Diagon Alley. Dervish and Banges is from Hogsmead.
    Ahh, I was crossed with Borgin & Burkes which is the dark art shop in diagon alley. So Olivander's is the main conflict they'd need to resolve.. and I'm sure they really really want to move that one to rebuild it for greater capacity (like possibly using multiple theatres or something)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  14. #44

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,060
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Ahh, I was crossed with Borgin & Burkes which is the dark art shop in diagon alley. So Olivander's is the main conflict they'd need to resolve.. and I'm sure they really really want to move that one to rebuild it for greater capacity (like possibly using multiple theatres or something)
    Why can we not simply accept the reasoning given that the Olivander's shop in Hogsmeade was simply not mentioned in the books or films? Theme parks should not just be places for the repetition of what is already known.

  15. #45

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    496

    Re: Universal Orlando: JAWS the Ride to close forever?!

    Why does there have to be only one Olivander's?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
  2. Orlando - Jaws: the Ride
    By JMora in forum Universal Studios Florida
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM
  3. Universal Orlando increases the parking fee
    By KingEric in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 08:28 AM
  4. Orlando Bloom: The Ride
    By ALIASd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •