Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking Re: Live From Universal Studios Hollywood Harry Potter Media Event - Dec 6th 11am

Here's my picture from today event.

Yeah, Very little information was given At least I got to try the Butter-beer which to me tasted like Root Beer Float.

oh, I saw FishBulb wearing a Red Polo as seen on second picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images                 
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 12-06-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Live From Universal Studios Hollywood Harry Potter Media Event - Dec 6th 11am

Looks like it will be part of where Gibson is:

It’s Official: Harry Potter Attraction Coming To Universal Hollywood – Deadline.com

The new installation is expected to create more than 1,000 jobs. Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky told the AP that he was told Universal’s concert venue Gibson Amphitheatre would be axed to make way for the Potter attraction.

• Banned User

Re: Live From Universal Studios Hollywood Harry Potter Media Event - Dec 6th 11am

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This was kind of a "nothing" event. Nothing new was revealed. No When, Where or really What.

Everybody assumed Forbidden Journey would be coming. But nothing else was really talked about.

I honestly think Disney revealed more in their Avatar press release.
    No, Disney didn't reveal anything either. Disney didn't say where they will put Avatar, as well as what the attractions are.

I suppose if Avatar and Wizarding World can be compared, they will both feature flying attractions and dragons. That's where the similarity ends.

I wonder how and if they will try to make it fit into the "working studio" environment that park has. I sure hope they don't try to make it a Harry Potter "set".

• former CM

2016?

Outstanding news!

I'm rereading the series to my wee muggle; it's so creative and funny that I predict Harry Potter will be remade into movies in the distant future if the tech of recorded storytelling keeps improving. Then again, there haven't been any remakes of the can't top this (?) 1939 classic version of "The Wizard of Oz," which itself was a remake.

But it's 2011 as I write this. This attraction/land (already done in another form in Orlando) won't be finished until 2016?

Thanks for the update!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-06-2011 at 03:12 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by a-mad View Post
    And here's to hoping that Al will lay off the snark regarding Avatar. Its getting tiring. Why not wait until we see what's planned... or even better - seeing what it becomes once its finished, before dissing it?
    No kidding. Particularly since "at least's it's not Cars' is an equally valid complaint.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I was really hoping to hear what was going on with Jaws, they obviously know what they are doing since they are closing it so quickly. I also thought they would have hinted or announced on what is going on at Universal Japan. They recently close Ozland for an exciting new attraction, I am going to assume Potter as well.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

2016? Better have some OTHER attractions line up then cause Transfomers is not going to cut it for 4 years........I really hope Potterland opens before the ride cause I dont see how its going to take that long to build a ride they have made before....along with the shops

It's definitely NOT 2016. I've heard from 2014 to 2015. 2014 makes the most sense to me just because that's also the highly rumored date of opening for the supposedly similar Potter Phase II Expansion in Orlando.

Keep in mind, a 2014 opening would give them one year without something *big* opening, between Transformers in '12 and possibly Potter in '14. 2014 sounds pretty reasonable to me, even if it does open later on at the end of the year during December (the original WWOHP was supposed to open in December).

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Hi gang! Sorry it took me so long to chime in here. I had to stop by the DLR and ended up getting pics of Radiator Springs Racers testing. But that's another thread, sorry.

So basically they got in touch with us and said there was going to be a Butterbeer toast and announcement. "RSVP NOW AND BE THERE TOMORROW!" Okay, so I did.

Well, things began with the right amount of anticipation and gravitas with people like Barry Meyer, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros and Ron Meyer, President and COO, Universal Studios, California State Governor Jerry Brown, and even two stars from the films.

Here is the "Sizzle REEL" that boils everything down for you...

That's it. Hogwarts is coming to Hollywood and that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be expanded. No mention of location, no mention of a year (although LATimes took an educated guess and said no sooner than 2016 which seems about right), and even more interesting was no mention of what attractions, if any, would be included in the Hollywood version of Hogwarts.

The only telling comment given was by Ron Meyer, President and COO, Universal Studios, when he mentioned that the addition will be built within the "existing theme park boundaries". As SirClinksalot mentioned above in his link to Deadline Hollywood, the best guess is that the Gibson Amphitheater will be demolished to make room for this expansion. Thinking about it, this may very well include WaterWorld too along with Shrek 4D and Curious George. But again, the only thing we have to go on is "existing theme park boundaries."

Let's think about this further. They said Hogwarts was coming. They never even mentioned a ride. Now, that would be a cruel trick to play on West Coast Harry Potter Fans, and I really don't think that is the case. But they only mentioned Hogwarts. No Hogsmeade, certainly no Dragon Challenge or Flight of the Hippogriff as those were retrofitted coasters to the area of IOA that Potter consumed. It would be nearly impossible, but what if they built an attraction that was even better than Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey out here in our Hogwarts?

Oh well. In the end, it was nothing more than confirmation of the rumors that started with Wall Street Journal and other news sources began talking about last week. Let's just hope that more than just Hogwarts is coming. (Crosses fingers)
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 12-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

With Hogwarts Castle in the background and what they announced, Hogwarts Castle, as it is in Florida will have a reasonable facsimile in Hollywood, along with the main attraction. Butterbeer locations would also be expected as they had it available for the press. Doubtless, that magic wand shop will be part of this overall project, as well as some of the other interactive elements. A Harry Potter restaurant would also be expected. Since the expansion for Potter in Florida was announced, I would aniticipate some of those new elements would make their way to Hollywood at the same time. Since this is taking over the amphitheater space, could this be the end for Waterworld, too?? This would give more room for the project. It would be nice to see Universal Studios park grow sizewise, but I don't know if they have enough parking, or ability to add parking to allow for expanded capacity.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Great pictures Fishbulb, and Asianbma. I find it interesting Universal was able to get both the LA Mayor and Governor to participate in this, assuring that all media would show up. I don't think I've seen Disney do that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Great pictures Fishbulb, and Asianbma. I find it interesting Universal was able to get both the LA Mayor and Governor to participate in this, assuring that all media would show up. I don't think I've seen Disney do that.
    Ah, but don't you remember, the Governator declaring in front of Cinderella's Castle the Disneyland is "goot for Cal-ee-fo-nee-ah's Ee-con-na-mee" during the 50th celebration. Sounds like Jerry just reused the governator's speech.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Fishbulb, thanks for driving up to Universal to cover the event! This is really exciting news, although I do hope they announce a timeline for the opening of this sooner than 2016. At least I can hope. I've been a Universal AP holder for three years now and will continue to renew every year as its much closer to home than the DLR for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Great pictures Fishbulb, and Asianbma.
    Ditto! Thanks for the great pictures from the press event!

• Registered Member

I was wondering where they intend to put "Harry Potter" at Universal Hollywood. Perhaps as someone else suggested "Water World" could be removed and Harry Potter put in it's place.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast