Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• June 1963 I was hooked

Re: Forbidden Journey?

And I knew nothing about Spiderman when I first ride, and everything about HP but was still a little confused when riding. They still both kick IJ ***, but for my taste so do Peter Pan,
    Pirates, and Splash right there at Disneyland.

• Minion FOREVER!

I've ridden all several times. Here's my take:
    * Nothing beats FJ for the set-up (Hogsmeade) and the queue. But IMHO the ride is overly jerky, Hermione is hard to hear, (I thought that was just me), and parts of the story seem too-stretched Also I wasn't happy w/ the size of the Mirror of Erised in the queue or the lack of effect for the tunnels (Slithering and water dropping sounds would have been neat..)
    * Love Spidey for the effect in the ride itself, but I'm not a fan of its queue or the setup. Also the video seems grainy.
    * Love Indy for the story and the fact that so much of it is physical including the "physical" effects like the "darts blowing by" effect. Even uses other vehicles as part of the story. Classic Disney Imagineering...

So for me, I still prefer Indy still although FJ has some eye-dropping effects.

•   
    • Minion

You can;t even compare Indy to Dinosaur. Dinosaur should just be taken out Mo It;s funny it;s the same ride physically but if you ride them both you can tell what a story and presentation can do for a attraction

I prefer Spiderman over FJ. The queue for FJ is amazing and worth the ride itself.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I wish I had been able to ride Spider-Man when it was new. The ride hasn't aged very well, and I'm very happy that they are changing the animations and bringing them up to date and getting everything awesome looking again.

That said, FJ is amazing, and the ride system is very, very clever.

I do like The Forbidden Journey. Most of the thrill of the ride comes from somewhat scary scenery, like the dementors, the basilisk skeleton, and the dragon. One thing that really sets it apart from Spiderman is the fact that the ride vehicle is a robocoaster arm. Robocoasters allow much more movement than the SCOOP from Spiderman. There is a scene with the Whomping Willow where you are completely on your back. The thing I don't like about the Forbidden Journey is that you are being snuck into a Quittage match by the trio for no apparent reason. The ride plot is jumpy and it moves really fast. Random things seem to happen one after the other for no reason. Don't get me wrong, I love this ride and it has really great things going, but I wish it had a better story to it.

• Ravenclaw

Quote Originally Posted by laurenalexandra View Post
    I do like The Forbidden Journey. Most of the thrill of the ride comes from somewhat scary scenery, like the dementors, the basilisk skeleton, and the dragon. One thing that really sets it apart from Spiderman is the fact that the ride vehicle is a robocoaster arm. Robocoasters allow much more movement than the SCOOP from Spiderman. There is a scene with the Whomping Willow where you are completely on your back. The thing I don't like about the Forbidden Journey is that you are being snuck into a Quittage match by the trio for no apparent reason. The ride plot is jumpy and it moves really fast. Random things seem to happen one after the other for no reason. Don't get me wrong, I love this ride and it has really great things going, but I wish it had a better story to it.
    The reason you go to the Quidditch match is because Harry, Ron, and Hermione figure it would be far more interesting to a Muggle than a boring lecture by Professor Binns on the history of Hogwarts...
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    The reason you go to the Quidditch match is because Harry, Ron, and Hermione figure it would be far more interesting to a Muggle than a boring lecture by Professor Binns on the history of Hogwarts...
    I still don't understand why muggles are there in the first place

• Suspended

I still don't understand why muggles are there in the first place

Because Dumbledore is letting Muggles tour Hogwarts for the first time ever. Hence why Salazar is complaining about us in the Gallery.

Ah. Okay. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12