Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Forbidden Journey?

People, speak VERY highly of this ride, saying it is the best thing ever, and is mind blowing. I don't know much about it and the videos on youtube are bad. So could someone please explain what makes this ride so spectacular? And can it really be better than Indiana Jones?
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Forbidden Journey?

Yes, it really is better but I doubt video or an explanation would do it justice.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It is an AMAZING ride. Seriously. The videos are pretty bad because you're constantly moving, and it's really dark in there, so there's really no good way to capture it on video (even with night vision). This is a ride that throws everything you knew about ride clearances right out the window. You're going in every which direction. And just the technology behind the ride system (Kuka arm) is something to behold. I got stuck on the ride last year and got to see it all with the lights on and was just amazed.

I prefer Spider-Man. Forbidden Journey is a technological marvel but it doesn't provide the most satisfying overall experience IMO. It feels like you're rushing through the plot at a hundred miles an hour. Plus I'm always sick afterward.

I've never ridden Indy, but having been on Dinosaur, I can at least compare the ride systems. The Indy/Dinosaur system was already made obsolete by Spider-Man, a closer comparison than FJ, which is an entirely different animal. There's nothing else like FJ currently in existence. You can only get a feel for it by actually riding it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

There is no way a Youtube video of FJ can do it ANY justice. Personally I say STOP WATCHING videos, and spoiling yourself.

It is 10 kinds of incredible in person.

Spiderman is also amazing, and while they use different technologies, they both SOAR in story telling, and making you feel like you are in the world the action is taking place in.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    I've never ridden Indy, but having been on Dinosaur, I can at least compare the ride systems. The Indy/Dinosaur system was already made obsolete by Spider-Man,
    I prefer the Indy/Dino system because we are traveling through a real physical environment and not a set of screens. Putting on those glasses just takes me out of a ride, even if it is a well-done as Spiderman is.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I prefer the Indy/Dino system because we are traveling through a real physical environment and not a set of screens. Putting on those glasses just takes me out of a ride, even if it is a well-done as Spiderman is.
    There are plenty of physical sets within The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. I'd take screens that expand the space any day over using darkness, as is the case with Dinosaur.

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    There are plenty of physical sets within The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. I'd take screens that expand the space any day over using darkness, as is the case with Dinosaur.
    True, Spiderman does have some physical sets. It seems the new Transformers ride does not, which worries me. Even though the ride systems and track are identical, Indy is so much better than Dinosaur because the narrative is more interesting and we have affinity for the title character. I'd take Spidey over Dinosaur for the same reason, even with my distaste for too many screens and the glasses.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    True, Spiderman does have some physical sets. It seems the new Transformers ride does not, which worries me. Even though the ride systems and track are identical, Indy is so much better than Dinosaur because the narrative is more interesting and we have affinity for the title character. I'd take Spidey over Dinosaur for the same reason, even with my distaste for too many screens and the glasses.
    Dinosaur is a failure compared to Indy i was extremely disappointed when i rode it.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• June 1963 I was hooked

I totally agree, Spiderman is a more satisfying ride overall. The sensation of entering Hogwarts from the magical village of Hogsmeade is a brilliant ride set up. I found some of the audio in FB to be hard to hear or understand, particularly Hermione at the get go,

Hagrid before
    the dragon sequence. The flying sequences were fantastic with the robotic arms but I found the movement jerky when maneuvering through the prop areas.
    I enjoyed Indiana Jones just fine (way too many pitch black rooms, tho.)
    In my opinion FJ beats IJ quite handily,
    and Spidey reigns supreme.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would agree.

Ride Setup: FJ wins - NOTHING beaths Hogwarts and that experience. Personally I much rather just wait in line, than ride the ride.

Ride itself: Spiderman hands down. If I had a choice of riding only Spiderman, FJ, Indy, or Dinosaur, with no preshow, or queue, I would choose spidey.

There is a telephone number on a theater marquee, and if you call that number you get an awesome easter egg message.

Tons of awesomeness. Just love that ride!

Videos never do dark rides any justice. That's just the way it is. Watch the rides to give yourself an idea of what to expect if you wish, but don't judge the total experience by the videos.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I would agree.

Ride Setup: FJ wins - NOTHING beaths Hogwarts and that experience. Personally I much rather just wait in line, than ride the ride.

Ride itself: Spiderman hands down. If I had a choice of riding only Spiderman, FJ, Indy, or Dinosaur, with no preshow, or queue, I would choose spidey.

There is a telephone number on a theater marquee, and if you call that number you get an awesome easter egg message.

Tons of awesomeness. Just love that ride!
    I am afraid of heights, no matter how many times I ride The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man each time I think I am moving vertically. I know there is no vertical movement. I know it is all an illusion made with screens. And yet I always get uneasy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am afraid of heights, no matter how many times I ride The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man each time I think I am moving vertically. I know there is no vertical movement. I know it is all an illusion made with screens. And yet I always get uneasy.
    That is too funny, and it is an incredibly amazing effect.

I remember when I did a backstage tour of the ride, I felt ridiculous for screaming when I saw how little the ride vehicles actually moved.

But even with doing the backstage tour on Spiderman, I still geek out and love every time I ride it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm terrified of heights, but that's mainly looking straight down into open spaces. I ride roller coasters without thinking twice (though the first drop on SheiKra at Busch Gardens always scares the bejebus out of me because they dangle out for about 5 seconds 200 feet in the air looking straight down at a 90 degree angle... and it's a floorless coaster).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast