Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

USF's Dispicable Me Simulator Ride

Source: Screamscape

If you haven't heard, Dispicable Me will be Uni Florida's new simulator ride, replacing Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast. The 3D adventure will include a sort of drop-away floor, along with a new HiDef projection system, and merky fog/smoke special effects. The drop-away floor aspect leads me to believe that the ride's design may be significantly changed, as opposed to simply reprograming the simulator for a new film like Uni did when it switched from Hanna Barbara to Jimmy Neutron.

Univeral Studios New Ride: Dispicable Me
    Universal Studios New Ride: Despicable Me - YouTube

For those that haven't been on Jimmy Neutron, here's a video ride-thru:

Jimmy Neutron Ride
    Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast at Universal Studios (in HD) - YouTube
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-28-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Certified in everything

Re: USF's Dispicable Me Simulator Ride

Oh wow, I guess I assumed they were sticking with the same system and swapping out the film. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, although I think its safer not to get my hopes up.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I am excited for going down to Universal Orlando Resort this summer. I have not seen the film, but think this will be a neat attraction. Add in the new animation for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and it looks like a decent summer ahead.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Oh wow, I guess I assumed they were sticking with the same system and swapping out the film. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, although I think its safer not to get my hopes up.
    "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." I think that Uni knows that it has to rethink and retool the ride if it's popularity is not to gain in popularity, rather than sag into oblivion. It's swapping out days are over. Plus, Uni is moving full force in competition with disney. We park goers benefit all the way around!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I am excited for going down to Universal Orlando Resort this summer. I have not seen the film, but think this will be a neat attraction. Add in the new animation for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and it looks like a decent summer ahead.
    Like you, lazyboy, I will be among the backward crowd that gets interested in seeing the film if we are highly impressed with the ride. Hope you have the time of your life on your upcoming vacation trip....especially on the retooled Dispicable Me and revamped Spidey rides!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope we get this ride too at Hollywood......would be a improvement over Shrek after it being here for like 7 years

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope we get this ride too at Hollywood......would be a improvement over Shrek after it being here for like 7 years
    Since they are putting in Potter Land, I don't see why there shpild be any barriers preventing a Dispicable Me simulator ride. What I'm wanting most, thought, is a Spidey ride, feeling everything that thumps against the ride vehicle! Oh, yeah!

^ USH won't get Spider-Man for the same reason that Orlando won't get Transformers - same ride system. Well, that and Disney.

As for attractions opening this summer at UOR, don't forget the mini golf.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    ^ USH won't get Spider-Man for the same reason that Orlando won't get Transformers - same ride system. Well, that and Disney.

As for attractions opening this summer at UOR, don't forget the mini golf.
    I would have to agree that Spiderman and Transformers sharing the same ride system means that neither will cross over to the other park, and rightfully so.

I love mini golf! Am glad USF is getting one.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The Drive-In Mini Golf looks AMAZING so far!

Also I am very curious about this new Ride System. I was almost certain it was just an overlay of the current ride system... sooooooo I guess we will see.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

^ I think the drop away floor will only be for the pre-show. I'm pretty sure outside of that, it will have the same ride system.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    ^ I think the drop away floor will only be for the pre-show. I'm pretty sure outside of that, it will have the same ride system.
    That is what I have heard, but then this announcement had me all like... whhhaaat?

Because as far as I know, no ride vehicles have come out or in to that building.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    I agree that the drop-away floor is probably in the pre-show. Still, it would be an unusual element even for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    That is what I have heard, but then this announcement had me all like... whhhaaat?

Because as far as I know, no ride vehicles have come out or in to that building.
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Still, it's good to have an unusual unknown out there to be curious about. Glad that you like the mini golf.

Sounds promising I hope they deside to revamp Shrek , but most import is to GET RID OF TWISTER! NOW!!

At this house we trully hate twister, do even people remember the movie? is not even a classic, I prefer to go to WDW Narnia (ack) than this time waster abomination.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Sounds promising I hope they deside to revamp Shrek , but most import is to GET RID OF TWISTER! NOW!!

At this house we trully hate twister, do even people remember the movie? is not even a classic, I prefer to go to WDW Narnia (ack) than this time waster abomination.
    Since Twister is shown on cable a LOT, people still remember it. And they can't close the attraction until I go so I can see the flying cow!

And those who haven't seen the movie Despicable Me.... RENT IT! It's actually really good and very funny.

"IT'S FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Since Twister is shown on cable a LOT, people still remember it. And they can't close the attraction until I go so I can see the flying cow!
    Even if it's on tv the movie is not near a classic like king kong or back to the future, if you see comments in youtube people asking if the ride is based in a movie.

We went years ago it was a cold day and we had to wait in line for long, then they literally dropped a bucket of icy cold water at us , my big brother was compleaty soaked he had to buy a shirt, we were angry and the show is boring.
    And getting wet there wasn't fun, we love slash mountain and the Popeye rapids, this water comes from above wiout warning and it's near ice cold.

Anyways if you want to go don't forget to take extra clothes, sweather and a poncho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast