New Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood in addition to Harry Potter & Transformers?

This just popped up at Screamscape about a new ride rumor at Universal Studios Hollywood:

Universal Studios Hollywood

2013/2014 -
    New Attraction - Rumor - (2/20/12) While we wait for more information about how the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be coming to Universal Hollywood, while Transformers is counting down the days until it is ready to open, we’ve gotten word about a possible new attraction that may be in development for Universal Hollywood. I don’t know the details, but I’m hearing that the feedback so far from Universal Creative about the new Despicable Me attraction going into Orlando has been so positive, that there are tentative plans in the works to try and bring a copy of it to Universal Hollywood as well. With Despicable Me 2 hitting the theaters in Summer 2013, I can only assume that they would be smart to push for a Spring/Summer 2013 opening date if approved.

They haven't even officially announced where they're putting Wizarding World of Harry Potter, so I can't imagine where they would put this ride. But if this does turn out to be true, then it can't hurt to have more attractions over there, especially if they're expecting huge crowds when Wizarding World of Harry Potter does open.
    Last edited by edge4004; 02-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.

• Banned User

Re: New Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood in addition to Harry Potter & Transformer

Sounds like a certain green ogre will have to make way for Gru and his minions.

• Timelord

Re: New Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood in addition to Harry Potter & Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Sounds like a certain green ogre will have to make way for Gru and his minions.
    Won't the Shrek area be the entrance to the HP land?

I'd think they'd probably put this either in the Curious George area, or the T2 building.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I am sooo Happy to hear that Universal is getting a new ride besides Transformers....too bad all rides have to be us sitting in front of screens (Kong....Transformers...Simpsons)

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I am sooo Happy to hear that Universal is getting a new ride besides Transformers....too bad all rides have to be us sitting in front of screens (Kong....Transformers...Simpsons)
    Yup, it's pretty sad that the only REAL ride at USH is The Mummy. Otherwise everything else is you watching a video or watching a show, lol

Hopefully the expansion plans will change this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    yup, it's pretty sad that the only real ride at ush is the mummy. Otherwise everything else is you watching a video or watching a show, lol

hopefully the expansion plans will change this.
    jp

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    jp
    I do forget about JP as it's down all the time. It's either down for maint when I'm there in the Fall/Spring, or down due to it breaking during the Summer, lol

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I am REALLY hoping the JP gets a HUGE update once the next movie comes out...if they redid the ride then for me I would count it as a whole new ride..since the ride is old and really needs to be redone (but please no 3d)

Have not heard anything yet about this, but i would LOVE to see the Minions back in the park. Its sad how fast they got rid of them, yet we still have EB running around