• former CM

Question Why did U Hwood announce H Potter so far in advance?

We were going to stop by Universal Orlando for a couple of days, primarily to see the Wizarding World of HP.
    I'm into planning in advance, so we we were going to go in 2014, but now that Harry is coming to University City,
    we're just going to save $ on the Florida trip and spend an extra day or two at WDW. (I've already been there so the updated Spiderman would be the only other thing I'd really want to see.)

There might be others in highly populated S. California who will also just wait for the newer Hogsmeade Village to come to us.

So why did Universal announce this so early? So fans, potential customers, and stockholders know that is a company on the move?

Any other reasons?

Couldn't they have gotten more attention by acting like they were tying to keep it a secret?

Have they gotten more specific on the opening date? Opening after 2015 seems weak to me.

Re: Why did U Hwood announce H Potter so far in advance?

WWHOP was never set to open in 2014. I believe the original timeframe was 2015, which might now be 2016.

Japan is opening a version in 2014, though.

• Circle of Ancients

Essentially they announced it because the news "leaked". They weren't planning on announcing it until probably later this year or early next year (I'd guess) but they got "scooped" so to speak.

Even the announcement for HP was very rushed.

Here is the original thread regarding the press release. Not much information was revealed there either.

http://micechat.com/forums/universal...-6th-11am.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I called this year ago......come on I mean they would have be stupid not to....I mean stupid not to...its there biggest attraction to date

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    We were going to stop by Universal Orlando for a couple of days, primarily to see the Wizarding World of HP.
    I'm into planning in advance, so we we were going to go in 2014, but now that Harry is coming to University City,
    we're just going to save $ on the Florida trip and spend an extra day or two at WDW. (I've already been there so the updated Spiderman would be the only other thing I'd really want to see.)

There might be others in highly populated S. California who will also just wait for the newer Hogsmeade Village to come to us.

So why did Universal announce this so early? So fans, potential customers, and stockholders know that is a company on the move?

Any other reasons?

Couldn't they have gotten more attention by acting like they were tying to keep it a secret?

Have they gotten more specific on the opening date? Opening after 2015 seems weak to me.
    I just cannot recommend it enough! I dont care what they build in Hollywood, you must experience the original and feel your smile go from ear to ear.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

^ Besides the fact that Hollywood's WWoHP will almost certainly be smaller, the USF expansion is supposed to open sometime in 2014. Worth considering.

But yeah, they announced USH's version because it was leaked. They probably announced the USF expansion, without details, for a similar reason. They seem to be waiting as long as possible to formally announce details because they don't want people postponing their trips until everything is open.

• Circle of Ancients

^ With regards to the USF expansion, it was pretty obvious what they were doing. How quickly they closed Jaws and subsequently started demolishing it (the day after closing actually). They did that themselves IMO.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I just cannot recommend it enough! I dont care what they build in Hollywood, you must experience the original and feel your smile go from ear to ear.
    I know I will ONE day....I think alot of people like me (young adults) who have yet to get a "real" job would have to save up for a year or two just to visit that...while in 3 years we'll have a smaller version here...that will cost only 1 day of working to get to.....just saying that is much better value then having to spend easily 1,000 (at the least) to get to Florida, get a room and go to the parks.