Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

How long do you think uso will wait before they announce Potter phase 2?

....and how long SHOULD they wait? it seems silly to me to have such a high profile project on the horizon and not say anything about it.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Re: How long do you think uso will wait before they announce Potter phase 2?

Technically speaking, they already announced the expansion along with Hollywood's. It could be a while before we get an actual press release and details. They don't want people postponing their vacations for this, and they also have other things to announce that will open sooner. I would have liked an announcement the moment Jaws closed, but I understand why they're waiting.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Other projects that will open first need to be announced before more is announced about the expansion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Here is what I think.

transformers will be announced this november/December basically when Disney opens the new fantasyland expansion. With transformers announced there will be no other announcements untill that is opened.

now after Tramsformers opens we should get an announcement after that. So I expect a potter 2.0 announcement Winter 2013.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Well, everyone is saying that they rushed a Potter ush announcement because word got out that it was coming here. A lot more has been revealed about Potter 2.0 however. if you look online you can find some concept art, blueprints, and photos of the construction.....it seems like they are in a bigger position with this, than they were with Potter ush (which was just a rumor), to make an announcement.

Frankly, its the worst kept secret in the theme park industry right now.

USH and UOR aren't run by the same people, so they handle things differently. It appears USH made the Potter announcement before they were ready to, so that turned out being a mistake. As for USF's Potter expansion, it is the worst kept secret in the theme park industry - which most people don't actually follow. They just visit the parks occasionally and hear whatever the parks want them to hear. Plenty of Universal's potential customers have heard nothing about it. Those people are the reason they haven't said anything yet.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 09-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.

actauly i heard that comcast bought orlando aswell and that actauly explains silent hill and the walking dead.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    actauly i heard that comcast bought orlando aswell and that actauly explains silent hill and the walking dead.
    NBC/Universal purchased the portion of USO that was owned earlier by the Blackstone Group, so they now own USO entirely. But remember, they've had, and have, plenty of attractions based on non-Universal properties, as well as Halloween mazes.(i.e.New Line/Warner's Nightmare on Elm St. , Dimension's "Scream", etc. ).

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, in my not so humble opinion, they have already waited way too long to start telling us rabid Harry Potter fans about the wonders yet to be discovered. It makes no sense whatsoever not to be selling the sizzle about Gringotts and the Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley. None whatsoever.

But, when the time comes, crowds will, once again, be huge beyond belief. The Harry Potter fandom is not dead...it continues to grow and thrive and the whole world awaits the things that are happening behind those walls at Universal.

Universal would be wise to stage many more special star events between now and the opening of Diagon Alley. Cast Reunions would attract, once again, huge crowds...and be a great way to sell the sizzle about things to come.

It is foolish to think that Harry Potter fans are not hungry for more information. That hunger could easily be translated into dollars long before the Hogwarts Express begins it's daily run between parks. It is possible to promote more than one thing at a time, and Universal needs to step it up a notch as it relates to the boy wizard. They need to expand their wizarding merchandise...dream bigger, much bigger!

In this case, silence is not golden...selling the sizzle would be.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

again, universal studios hollywood probably had to wait for the Vision Plan to be passed by the city before any work on WWoHP could start. this is also why everyone knows t2 is going and they are getting rid of some store near shrek too. when i was working a few days back i saw a contractor measuring all over the front gate, main entrance, main walkway, and even as far back as shrek and T2. i think NOW we will start to hear (and see) more things going on with USH.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, when I was in Hogsmeade for a couple weeks in early October, construction walls were up at both Diagon Alley and the Hogsmeade Station of the Hogwarts Express.

Behind those mysterious walls...which, of course, I was able to peek through...work had been and was being done. Mysteriously however, there were no Ministry of Magic signs up...nothing to even indicate that behind those walls wonderful things were beginning to happen.

Now, I blame all this on someone setting behind a desk at Universal...not on the Ministry of Magic, of course.

Everyone knows that under Kingsley Shacklebolt's leadership the Ministry has thrived.

No, I believe it is some high executive type setting behind a desk at Universal...Having said that, I would not be surprised at all if that particular "executive" was a former Death Eater. Why? Well, because there is absolutely no good reason whatsoever to delay the announcements necessary to sell the sizzle of coming Harry Potter related expansions. None.

Such delays are cold hearted at best...and entirely unjustifiable.

For gosh sake...at least put up the signs indicating that the Ministry of Magic has approved the magic that is at work behind those walls... It is no secret...details should be shared immediately...and, for the greater good.

Meanwhile, a background check should be immediately initiated on that Universal Executive to insure that he, or she, has no previous Death Eater affiliations. Universal's behavior in this matter is suspicious at the very least...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I stand by my statement

I don't think we'll get a formal announcement for Potter until after Transformers opens.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Yeah it won't happen until winter 2013. So in a year lol

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Yeah it won't happen until winter 2013. So in a year lol
    You mean when its almost finished? That's stupid. (on their part, i mean)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast