Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Any Universal Hollywood Harry Potter updates?

Like Roy Disney's and his equally wealthy neighbors?

And imminent domain for what? Islands of Adventure?

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Construction is going full force backstage. All utility work at the moment, no demolition, or anything. they are really cutting up the employee road way, though...and getting ready to start major work soon.

After the county signs off on the Evolution plan on the 27th, rumor has it they'll just buy out the rest of the Gibson contract. So i think we can expect demolition/construction to start in May (or sooner) like the rumors are saying.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Team Hail HYDRA

I bet they will demo gibson first and start building HPFJ first and then later get out shrek and CG an d then they will start the village

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I bet they will demo gibson first and start building HPFJ first and then later get out shrek and CG an d then they will start the village
    You could be right. i've heard that Shrek is here 'till next year, at least....Just a rumor, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• New Member Goes Forth

Not sure when it will pen, but I think I heard that it was in 2016
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I envy the fact that Hollywood is getting rid of Shrek. Personally I really do not like the film for two reasons:

1. It takes place after the first movie, which the sequels made irrelevant.
    2. The movie has been put on DVD, and Netflix, and other places so that it isn't even special or unique any more.

I want to picket and chant and Universal Orlando "Hey hey, ho ho, Shrek 4-D has got to go..."
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I envy the fact that Hollywood is getting rid of Shrek. Personally I really do not like the film for two reasons:

1. It takes place after the first movie, which the sequels made irrelevant.
    2. The movie has been put on DVD, and Netflix, and other places so that it isn't even special or unique any more.

I want to picket and chant and Universal Orlando "Hey hey, ho ho, Shrek 4-D has got to go..."
    I agree completely... here is a situation where lack of space is actually helping improve USH compared to USO. You can bet that if we weren't pressed for space out here n the West Coast that that attraction would continue to overstay its welcome.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

I don't keep up with USH too much being on the east coast. Last night though, Jim Hill said something about the USH Potter plans being even bigger and more extravagant then what's going on in Florida. Obviously, I find this very hard to believe as what they are doing in USF is incredible. I thought USH only had FJ and Hogwart's coming, no? Anyone know what Jim Hill was talking about here?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    I don't keep up with USH too much being on the east coast. Last night though, Jim Hill said something about the USH Potter plans being even bigger and more extravagant then what's going on in Florida. Obviously, I find this very hard to believe as what they are doing in USF is incredible. I thought USH only had FJ and Hogwart's coming, no? Anyone know what Jim Hill was talking about here?
    There are a lot of things in flux. And there is a desire to create 2 different Potter experiences. So as timelines become firm, the plan will get locked down.

Right now things are simply fluctuating.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Under that tree again!

Last night though, Jim Hill said something about the USH Potter plans being even bigger and more extravagant then what's going on in Florida. Obviously, I find this very hard to believe as what they are doing in USF is incredible. I thought USH only had FJ and Hogwart's coming, no?
    While not a lot of details are out about what is being built now, USO, Tokyo and USH, the main thing is that IOA has a lot of problems in their Potter 1.0 land that the clones will fix.

It's too tight and overcrowded and the stores are too small. I suspect those issues will be fixed in the coming lands, and expansions.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• UUOP Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While not a lot of details are out about what is being built now, USO, Tokyo and USH, the main thing is that IOA has a lot of problems in their Potter 1.0 land that the clones will fix.

It's too tight and overcrowded and the stores are too small. I suspect those issues will be fixed in the coming lands, and expansions.

Well the WWOHP in IOA was made to be as authentic to the books and movies as possible, and why the IOA version is so critically praised is because it is so darn true to Harry's World. You literally walk in the movies. The only thing that will makes Japan's and Holly's versions better is that there won't be as much as a concern as the one in Florida. Before Harry Potter opened in IOA, Universal was not in great financial shape. Their owners (Blackstone) did not care a lot about Universal, their latest creation at the time Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit did not give USF a boost, and they did not have an immense budget to do all of the ideas. Now that Comcast fully owns Universal and that HP made UOR tons and tons of money, they now feel more confortable in creating new experiences now that money isn't a huge issue. Will the USH and USJ versions of Hogwarts be better? Absolutely, but because of JK Rowling, Hogsmeade and the rest of the Wizarding Worlds will be tight in order to keep with the authenticity of the books. Don't forget if Universal decides to go against JK at anytime, the Wizarding Worlds will vanish in a spell.
    Only Griffins fly high

• former CM

. . . Last night though, Jim Hill said something about the USH Potter plans being even bigger and more extravagant then what's going on in Florida. Obviously, I find this very hard to believe as what they are doing in USF is incredible. . .
    I hope Mr. Hill is correct.

Any March progress, anyone?

• Minion

From the limited understanding of construction that I have, it looks like the backstage underground utility work (between the backside of CityWalk and WW/Gibson) is coming to an end. Most of the steel plates have been removed and the gaps filled in with asphalt.

if you look at the vision plan, it seems like they are keeping the exterior of the gibson and building on the inside...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TSTLSOOM View Post
    if you look at the vision plan, it seems like they are keeping the exterior of the gibson and building on the inside...
    Universal Evolution Plan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123