Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Nic

Re: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NOVEMBER 1st at UNIVERSAL ORLANDO!

So annoying. They could have gone so many different, unique, routes, but they choose to clone a ride already in Hollywood, with a different exterior and queue. Hardly a "big announcement".
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    You mean the Major Annoucement? LOL. Well it's not as bad as the time Disney had a big announcement and it was just to announce their "Magic, Memories, and You" campaign.
    Or benches.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    So annoying. They could have gone so many different, unique, routes, but they choose to clone a ride already in Hollywood, with a different exterior and queue. Hardly a "big announcement".
    A new E-ticket is a big announcement, clone or not. Or at least it would be if everyone hadn't already known for ages. With that in mind, I'm not sure why you were still expecting something different.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I personally thought I would be disappointed, but I have to say I am so EXCITED! Video is coming!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Same ride system as Spiderman, virtually the same layout. Even with a different theme, the experience will be too Similar. And can someone STOP with the 3D glasses attractions!

The least Universal could have done, (if they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO use the same ride system) is to give you a variety of scenarios on the new attraction, similar to what Disney did with Star Tours! At least that will give a little bit more variety, and more ride repeatability. That's the next logical step. Universal MUST keep continue to improve upon what they have already done before, otherwise fans will start accusing Universal of being lazy. - They can do better than just a repeat.

And just because they are expanding Potter with new things, doesn't give them an excuse to be lazy with Transformers.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Same ride system as Spiderman, virtually the same layout. Even with a different theme, the experience will be too Similar. And can someone STOP with the 3D glasses attractions!
    Agreed!

Seriously, they need to stop cloning ride. I'm still mad that they are bringing Despicable me to Universal Studios Hollywood that ride is not even great.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Circle of Ancients

Most people will never ride the versions in Hollywood and Orlando. Very different markets. This is an AMAZING attraction and will be an amazing fit for the park. Yes it's the same ride system and similar layout to Spiderman, but honestly you don't even notice. I know I didn't. I just enjoyed the amazing ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Their layouts are completely different. Transformers is also a 2-story attraction, while Spider-Man is all on one level.

The possibility for multiple scenarios on a ride like Transformers is limited, as you don't spend the entire ride looking at a single screen. You have to go through the same real sets regardless, and whatever is shown on the screens has to match that.

As for being lazy, they're replacing an empty building with a major attraction, which is being built at an unprecedented pace. I wouldn't call that being lazy. This is really just to tide everyone over until Potter 2.0 anyway. Most other parks would've built something on a much smaller scale, or nothing at all until then.

In truth, this ride only exists because of surplus funds. The conversation probably went a little something like this:

"So we've made a little too much profit from our wizarding cash cow, and we'll lose all of it to taxes if it isn't spent soon. What do you wanna do with it?"

"Clone that uber popular attraction we recently opened in some of our other parks? And do it as quickly as possible?"

"Okey dokey."
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 11-01-2012 at 09:47 PM.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Most people will never ride the versions in Hollywood and Orlando. Very different markets. This is an AMAZING attraction and will be an amazing fit for the park. Yes it's the same ride system and similar layout to Spiderman, but honestly you don't even notice. I know I didn't. I just enjoyed the amazing ride.
    I agree. Transformers is a great ride and most people don't get to see both parks. This ride is going to be an amazing thing for both parks.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

So...let me get this straight...we must destroy this menace and save the world in 2013 before we can venture into the vaults of Gringotts...visit Weasley's Wizard Wheezes...eat at the Leaky Cauldron...or board the Hogwarts Express?

Whatever needs to be done...I suppose. The point is that Universal is on the move... continuing to grow, to expand, to improve. One wonders if they will be significantly expanding their wizarding merchandise once we are allowed into Diagon Alley...I sure hope Harry's favorite Ice Cream Parlor is going to be a part of this...I hope many of the shops will be open wide for us muggles to explore and enjoy. And I hope they once again strive for absolute authenticity and loyalty to the imagination of J.K. Rowling and the beauty and wonderful details found in the films. In short I hope Stuart Craig and his crew are very busy right now...

You know, a quick ride that shakes you up...bumps you around...and throws you out...is over in 5 or 10 brief minutes or less. We will be saving the world with the Transformers then wandering around to see if there is anything else in the world that might need our attention. The addition of Hogsmeade Village...and soon Diagon Alley brings a whole new level of immersion. Part of the magic of the Wizarding World is that it is not over in 5 or 10 brief minutes or less...oh, your flight with Harry and Ron over the castle may be, but there is soooo much more to be found, savored, and enjoyed beyond the forbidden journey.

Actually visiting the Wizarding World...that's the feeling you get in Hogsmeade...it isn't just about cheap thrills...it's about sooooo much more. You can sip butterbeer or pumpkin juice in the Hogshead...eat at the Three Broomsticks...window shop for the latest Gilderoy Lockhart books...cauldrons...wands...chocolate frogs...and soooo much more. There's real magic in bowing to the Hippogriff over at Hagrid's Hut you know or findin' the Weasley Family Car...in it's still wild state...out there deep in the forest...

All this is why I eagerly await the announcement concerning Harry Potter 2.0. The whole world is looking forward not just to the rides involved but to soooo much more.

Meanwhile...bring on the robots...if we must save the world first before we can explore the vaults of Gringotts...so be it. However brief the experience may be...at least it's something different for the Orlando Parks...something new.

By the way...I love Universal Studio's Monster Cafe. I hope they clean up the clips in there...make them High Def...of those great old horror classics. A store dedicated to those wonderful Universal Monsters of long ago would also prove quite popular too I believe. With a little imagination...the youngun's of today might just fall in love with Frankenstein, the Wolfman, the Mummy...etc in all their black and white glory. Now there would be a ride possibility...a tour of Frankenstein's castle...the foggy woods of the wolfman...the original black and white mummy. A slow ride...one that doesn't jerk you around, but celebrates the artistry of those great black and white classics... Not every experience at the park has to be about cheap, roller coaster thrills... A relaxing ride into the horrors of the past might just prove itself to be mighty popular to those of us who weren't born last Thursday...and even the young folks might enjoy those wonderful old classics... But, keep color out of it...a large part of the magic was in that glorious black and white, light and darkness, sunshine and shadows... and the mysterious classic music found in those wonderful old soundtracks... Today, all these elements would surely be a wonderful, refreshing change from the loud rock and roll noise found in the jerky coasters and such...

I would urge Universal Studios visitors to spend a few quiet minutes in the Frankenstein or Dracula rooms of the Monster Cafe. It was a highlight of my visit to the studios in early October...sippin' iced tea in air conditioned comfort, lookin' at those wonderfu 8 x 10s, posters, film clips and such...and...well...just rememberin'...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-01-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Blog Entries

I'm excited. I may be back in Singapore again in a few years for business and have a chance to visit Universal there again, but it will be a few years before I make it out to California with the family to visit the theme parks there (waiting for my son to get a bit older) so I'm happy to get great rides like that here. I don't want the parks to be absolute clones of one another, but there's enough different between the two right now that I'm fine with the ride being cloned.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Lets recap 2012 at Universal Orlando

Despicable Me opens up
    spiderman is reanimated and updated
    hollywood drive in mini golf opens.
    new parade opens.
    new night time show.
    new character dining experience.
    Simpsons midway games

it has been an amazing year at universal Orlando!

so after all that we get Transformers for 2013
    springfield
    maybe changes to the kidzone

with diagon alley, seuss landing expansions, new hotel, new water park all on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Yeah.....kinda like the Little Mermaid clone at Magic Kingdom.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I just don't understand how anyone can view this in a negative way. Transformers isn't going t be the ONLY new thing at USF like New Fantasyland.

Transformers is simply the warm up act to Diagon Alley, and many other new experiences.

This is AMAZING.

You guy's should know and i'm not spamming but it's a fanmade universal park and it will have transformers in this project but a diffrent version as I update tomorow but check the topic [Rct3] Universal Studios Kansas at digital gaming.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123