Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

This is Universal, Disney's chief competitor... if they need to make custom-built simulators for USH's DM then I think they can afford it.

From what I've heard, it's a direct clone with one difference: two theaters instead of one. No dance party, but that'll be made up by the minion play area slotted to be installed on the graveyard of the coke soak. I believe that Cyber Grill is slated to be shuttered as a possibility for the new upper lot employee cafeteria. (once Potter starts heavy construction they'll need a new one)

Not sure how it'll be themed but they're probably aiming for a November/December 2013 opening. A small project involving the old Wild West venue will debut for the summer, but the marketing for the park will still revolve mostly around Transformers. HHN and John Murdy himself is going to have to get very creative because most of the areas they usually use will be completely unusable by all of the construction/new things.

The next few years are going to be interesting for USH, specifically the upper lot. The lower lot, sans minor changes with the adjusting Transformers, will stay relatively the same.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    One could say the same thing about any attraction. I have ridden Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, Pirates well over 200 times each, and I know them inside and out, and am sooooo bored with them.

While I do marvel at the scale, and it is wonderful and all... the gags don't work, I can recite the entire audio, and I know instantly when something isn't working.
    And same goes for any ride...well ever to say Tramsformers or Spiderman has more staying power then Pirates or HM...is crazy screen while cool are just the "new" cheaper tech....sets will always amazing because they had to be built ground up and are REAL and your eyes can tell that the ship is real and that the Robot you see on screen is not....

Transformers seems cool now but in 20 years will be feeling much older then Pirates does now

• HYDRA

^they can do "Spider-Man style" redue like they did this year
    Or they can put in a new. Ride with the same ride system and layout
    Last edited by mratigan; 12-18-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    And same goes for any ride...well ever to say Tramsformers or Spiderman has more staying power then Pirates or HM...is crazy screen while cool are just the "new" cheaper tech....sets will always amazing because they had to be built ground up and are REAL and your eyes can tell that the ship is real and that the Robot you see on screen is not....

Transformers seems cool now but in 20 years will be feeling much older then Pirates does now
    Spiderman is around 15 years old and it's still pretty damn amazing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Agreed! And since they just upgraded and reanimated the entire ride this year, it is good for another 15 years.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stitch101 View Post
    I'm obviously in a minority here, but I hate Despicable Me. The ride is way too over-commercialized, the "story" lacks any kind of believability, the sentimentality is way too forced, and overall the attraction is devoid of that same sense of magic and emotional connection that made USF's past rides so compelling. I'll even go as far as to say that I found Nicktoon Blast to be the superior ride, despite the fact that it suffered from having extremely narrow appeal. At least JNNB actually took a few creative risks and had a wider scope and ambition (even though it didn't completely live up to it). DM is an improvement on a technical level, but it embarrassingly fails in every other aspect.

Honestly, Universal would have been better off keeping Hanna-Barbera and just updating it with today's technology.

If they really are going to clone it to USH, they should at least theme the building to look like the neighborhood Gru lives in, rather than tackily drop a house in front of a soundstage like USF did. But it's going to take a lot more than that to make me ever enjoy that dreadful ride.
    Let's hope for a different Disnpicable Me attraction for USH that will have more of an emotional feel/connection.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

am I the only one sad they are getting rid of Terminator?!!?

it's better than any of the 3D at DLR. (Muppets, Captain eo are boring but bugs 3d is too short)

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    From what I've heard, it's a direct clone with one difference: two theaters instead of one. No dance party, but that'll be made up by the minion play area slotted to be installed on the graveyard of the coke soak. I believe that Cyber Grill is slated to be shuttered as a possibility for the new upper lot employee cafeteria. (once Potter starts heavy construction they'll need a new one)

Not sure how it'll be themed but they're probably aiming for a November/December 2013 opening.
    This is disappointing, but was the most probable scenario.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Let's hope for a different Disnpicable Me attraction for USH that will have more of an emotional feel/connection.
    How does it lack an emotional connection? I feel the sentiment is effective, not forced, and it has more sincere heart than any other Universal attraction.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    How does it lack an emotional connection? I feel the sentiment is effective, not forced, and it has more sincere heart than any other Universal attraction.
    I agree the attraction is incredibly moving. The main plot point is that they want to celebrate the day they became a family.

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    am I the only one sad they are getting rid of Terminator?!!?
    you are not he only one sad...........
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I'm not saying its a bad ride I love it...but at the ened of the day its screen over physical props and buildings....and those for me always trump what I can tell is 100% fake

• Minion

Hmm idk if I like 3d or a real set. Example, King Kong before the fire vs the 360 3d.. Which is better??

buzz lighter vs toy story mania. Which is more fun

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm not saying its a bad ride I love it...but at the ened of the day its screen over physical props and buildings....and those for me always trump what I can tell is 100% fake
    In the end, I think it is all about story telling, and all about how "I" fit into that story. In pirates of the Caribbean you are almost a ghost like observer of events taking place, on Spiderman you are a part of the story. The characters interact with you (by means of the ride vehicle).

So while I will always love Pirates of the Caribbean the same way I will always love Gone with the Wind and Citizen Kane, when it comes to experiences I want and crave to experience over and over again, Universal Orlando has those for me.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^and that;s fine for people to say its your favorite ride...heck my FAVORITE Disneyland ride is Splash but to me there is a difference for what my favorite is and what the best is.....I know Splash is just something I like but I know SOOO many people who just love Pirates and I appreciate sets over....CGI since its just so much more common to see things on a screen.

I would be about 1,000 times more excited if they were building some that was not another screen since...well that's all we see at Universal now...Simpsons, Transformers and Kong.....that another reason I like Water World its REAL, the people practice its not just a pre-programmed video

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast