Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    am I the only one sad they are getting rid of Terminator?!!?

it's better than any of the 3D at DLR. (Muppets, Captain eo are boring but bugs 3d is too short)
    I love Terminator and Arnold, I just feel it's time to create another Arnold centered attraction elsewhere in the Uni parks. Now that he's getting his movie career started again, I'm sure he will become a part of another awesome film franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I agree the attraction is incredibly moving. The main plot point is that they want to celebrate the day they became a family.
    Your point is absolutely correct. That said, I'd much rather see a version featuring actual humans.

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    How does it lack an emotional connection? I feel the sentiment is effective, not forced, and it has more sincere heart than any other Universal attraction.
    Although It's fine for a CGI film, a human adaptation would be more emotionally captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I agree the attraction is incredibly moving. The main plot point is that they want to celebrate the day they became a family.
    Your point is absolutely correct. That said, I'd much rather see a version featuring actual humans.

How does it lack an emotional connection? I feel the sentiment is effective, not forced, and it has more sincere heart than any other Universal attraction.
    Although It's fine for a CGI film, a human adaptation would be more emotionally captivating.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-19-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

Your point is absolutely correct. That said, I'd much rather see a version featuring actual humans. Although It's fine for a CGI film, a human adaptation would be more emotionally captivating.
    Have you seen Despicable Me? It's a computer animated film. Why would they try to make it live action?

• HYDRA

will we hear it announced on the 31??
    will they use the same building or demo it??????
    so many questions !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mratigan; 12-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Have you seen Despicable Me? It's a computer animated film. Why would they try to make it live action?
    I just feel there is an overabundance of animation based uni park attractions - computer generated or otherwise. While I'm certain that i will be crazy about the upcoming computer animated Dispicable Me at Uni, I would nevertheless prefer a human version, or one that includes both computer animation and humans.

Whatever the case may be, I hope we get a completely new storyline, and innovative new elements. As aforementioned, a ride (as opposed to a screan-based attraction) would rock my computer world!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Doombuggy Rider

I will miss T2-3D (it was an innovative attraction for its time), yet I will frown upon the fact that a majority of Universal Studios Hollywood's rides / attractions are almost all "virtual" (until Hogworts arrives, hopefully with another roler coaster & new dining area) ....

I hope those Stan Winston design Terminators are saved & put on display @ USH's Museum (don't lose those marvels of old school practical special effects). Yes, the show building is larger - but that could easily mean a larger Gift Shop post ride (because you know those plushy unicorns will sell, sell, sell) - or a more elaborate queue line ...

Either way? The Minions are coming in 2013 -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Seems like such a waste of space to creat a simulator ride with another play area. The area where Terminator and the coke thing is seems to be bigger than the building the mummy uses and also seems bigger than the building the transformer uses.

seems like instead of taking out attractions which will diminish capacity they should just gut out the old western arena and build despicable me there. That whole area seems to be big enough for a good size show building with simulators and if more space is needed then just remove the smal studio way pathway and ugly carnival games that are or used to be themed to the flinstones.

the upper lot really needs a complete overhaul that would fix the aweful layout and use the valuable land more efficiently

• Circle of Ancients

I still say building yet another movie/simulator ride at USH is horribly short-sighted.

I love Despicable Me and wasn't a huge fan of T2:3D so I'm fine with the replacement in theory, just not fine with just doing another film based attraction. I'd like Universal to think out of the box and bring a quality family dark ride to the park (finally). But it's not going to happen.

• HYDRA

Well Universal makes movies and this is the movie capital of the world
    but yes they need a nice dark ride

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, it's not like it's another simulator movie. It's basically keeping the count the same by exchanging T2 for Despicable Me. However, with rumors of Shrek 4D being removed for Hogwarts, the count may go down. So, right now there are 3, right? Shrek, T2, and the Simpsons. Well...I guess Transformers, but it's not quite the same, even if it does use screens.

Also, the area where T2 is has structural limitations. Since it's the roof of the parking structure, they have to allow for weight constraints on that area. The Wild West arena would really be a good place for expansion, but for whatever reason, they decided not to use that.

• HYDRA

^they are putting a park area and stage this summer

• Circle of Ancients

I don't think weight is an issue. I'm no structural engineer but I actually think a dark ride with less people going through at the same time than a full theater would be lighter.

Plus, earthquake codes being what they are in CA probably means that structure could hold quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Seems like such a waste of space to creat a simulator ride with another play area. The area where Terminator and the coke thing is seems to be bigger than the building the mummy uses and also seems bigger than the building the transformer uses.

seems like instead of taking out attractions which will diminish capacity they should just gut out the old western arena and build despicable me there. That whole area seems to be big enough for a good size show building with simulators and if more space is needed then just remove the smal studio way pathway and ugly carnival games that are or used to be themed to the flinstones.

the upper lot really needs a complete overhaul that would fix the aweful layout and use the valuable land more efficiently
    They're doing just that. Few areas won't be touched on the upper lot (safe to say the recently re-designed Baker Street strips will remain in place) in the next four years.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Again for anyone who misses Terminator 2: 3-D please feel free to visit Orlando! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345