Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

There's quite a bit more area at USH's Terminator Building to house Dispicable Me than the one at USF. This leaves me to wonder if the ride and queue will be pretty much a clone in terms of dementions and elements. I'm thinking that it's a definite possibility that the queue and actual set at USH might be larger and more elaborate. There may even be expansive new show elements added. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-12-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

Here are my thoughts:

Despicable Me will have the benefit of not being shoe horned into an existing attraction... UNLESS... UNLESS... they decide that this attraction is suitable for the vibrating seating platform that Terminator has, and it is simply fit into that system.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: With Dispicable Me Building Larger At USH, Will Ride Be More Elaborate Than USF?

I think of since the next film will come out a new exprience with orlando's ride system will happen and incorpreate new effects
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Circle of Ancients

I really wish they'd do something different and not just another film attraction that USH certainly doesn't need.

It would be nice if USH would get a traditional dark ride instead. That building is more than big enough for it.

• Minion

When will the ride open?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Here are my thoughts:

Despicable Me will have the benefit of not being shoe horned into an existing attraction... UNLESS... UNLESS... they decide that this attraction is suitable for the vibrating seating platform that Terminator has, and it is simply fit into that system.
    Utilizing Terminater's vibrating seats for Dispicable Me would be great...although I would prefer full-motion theater seats.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    I think of since the next film will come out a new exprience with orlando's ride system will happen and incorpreate new effects
    It would be a significant mistake if Disney tried to rehash the same exact storyline with the second film not being all that far away.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I really wish they'd do something different and not just another film attraction that USH certainly doesn't need.

It would be nice if USH would get a traditional dark ride instead. That building is more than big enough for it.
    What a Dispicably awesome idea! A dark ride version of Dispicable Me would rock me and the minions to no end!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    When will the ride open?
    There's a movie poster recently released that states the film will be released in the summer of 2013. I think logic dictates that the ride could begin construction within a few months afterward, and open late 201 or at some point in 2014.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-12-2012 at 11:54 AM.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Here are my thoughts:

This has been my fear for quite a while now. I'm a fan of the attraction in USF but I hate that all of the simulators are essentially in one room and quite frankly I could do without ANOTHER film based attraction at USH.

I like Despicable Me as a replacement for T2 3D, but I hope we are getting something original. A huge room full of visible simulators gets a big "no thanks" from me.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Utilizing Terminater's vibrating seats for Dispicable Me would be great...although I would prefer full-motion theater seats.
    Great? Having vibrating seats instead of a motion simulator would be an unimaginable downgrade. Luckily for you, I'd expect it to be the same experience we have here. It really is a surprisingly enjoyable ride, given the fact that it uses an old, recycled ride system. I prefer it to Simpsons, and also Star Tours 2.0. It's much more basic than those two with how it's set up, but the film makes all the difference for me. It's just more entertaining. Oh, and it doesn't make me sick like those rides do.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Great? Having vibrating seats instead of a motion simulator would be an unimaginable downgrade. Luckily for you, I'd expect it to be the same experience we have here. It really is a surprisingly enjoyable ride, given the fact that it uses an old, recycled ride system. I prefer it to Simpsons, and also Star Tours 2.0. It's much more basic than those two with how it's set up, but the film makes all the difference for me. It's just more entertaining. Oh, and it doesn't make me sick like those rides do.
    Well, it will definitely be a motion simulor experience - or, as previously discussed, hopefully a full-fledged ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    This has been my fear for quite a while now. I'm a fan of the attraction in USF but I hate that all of the simulators are essentially in one room and quite frankly I could do without ANOTHER film based attraction at USH.

I like Despicable Me as a replacement for T2 3D, but I hope we are getting something original. A huge room full of visible simulators gets a big "no thanks" from me.
    Agreed! Our attraction at USH should be as far away from a cloned genra experience as possible.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post

This is why I am skeptical we will get an exact clone. The ride system at USF is OLD. Really old. I mean we are talking about a simulator system developed almost 25 years ago. Why would USH spend all of that money to completely tear down and rebuild the Terminator facility just to put in a stale technology?

IF they are going to tear down that building as a part of the process, I'd have to imagine they would have the money to make substantive some changes to the ride system. IF, on the other hand, they are just putting simulators into the Terminator theater, then count me not interested.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    This is why I am skeptical we will get an exact clone. The ride system at USF is OLD. Really old. I mean we are talking about a simulator system developed almost 25 years ago. Why would USH spend all of that money to completely tear down and rebuild the Terminator facility just to put in a stale technology?

IF they are going to tear down that building as a part of the process, I'd have to imagine they would have the money to make substantive some changes to the ride system. IF, on the other hand, they are just putting simulators into the Terminator theater, then count me not interested.
    Maybe it's a difference of opinion, but I don't think the ride system is that bad. It's a pretty basic setup, but it still does the job. I mean it's not like the motion bases are somehow deficient. They're just old. And the new 3-D glasses largely fix the previous issue of being able to see the other vehicles, by blocking most of your peripheral vision. They wouldn't have to use an exact clone of what was built for USF 20 years ago (I'm not sure DM even uses all of the original parts) but I don't think it's out of the question for them to use a newer installation that does the same things (I'm sure plenty of companies still make such basic simulators.)

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I used to think of Hanna-Barbera and Jimmy Neutron as "kiddie" simulators because of how they were set up. Mediocre C-ticket attractions at best. I could probably count how many times I rode Neutron on one hand. But the ride system can't be the problem, because I like Despicable Me enough to consider it a solid D-ticket in terms of quality. I even prefer it over similar, but much larger attractions that are supposed to be anchors for their respective parks.

I don't know how large USH's Terminator theater is, since I've never been in it, but I don't see how they would realistically be able to do anything too different, given the nature of the attraction. I can guarantee they'll want to recycle the stuff that was used in our version, including the film. That doesn't give you many options.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 12-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast