• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Universal Orlando serves 5 MILLIONTH butterbeer!

Universal Orlando Resort and its guests today celebrated the five-millionth serving of Butterbeer – the incredibly popular themed beverage sold within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

One thousand guests were given complimentary Butterbeers to mark the moment, with many of them sporting “Butterbeer mustaches.”

Since first being served to guests in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in June 2010, Butterbeer has become one of the most anticipated and popular guest experiences at Universal Orlando Resort. Since the grand opening, Universal has added a fourth Butterbeer serving location within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to accommodate the high demand by guests.

Butterbeer appears as a favorite drink in the Harry Potter books and films, and Universal’s creative and culinary teams set out to create the beverage as yet another authentic experience within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The recipe for the non-alcoholic drink is a closely held secret – but the taste is reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch and the beverage is served cold or frozen.

“We created an authentic taste experience for our guests to complement all of the other immersive experiences The Wizarding World of Harry Potter would offer them,” said Ric Florell, senior vice president of resort revenue operations and the executive who oversaw the development of Butterbeer. “We knew we had created something that tasted great and would be popular – but we have been surprised by just how popular.”
    So 5,000,000 X $3.50 = $17,500,000 (that isn't even counting souvenir cups!

As a massive massive massive butterbeer fan, I am so thrilled it is popular, and I look forward to continuing to drink it for years to come, and can't wait to see it reach the over 100,000,000 served!
    Last edited by KingEric; 12-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Doombuggy Rider

Re: Universal Orlando serves 5 MILLIONTH butterbeer!

That has to be an on par money maker with the Dole Whip in Adventureland (and I sure could use a ButterBeer now) ....

Merry Christmas Everyone -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Bring them over here to CA....we want them BAD too and will double there profits

• HYDRA

they come with potter
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com