Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast Episode 48 topic.

Hi everyone,
    on our next episode, out on the 18th of January, we will be discussing what will be new at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida, this year and what we can expect to see in the coming years.

We hope you will join us and also join in the discussion on the Episode 48 thread that will go up here on the same day.

See you then guys.

Re: Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast Episode 48 topic.

I think Marvel Island will go in the next couple of years. To be replaced with the D C universe. Dragon challenge in Harry Potter World will close this year to make way for the train station from Universal Studios. Here's my bold prediction, Jurassic Park will close & be rethemed into The Lord of the Rings. The rides can be easily rethemed with a bit of story telling. Jurassic Park River adventure could be changed to tell the story of Frodo & Sam's Journey. Pteranodon Flyers could be changed to Flying with Gandalf & the Eagles. Camp Jurassic could be rethemed to The Shire but like Honey I shrunk the Play Area in Hollywood Studios everything could be large so you shrink down to the size of a hobbit. Remember Bilbo Baggins Fire works at his Birthday Party? Well there's the night time show for Islands of Adventure? What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcl1973 View Post
    I think Marvel Island will go in the next couple of years. To be replaced with the D C universe.
    Marvel isn't going anywhere. It's a perfectly lucrative property. And Six Flags has the rights to DC.

Dragon challenge in Harry Potter World will close this year to make way for the train station from Universal Studios.
    The train station is being built behind and underneath Dragons, so it may have to close temporarily, but it's not being replaced.

Here's my bold prediction, Jurassic Park will close & be rethemed into The Lord of the Rings.
    Nope. Jurassic Park is being expanded in 2014, to coincide with the release of the fourth film.

Yeah, we've heard Jurassic Park will be getting an addition soon. Until Disney have something Universal want, Marvel won't be going anywhere, I could see a LOTR style fireworks show going on. I do think Dragon Challenge will go, as it just isn't the coaster it was and doesn't demand any sort of line. It's a big plot of land to expand in to.
    We will find our more on our next show.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Well there are two possibilities that I can see for JP. They can either use the space behind the restaurant that by the River Adventure splashdown area or using the area that's currently occupied by the Triceratops Encounter which is only opperated seasonaly now. Personally, I think the Dragons will still be with us a few more years given the money that was spent retheming it and buying new components for all the trains if not buying all new trains for the coasters.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America