Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast Episode 48 Discussion

Hi everyone,
    Have you listened to Episode 48?
    Then go and do it.
    We want to get some discussion on the things we talked abut on the show.

We look forward to joining in.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Unfficial Universal Orlando Podcast Episode 48 Discussion

A Great podcast! Good job! two thumbs up!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• UUOP Minion

Hello Lee! This was a great podcast, but let me touch on a couple of things.

I have to start with the Ferris wheel at Simpsons and say from my source it's totally false. It will be a spinner based on the aliens from the Simpsons.

From what I heard, the next family addition for IOA will be either a Jurassic Park expansion or Mt. Crumpit. It can't be both, and I believe the JP expansion will have more traction with the 4th film coming. For now unfortunately, Mt. Crumpit is again on the back burner as the Jurassic Park expansion, if the rumors are true, will include a family amber mine coaster, a new family dark ride attached to the Discovery Center, and a Camp Jurassic expansion. Now apparently all of that is supposed to be where Triceratops Encounter is now, but we will see when Universal says something about this. For now, this is a full blown rumor.

According to top industry insiders, The Lord of the Rings rights do not belong to Universal, and they have no idea where these rumors came from. They might be talking, but they don't have the rights. Period.

Finally, I don't think we should look at Transformers and say how this effects Spiderman in a bad point of view. We should be looking at this in a good point of view. I would imagine while making the 3D for Transformers, someone at Universal Creative had to have an idea about using this high quality 3D and putting it into Spiderman, because the things Universal couldn't do to Spiderman in 1999 can be done now, and I feel that Spiderman needed this upgrade in order to bring in Transformers. It just makes sense to me.

Again thanks for a great show. I love listening to Jim!

Thanks for the reply themackmachine, as none of this has been announced by Universal, it is all speculation at this point. We all know how things in bluesky can change with the wind, you only have to look at what was announced for the fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom and see what it has become to know that things can drastically change from concept to realisation.
    Unfortunately, we will all have to wait until universal see fit to let us in.
    Thanks for the comments though, I hope we can get some real discussions going.

I have not visited Florida in a long while, but hidden Death Eaters in the Forbidden Ride was interesting. Is there any photo of that hidden scene anywhere?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I'd have to agree with you on the Ferris Wheel. The foot print for a nice looking wheel is going to be fairly big. Even the traveling carnival wheels are quite big and I just don't think there's enough room there in front of the Simpsons ride to accommodate a Ferris Wheel.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

Hey Kraken, I'm it sure as far as pictures go, I shall look into it.
    Coasterjunkie, as Jim said we will find out soon enough if there will be a ferris wheel as it will have to be installed very soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am personally not convinced any flat ride is coming. The for print for either a Ferris wheel or a spinner in a themed environment are both pretty decent. Also when you look at the ground work done which you will see in this weeks park hooper it see,s the ground work being done is for duff gardens park like area, but if there was a flat ride going in, it could only be a Ferris wheel
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

All of the reliable sources say it's a spinner.