• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast Episode 50 Discussion

Steven Jason is such an incredible person! I love the food at Universal Orlando!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Was this official Jurassic Park announcement from Universal then? So those rides are certain? I would have loved that you guys had speculated more about the new rides in Jurassic Park, but I presume more to come in future, perhaps with Jim Hill?

Also, entirely different subject. I too fear my glasses dropping on rollercoster like rides, but is it a real concern if we are not talking something obviously extreme? At least my glasses are really light titanium, and weight practically nothing. Has anyone have actually had their glasses to drop in coaster? (not talking of sunglasses).

Fear of dropping things in the rides, how about that as one of the subjects in future podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Was this official Jurassic Park announcement from Universal then? So those rides are certain?
    No, they were discussing a rumor that came from Orlando United (misattributed to Theme Park Review.) An expansion of some sort is supposedly greenlit, but none of the details have been confirmed by Universal. There's also been a bit of rumor flip-flopping since that article was released.

http://orlandounited.com/2013/01/16/...-bet-jurassic/
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-18-2013 at 02:44 PM.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Sounds like I need to bring my camcorder and document as much of JP as possible. I'm glad I got a video of the Triceratops Encounter when I did.
    Last edited by Coasterjunkie; 02-17-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Add a YouTube video

This link will definitely spoil the magic, so click only if you want to see someone snaking behind the scenes of the closed Triceratops area:

Islands of Adventure Triceratops Encounter Behind the Scenes Backstage Tour - YouTube

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I loved the Trikes so much. Personally I wish they could have figured out a way to tweak the show enough to make it work.

However I welcome these changes, and I think it will make that land a much larger draw.

I look forward to an announcement from Universal someday! lol Heck springfield is almost done and there is still no announcement.

No Kraken, these are all currently just rumours.
    Thanks JtnOrl, it was a friend of ours that gave us the article and told us it was from TPR, no harm done.
    As I said on the show, it's not that I don't like the Jurassic Park area, it's just that there is nothing thetre to hold my attention once I have ridden the River Adventure, so I would welcome these additions, although I'm disappointed We've never seen the Trike encounter, maybe they will reuse the animatronics.
    I'm sure the subject will come under more discussion as we move through the year and closer to the release of JP4.
    On the subject of fears of dropping things on rides, we could defintitely look to cover something like that in the future. Tracey wears glasses and always take a sports strap when we go to the theme parks, so she can enjoy the ride and not worry about losing her glasses.

What did you guys think of the Mardi Gras review?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I thought it was pretty good. I personally was glad to hear the Executive Chef saying that nothing is frozen and everything is a fresh as possible. I loved the comment refering to the water in Mexico.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

Enjoyed the show as always. Thanks for taking the time to talk about my Wizarding World of Harry Potter phase 2.0 article guys!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterjunkie View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. I personally was glad to hear the Executive Chef saying that nothing is frozen and everything is a fresh as possible. I loved the comment refering to the water in Mexico.
    I agree! This has rekindled my love of the food at Universal Orlando! There are some truly terrific quick service food items for sale there that are incredible.

• UUOP Minion

It was a great episode. Now what I heard about the JP Expansion is that the Discovery Cove dark ride is not in the plans. And most of the construction crew from Transformers will be working on the expansion once Transformers is open. Once it soft opens, we can see some construction prepping.

And if you want to listen to a good Jurassic Park discussion, listen to derekburgan's new podcast the Universal Now! podcast.
    Only Griffins fly high

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well a lot of things are in flux with the JP expansion. With Universal a lot of the projects are a lot more fluid than at Disney. There are much bigger last minute changes with Universal projects.

So we could see things moved in and out of this plan for a while, until they actually lock the plan.