• Certified in everything

Hogwarts Express

This week's update got me thinking... do we have ANY official details on this attraction? I mean, do we even know if it will employ conventional railroad tracks/ what will be done to obscure views of backstage? I remember a while back there being some discussion of a Kong 360 3D type of experience on the train, but haven't really heard anything since, and it hasn't appeared that any large scale construction has started backstage between the parks. I doubt this will be a bland train ride through backstage buildings, so what are the juicy details of this project, if any exist?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: Hogwarts Express

Don't know what sort of track they're using, other than it being raised, but you won't see backstage. The "windows" are screens using some sort of new tech that allows depth without 3-D glasses. There's also in-cabin effects involved. You'll get a different experience for each direction.

As for construction, they've erected a few track supports so far, behind Mummy. Nothing big.

• New Member Goes Forth

I would like it to be a real steam train. Maybe they will large tunnel that will show the journey between London and Hogsmede. or the carriage windows could be clear, so you can see out, but become screens for the journey.

Either eway, Universal are making us fans ask more questions about attractions, which is good. Has WDW been doing that recently...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Yeah the support structures are giant for it. I haven't heard anything new since I heard about the bid for the windows that turn into screens.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Blog Entries

This will be interesting. Years ago Disney proposed an attraction like this in Epcot, although I don't remember the details on it. However in one of the countries (It may have been Japan) you would have entered a bullet train that would have taken you through the countryside of Japan which you would have viewed through screens on the windows as you passed by. I'm sure the tech simply wasn't there for it to work well at the time, I'm interested to see how it works now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Yeah it would have been the Bullet Train tour though Japan. The difference between that and this, is that Japan one would have been a stationary train that simulated movement. This will be a moving train with a simulated journey.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• New Member Goes Forth

What ever it is, it will be awsome. More innovative than WDW at the moment
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).