Universal studios tips please!!!

Hi everyone, I am a Brit who has never been to Universal Studios, I got a gift to go there this week as a birthday present primarily because I am a Harry Potter fan. So excited! I have only ever been to two themes parks (Chessington world of adventures and Disneyland Paris - that was a disappointment.) so I am a bit green to all this. I have been doing my research on what the best rides to and I wondered whether any one can give advice or tips on:

1) What rides to definetly go on- We would like to draw up a plan of attack as we have only three days and will be spending half of each day at the park ( I would really like to try one water ride and oh.. I am not a roller coaster kind of girl...I am convinced I will have a heart attack

2) Best places to eat for breakfast at the park. Is Mythos restaurant the most amazing place to eat as everyone makes out it is?

3) For the forbidden journey ride, would they let you on if you have a satchel strapped tightly to you or would you have to use a locker?

4) Planning to go to the wizarding world o HP on Friday is that a worse day to go than Sunday?

5) How best to approach the park..as I said, I have only three days and I would like to make the best of it.

Oh and I am staying at the Hyatt Regency so any tips about that is welcome too!

Any help is very much appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Venny

Re: Universal studios tips please!!!

Ok, lets go. :-)
    1) best water ride - Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and you will get WET!!!
    Lets go to IOA first.
    If your not a Coaster girl then no Hulk for you and i would assume the Dr Doom drop tower is not your thing either.
    So Spiderman is AMAZING!!!! DO NOT MISS IT.
    Bilge Rat Barges, as i said.
    The entire of the Wizarding world, but probably not Dragon Challenge(double coaster),
    Sinbad.
    Poseidons Fury and dont miss the Mystic Fountain ;-)
    All of Seuss Landing and if you'r looking for a great place to eat in IOA, then you can't go wrong with Mythos.
    Over to USF.
    Shrek is ok, Despicable Me is a must do,
    Miss Twister.
    I know yourt not a coaster girl, but if you can do small coasters, The Revenge of The Mummy is awesome.
    Disaster is good,
    Men In Black is a must ride (multiple times)
    Dont miss the Simpsons or E.T, its old and dated but a classic.
    The Horror Make Up show is fun and don't miss Terminator 2 3D.
    And still till late and catch Universals Cinematic Spectacular.

2) Breakfast is an awkward one, most places don't open till later but ive heard great things about the Superstar Character Breakfast (Hop, Dora and Deigo, Spongebob and Minions)
    Mythos is great, but i dont think the menu is as good as it used to be, but you have to make up your own choice.

3) I have not ridden FJ yet, but knowing how Universal have been over the last few years and especially since the incedences on Dragon Challenge, I would xpect them to make you put it in a locker.

4) Generally I think Sundays are quieter than fridays, as its usually the cross over point of people leaving and people arriving.
    Have you heard of Touring plans?
    They can give you the crowd levels for each day of the year, so you would be able to see how busy the parks are on any given day, not just for UOR, but for WDW too.

5) Visit the WWoHP first thing then get out and do the rest of the park and then head back after about 5, to see Hogwarts at night.
    Honestly, there is not much as far as a strategy for UOR, buy express pass, if its going to be very busy.
    But honestly, Touring Plans could be money very well spent and its only $5 or so for a Universal subscription, there's the crowd calenders, all the dining menus, + touring plans (a plan of how to best tackle the parks tailored to you).
    Also, listen to our podcast, you'll pick up plenty off hints and tips, you can find it at htt://uuopodcast.libsyn.com or on itunes we're the unofficial universal orlando podcast.
    Hope you have a great time and we want to hear all aboiut it when you get back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

What Lee said! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• former CM

UUOPLee, well done! Thanks!

• New Member Goes Forth

Lee has has it the nail on the head
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

All hail LEE! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

*insert majestic fanfare here*