Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Day at Islands of Adventure

During my week's vacation in Florida, I spent one day at Universal Orlando's Island of Adventure. I had planned to do two days, at the two parks, but it just did not play out that way. I had plenty of time during my one day there to see and do everything that interested me, and it was all in the Islands of Adventure Park. The rest of my party went back for a 2nd day, I chose to return to Magic Kingdom for an additional day instead.

So, I will post my pictures here.

Not too much commentary. Mostly photos. I will let them tell their own story.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: My Day at Islands of Adventure

I will be showing these pictures in chronological order. This first batch is at the entrance to Islands of Adventure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

But Barbarann I want to hear more about your experience!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I toured Islands of Adventure Counter Clockwise, which meant that Dr. Seuss Land was the first Land that I went through. I actually spent over an hour there, doing all the attractions. It was a lot of fun, and I got a lot of pictures. The best of those are coming up next.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    But Barbarann I want to hear more about your experience!
    Just for you, and anyone else who has a mind to take the time, and read.

I went to Universal with three other people. Their main objective was to head straight to the new Harry Potter ride, and ride it as quickly as possible. My objective on the other hand was quite different. So, after parking in preferred parking, we all headed for the entrance to the park. Islands of Adventure is where Harry Potter is located. However, there are a few other lands situated between the entrance and the Harry Potter area, and I intended to take my time. So, when we arrived at the entrance, I sent them ahead. They wern't walking with me anyway. If I sound bitter about that fact, it is because I am . Here it was my vacation originally, and I invited them along. We had 2 days to do it all, and see it all, and they could at least walk with me.

I started counterclockwise, and enjoyed all of the attractions in Dr. Seuss Land. I love Dr. Seuss. I read the books to my children. So, here I was in the land, and I felt like I was inside the books. It was a great experience for me. I am one of those people who can actually visit a themepark alone and have a marvelous time. I was having a marvelous time. No one rushing me, or scowling because I was taking too many pictures.

Once I got my fill of the characters, and atmosphere of Dr. Seuss Land, I proceded to the next area. That is the section called The Lost Continent, and I found nothing to my liking there, so I took some photographs, and proceded to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I was blown away! I had seen pictures of this before, but seeing it in person, was very special and exciting. The weather was very nice that day, and it was not really that crowded. I soon discovered that the ride was only a 30 minute wait. I received text messages from two members of my party cautioning me "not to ride the ride" They know me. They know my limitations, and what I will, and will not ride. I have seen video of the ride, and read indept reviews. I had my mind made up way before entering the park, what I planned on doing when I got to the entrance of Hogwarts Castle. However, I was hungry, and so after a quick look see with my camera out, I proceded to Jurassic Park, where I had lunch. I had bought the Meal Deal, and I was able to eat there, using the plan. It was there that I connected up with my fellow travelers.

The went on and on about the ride, and we had a friendly, and enjoyable lunch. They were off to ride more rides, elsewhere, and I told them I was staying in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, until I got my fill.

Which is exactly what I did. I did not ride the ride, but I did do the walking tour. In fact, I did that twice. I took lots of photos inside the castle. I especially loved listening to the talking portraits, when I first entered, and went up the staircase. The Fat Lady is a riot, and I really felt like she was talking directly to me. I stopped and listened to Dumbledore's entire commentary, as well as all that Hermione, Ron, and Harry's spoke.

Many people who were doing the walking tour rushed past me, but I stayed and enjoyed the inside of the castle and tried to get pictures of everything that I was seeing. I am glad that I went back the 2nd time, because I had missed the Sorting Hat, the first time through.

After totally enjoying my walking tour, I went back outside, and many pictures were taken of everything. The Hippogriff Roller Coaster. If I had thought I could get near the coaster, without riding, I would have went there as well. My grandson commented later on, that perhaps I would have been able to photograph Hagrid's Hut without riding the ride. Not sure, but doesn't hurt to ask.

I visited all the shops that allowed it. I did buy some Pumpkin Juice to take home as a souvenir. I did not buy a wand. The area where the character wands were in the shop made it difficult for me to see exactly what wand I might want. That area was very crowded with small children mostly, and their parents.

The line outside for the "personal wand experience" was very long, so I passed on that as well.

I loved seeing the merchandise. The robes, and the brooms, and the hats, and Hagrid's Book all locked up in a cage.

I laughed as Myrtle moaned in The Girls Bathroom.

I did not drink Butter Beer, due to the sweet drink that I had chosen to have with my lunch, and I did not Eat in the Three Broomsticks. Gotta save something for next time.

I loved it, and I plan on making another day of it when I return to Florida, some time in the future, by myself.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-22-2013 at 01:31 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I got sidetracked. Here are the some more of my photographs of Dr. Seuss Land.

•   
    • Minion

Nice TR so far. I really enjoyed my time at IOA. I can't wait to see more!!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As I said earlier, I checked out The Lost Continent, and decided to spend a limited amount of time there. I just took a few photos.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Coming up next, will be my WWOHP pictures. There are a lot of them. I'll pick out the best.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Wonderful photos! And thank you for sharing your thoughts too! I really enjoyed reading about your time there! As you know I love that park so very much!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Nice to read someone else's experience at IOA. I too, enjoy going to the parks alone. That way I can do what I want, when I want, and I can really take the time to soak in the park without having to rush from one ride to the next.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• New Member Goes Forth

Great Trip Report, thanks for sharing.

I have to say that the Hogwarts Express locomotive is very impressive, just like the real locomotive. Fantastic research by the USO's version of the Immagineers.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast