Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Diagon Alley to open in 2014 CONCEPT ART RELEASED!

This is going to again redefine what themed entertainment is!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I absolutely agree Eric. This will be an incredible addition to the park. I love the concept art as well but I wonder how they're going to do the transition from London to Diagon Alley.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• former CM

Another Universal press release I’d like to read, though it's a tad too Disney obsessed:

“Over the past decade, we at Universal Orlando have strived to make our theme parks the finest in the world. We are currently building a major addition to the extremely popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Diagon Alley, the latest gift from J.K. Rowling's imagination, which will dwarf the dwarf coaster currently being ( s l o w l y ) built in Disney World’s Fantasyland.

We expect to finish our new area before Disney opens theirs, but for the convenience of the press, we will have our official opening celebration for the media the day after Disney has its official opening of their dwarf coaster. Who are the true heirs of Walt Disney? Judge for yourself! See ya real soon!

• former CM

Thanks for that interesting "article"/press release , Jafar00!

I'm repeating myself, but I believe the world of Harry Potter will be going strong 30 and 50 years from now because the books are so imaginative and entertaining. I expect that another set of movies with more advanced special effects covering all 7 novels will begin filming in about 25 years. Some of my favorite parts of the novels, the funny scenes at the Dursleys, were mostly excluded from the first 8 (Daniel Radcliffe) movies.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

This looks pretty awesome...any ideas on what kinda eticket ride we're looking at? At any rate it's probably going to be one of the coolest areas I've been in awhile...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Artistic integrity

A big THUMBS UP to Universal for turning up the heat in the Themed Entertainment industry .. with something we thought only Disney would do.

My last trip to WDW was in 1995. In that time, my favorite Future World EPCOT attractions have been lost forever. World Showcase has not seen a new ride, not since the Maelstrom in the late 80s. Tomorrowland is a collection of "cartoon" adventures ... and the best the New Fantasyland has to offer .. is a clone of something I've already seen and done (Little Mermaid -DCA) .. and "Dwarves" coaster that will barely entertain us .. with a couple minor "show room" scenes in the mountain interior. The most I would have to look forward to (since '95) is Rockn' Roller Coaster in DHS. And Animal Kingdom.

yawn

But if I see myself going to Florida ... I can tell you all this - I'll be heading to Universal Studios ... and spend a week there ... (Along with the second phase of "Potter") .. before I step into WDW .... which in my view ... hasn't got a lot up it sleeves .. to go running back to.

Three Cheers to Universal for upping their game ... and closing the gap between themselves, and Disney !!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    But if I see myself going to Florida ... I can tell you all this - I'll be heading to Universal Studios ... and spend a week there ... (Along with the second phase of "Potter") .. before I step into WDW .... which in my view ... hasn't got a lot up it sleeves .. to go running back to.

Three Cheers to Universal for upping their game ... and closing the gap between themselves, and Disney !!
    I agree Universal is really stepping it up. I still want to go to WDW in a few years but just hitting Universal first is my goal now instead of the opposite, which it used to be. With this announcement, I have plenty of time to save up a vacation to Universal next year, my first WDW vacation can wait.
    The Dwarfs coaster looks fun, but unfortunately that's all I can say as I don't know much about it and it doesn't look like anything groundbreaking to make me want to head there asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    This looks pretty awesome...any ideas on what kinda eticket ride we're looking at? At any rate it's probably going to be one of the coolest areas I've been in awhile...
    Gringotts Vault -- Roughly a cross between Mummy and Spider-Man/Transformers, combining aspects of a dark ride, roller coaster and simulator.

Hogwarts Express -- Train ride between parks using a new "glassless 3D" technology and other effects. Will have multiple experiences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12