Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Diagon Alley to open in 2014 CONCEPT ART RELEASED!

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES: THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER – DIAGON ALLEY IS COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT.

Building on the global phenomenon that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expansion of historic proportion with the entirely new themed environment, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.

Scheduled to open in 2014, the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience expands The Wizarding World of Harry Potter across both Universal Orlando theme parks and allows Universal’s creative team to bring an unparalleled vision to this unique project. The new area will bring to life some of the experiences and places found in and around London in the Harry Potter books and films, offering brand-new adventures for fans and theme park guests from around the world.

Diagon Alley and ‘London’ will be located within the Universal Studios Florida theme park, which is adjacent to Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, where guests now experience Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. The new area within Universal Studios will be just as expansive, immersive and authentic as the existing themed environment.”
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Co-Host of USWP

Re: Diagon Alley to open in 2014 CONCEPT ART RELEASED!

That is amazing! How exciting!

• Rrrrreecite!

Great to finally have it official, but what gives, Transformers gets a fancy 'interruption' in Cinematic Spectacular, followed by press conference. Then this, the biggest event in theme park news for years gets... a press release!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith3373 View Post
    Great to finally have it official, but what gives, Transformers gets a fancy 'interruption' in Cinematic Spectacular, followed by press conference. Then this, the biggest event in theme park news for years gets... a press release!
    I agree. I was hoping for a fancy fun event, with lots for us to share!

• HYDRA

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ya I too was hoping for more. Disney has a huge press event for an overnight party, and one of the biggest theme park projects gets a little announcement.
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Certified in everything

This is nothing new but exciting nonetheless!

Does anyone have any idea on how they might be doing access into Diagon Alley aside from the Leaky Cauldron? I'd assume (and it looks like based on the art and other materials) that there have to be other ways in, both from the front through the London facades and by Knockturn Alley... how do you think they'll explain it?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Just a great move to add a Potter land to the other park.....something Disney has wanted to do for years I'm sure

• Minion

that concept art is beautiful

• New Member Goes Forth

That is just fantastic news. We knew it for some time but glad we are getting the conformation. Maybe a large pre event will be good, so that we will be blown away at how detailed this will be.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I think this announcement should have been kept for the Transformers Opening while you had the media in town. Although this kind of announcement should be shared with the Fans first and not just the Bloggers and Media who get invites to these events. I'm hoping Disney will do the same at the D23 Expo and announce some cool projects for WDW to the fans first and not the Mommy Bloggers. There is a large online presence that's starting to speak out against some of these online sites/blogs and the privileges afforded to them by Disney. Even MiceChat who are often excluded from attending such events have been out spoken in the past. So credit to Universal for announcing it first to the fans over Facebook and Twitter feeds. It might not be the lavish ceremony some hoped for here but its saved them money and word has gotten out. The same people who would have been invited to such a media event are the same people who have re tweeted and shared the news over there sites. So the impact remains the same without having to offer free bars. Universal should take more advantage of its social media sites in the future. With the success of the Disney Parks Blog it might be time to set up its own version. Especially with the exciting projects on the way.

I am thrilled with the news about Diagon Alley. What's also amazing is that we only have to wait a year to experience it all. No 2-3 years wait!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The artwork is simply stunning. The more I look at it the more and more I love it!

I love the fact that even in the concept art, they've shown...umm, it's gonna be insanely busy...you will not want to be here if claustrophobic!

•   
    • Minion

Looks awesome I can't wait to see it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast