• Shubisha

New Potterland Theme

Have we gotten any hints/discussion on the theme surrounding the land of the new expansion?

As of yet, everything in Harry Potterland has been set within the context of the 4th book. The tri-wizard tournament is taking place, Sirius Black is on the loose having narrowly escaped the Ministry again, Voldemort and the Deatheaters are a nonissue..

12 Grimmauld Place, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheases, the dragon in Gringotts' bank.. are all from the 5th, 6th, and 7th books.. And as we saw in the story, Diagon Alley became quite a dreary place towards that end of the saga..

It's possible they take the stance that the setting is AFTER the final battle(the wizarding world versus the evil that shall not be named, and with the success of the wizarding world the wizarding economy is thriving again.. nice little allusion to Universal Studios itself ). But that then places Hogsmeade and Hogwarts into question. Also certain people being alive still.

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: New Potterland Theme

Personaly, I think it will be set after the books, so we feel that we are visiting the areas that Harry Potter and Co visited during their 7 years at Hogwarts
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

I don't think they'll try to portray any specific time period in Diagon Alley. They wanted something that represents the later part of the series, but I don't think it needs to be too specific.

As for taking place after the series, I've heard murmurs of Voldemort being involved this time, so...

Diagon Alley was introduced in the first book, and they have expanded on it to incorporate all the books, with WW Shop and the dragon on the top of Gringotts. WWOHP is amazing and even a trip to bathroom takes you into the books and movies with Moaning Myrtle "moaning"! Anything they do if you are a huge fan will be amazing and a nice addition to the WWOHP at IOA! I can not wait to go! But unlike last time I will not be going to grand opening, Universal does not know anything about crowd control.

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by hpobsessedfan View Post
    ...even a trip to bathroom takes you into the books and movies with Moaning Myrtle "moaning"!
    that is hilarious!