• Minion

Should the Dragon Challenge Dragon heads be changed?

I was just thinking they should change them to better represent their namesake from the HP franchise. How cool would it be to see this instead of the more generic dragons they have now.

Re: Should the Dragon Challenge Dragon heads be changed?

The heads on the trains? I don't think that's the sort of detail most people notice or think about.

I think a lot of people do notice that type of theming now, with what universal have done with the rest of the wizarding world and what they are planning for the diagon alley expansion, I feel something as small as changing the heads to more represent the two dragons from the books/movies is something that they should do. Unless , as rumours suggest , it is going to he removed at sine point.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Assuming your customer to be unobservant and apathetic is no way to run a quality, customer experience and service oriented business.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Assuming your customer to be unobservant and apathetic is no way to run a quality, customer experience and service oriented business.
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Oh come on. I've seen many *enthusiasts* who didn't notice the trains even HAD heads!

Regardless, if they couldn't be bothered to paint the coasters in more appropriate colors, they aren't going to change this.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It doesn't matter if many people don't notice, it's still the wrong assumption to make and it is something Universal should consider. In Disney parlance it would be "plusing," which need not always be marketing driven nonsense proving a faked, shared fandom.

• New Member Goes Forth

I think they should change the heads, even though I have not noticed them with much detail
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Where I think money could be better spent is by adding a Dragon AA on the ground or somewhere in ride.

Or enclosing the entire attraction.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I'm just glad that they at least got rid of the original "choose fire or ice" concept.

When I was there before it opened and even afterward it still had the original paint job that asked people if they wanted to get on "fire" or "ice". While I haven't been there for awhile, I looked at some queue footage on YT, and it was nice to see they got rid of it and replaced it with choosing between the Chinese fireball, or the Hungarian Horntail.

They may not get the heads right, but at least they got the names right.

It's something I think about from time to time. I do feel that the heads should have been changed and probably a new paint job. As DisCollector pointed out, they got rid of the 'fire or ice' option but as, for the most part, the ride is still the same, the majority of visitors still refer to both coasters as fire or ice.... sigh...

I also like KingEric's suggestion of a dragon on the ground. Perhaps breathing fire for a 'near miss'???

I'm assuming they'll need to close down at least one of the tracks to put the finishing touches on the Hogwarts Express Station. Hopefully they will make some theming improvements then?

I didn't know the ride had a HP theme at all since I used the Express line. It wan't until I went through the regular queue that I was able to really see the HP theme.

While I was still going there I still referred to it as Dueling Dragons out of habit, so people still calling it "fire" and "ice" doesn't surprise me.

The only reason why people refer to the Flying Unicorn as "Flight of the Hippogriff" is due to the fact that it had been completely rethemed. It's as if it's a completely new ride.

The only changes for the Dragon Challenge that I noticed when I was there was the flags that hung as you walked outside and the flying Ford Anglia (which has no reason to be there in my personal opinion). Inside, you saw the TriWizard Cup and a door that would rattle and shake as you hear roaring. Those are the only two things I can think of off the top of my head that seemed to go with the theme of the ride (the "fire" and "ice" were still there). That's it.

As for the idea of a dragon on the ground and breathing fire, I think it would be a waste of money. Unless, it's at the part where the coaster is climbing up, or right before you drop downward. If you do it any other time, you would miss it due to how fast the coaster is and how many turns there are.